What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Saint Doc

Coach
Lucky for me, you're not a mod...

Lucky for me, you aren't a jersey designer. Honestly mate, that is disgusting. Pure vomit. If the Kangaroos ran out in that, I'd support New Zealand. Or England. Or worse...the wallabies. Please please please don't ever design another jersey again...or if you must, get a job at reebok where at least you'll get paid to design dog poo like that. Horrible horrible horrible.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You serious?

It's pretty much our flag on a jersey. get rid of the sponsor logos and he's actually on a winner IMO

Saint Doc

Coach
yes I am serious. This is the best jersey in australian sport IMO

kidsjerseyssml.jpg

Why would you mess with it? Kills the wallabies/socceroos/cricket uniforms.

Our national colours are green and gold, not blue white and red.

The design looks like a tattoo some racist bogan would get in a false sense of "patriotism". Nothing about that vomit jersey has any resemblance to tradition, class or pride.

It makes baby jesus cry.

Timmah

Staff member
So our flag "looks like a tattoo some racist bogan would get"?

***MH***

Bench
For Timmah, Here's the Blue design without logos and interests sake, the same design in green.

ausjersBLUE.jpg

ausjersGREEN.jpg

Heaven forbid in the not too distant future should South Africa or Jamaica ever have a test team, that Australia wouldn't budge with an alternate jersey.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
For Timmah, Here's the Blue design without logos and interests sake, the same design in green.

Heaven forbid in the not too distant future should South Africa or Jamaica ever have a test team, that Australia wouldn't budge with an alternate jersey.

LOL! They dont even play the game in those countries? And why would the number 1 country in the world who has played the game for 100 years budge for an all important test match against Jamaica?!! To the loony bin for you...

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
LOL! They dont even play the game in those countries? And why would the number 1 country in the world who has played the game for 100 years budge for an all important test match against Jamaica?!! To the loony bin for you...

NZ changed their union jersey for a game in the RUWC iirc.

I agree that changing the national jersey substantially would be a travesty though. It's a brilliant design and in another century's time I'd like to think that the players still wear the same design.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
When Australia played South Africa in 2 Tests in 1963, South Africa had an all-green jersey. So Australia reverted back to wearing Maroon & Sky Blue hooped jerseys to avoid a clash - the same ones that the Kangaroos wore in the Centenary Test Match vs New Zealand at the SCG in 2008. This jersey was also the one worn by the first Kangaroos in 1908.

thorson1987

Coach

If they were to need an alternate jersey keep it simple. Just switch the colours around on the current design. Nothing else.

Timmah

Staff member
Actually Bluebags makes a good point - the maroon & blue butcher stripes.

***MH***

Bench
meh.................. another centric resistant to change.

how boring.

I guess if you had it your way, we wouldn't have a team in Melbourne, we'd still be playing unlimited tackles, St George would still be a single entity and they would be playing for their 56th straight premiership.

FYI, League is experiencing strong growth in Jamaica and Sth Africa.
JRL_Logo_copy.jpg

South_African_Rugby_League.png

Please don't comment on what you don't know.

Comment on my designs as you wish, I know any works I put up on here will get ridiculed and scruitinised. It really doesn't bother me, I love the golden chevrons just as much as the next Kangaroo die-hard. They've used alternate jerseys before, during Kangaroo tours. The point of the alternate Roos jersey idea was to see other creative ideas out there.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i remember an australia a side in which mario fenech played in back in the late 80's had the australian jeresy but the colours reversed (predominantly yellow with a green v), i think i saw it on a boots and all episode

Red Bear

Referee
Why would we need an alternate Australian jersey anyway? No need.

Gee those 'heritage' jerseys look great. Love the old Balmain one, the chooks one, Newcastles, Parras, even Manly's is decent.

Coleworld

Juniors
NRL clubs need to go back to there traditional jersey's, that Newcastle jersey is perfect, Canterbury need to play either with strips or back to there 95 Winning strip not the sharp V they have kept since Super league.

The designers for jerseys in the NRL is terrible, simple and traditional looking jerseys are so much better.

Coleworld

Juniors
NRL clubs need to go back to there traditional jersey's, that Newcastle jersey is perfect, Canterbury need to play either with stripes or back to there 95 Winning strip not the sharp V they have kept since Super league.

The designers for jerseys in the NRL is terrible, simple and traditional looking jerseys are so much better.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Does anyone know if Country will be going back to their proper Rusty Maroon with thick Gold V jersey this year? The white jersey rubbish they have worn for the last 2 years is an insult to the traditions of the game.

Latest posts