What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Bluebags1908

Juniors
i remember an australia a side in which mario fenech played in back in the late 80's had the australian jeresy but the colours reversed (predominantly yellow with a green v), i think i saw it on a boots and all episode

Is that the Emus jersey? (I think it's Emus)

I think it was the Australian Prime Ministers X111 jersey that was worn for games vs PNG and a tour game vs Great Britain. Gold with the Green V's.

The current Prime Ministers team that plays PNG every year should wear the same jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
55321108.jpg

if you have trouble telling those two strips apart, maybe you should see an optomoterist

If you think watching extended and long shots of those jerseys would be easy, then you need an optom. Fair dinkum.

beave

Coach
f#$k the optom, I needed a carton of rums can to get me through the weekend after that game....................

innsaneink

Referee
We went from black shorts to white for that game too iirc...first time I think with that jumper...what a night that was!

hellteam

First Grade
Here's an alternate Kangaroos jersey (below) , it's the jersey they use for the affiliated states (VIC, NT, WA, SA) team selected after the Under 15 and 18 national championships.

32398_1_L.jpg

This next jersey is the one the Prime Ministers XIII wear currently. The AIS under 18 rugby league squad (pictured) also wear this jersey. Back in the day the Kangaroos used to wear this design during the tour games (against Wigan, St Helens etc) of their Kangaroo tours to Great Britain.

ais_v_gbcl_09Tour_01_s3L.jpg

***MH***

Bench
Here's an alternate Kangaroos jersey (below) , it's the jersey they use for the affiliated states (VIC, NT, WA, SA) team selected after the Under 15 and 18 national championships.
Does anyone remember the White Alternate Kangaroos jersey used in either the 1990 or 94 Roos tour?

thorson1987

Coach

32398_1_L.jpg

I like. Thats would be a perfect alt strip.

This next jersey is the one the Prime Ministers XIII wear currently. The AIS under 18 rugby league squad (pictured) also wear this jersey. Back in the day the Kangaroos used to wear this design during the tour games (against Wigan, St Helens etc) of their Kangaroo tours to Great Britain.

ais_v_gbcl_09Tour_01_s3L.jpg

I dont mind that one.

elevenstraight

Juniors
I think the Saints heritage is going to be the Steelers red with 2x white hoops on the sleeves. I saw it for a split second next to the sharks one on ch 9 news tonight. It was the story on the salary cap at the MOL lunch. It was in the background with all the other heritage strips on display. Looked ligit with sponsors, NRL & Saints logos.

And IMO it look really good, if its it it will be the best this year from Weebok

Steel Dragon

Bench
I think the Saints heritage is going to be the Steelers red with 2x white hoops on the sleeves. I saw it for a split second next to the sharks one on ch 9 news tonight. It was the story on the salary cap at the MOL lunch. It was in the background with all the other heritage strips on display. Looked ligit with sponsors, NRL & Saints logos.

And IMO it look really good, if its it it will be the best this year from Weebok

I think youre dreaming! (Wish you werent)
If its heritage round v Dogs - theres no way its gonna be Steeleresque.
St George Dragons had the rivalry with CB Bulldogs, not so much Illawarra.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's a match commemorating the 1985 GF. I'd be stunned if they went with a Steeler-based strip, especially when Illawarra heritage game was vs Brisbane in Round 5.

Saint Doc

Coach
meh.................. another centric resistant to change.

how boring.

I guess if you had it your way, we wouldn't have a team in Melbourne, we'd still be playing unlimited tackles, St George would still be a single entity and they would be playing for their 56th straight premiership.

lol. There is a difference between change and progress. Im not a fan of change for the sake of change. Tradition is so important - just look at every successful sporting league in the world and the way they respect traditions. Australia's RL jersey is very traditional and looks fantastic. No reason to change. Im a fan of progress however. I love the Melbourne Storm and have bought plane tickets this weekend to go to the test and storm game to support our game and check out the new stadium. Im a St.George Illawarra fan...yes in an ideal world St.George and Illawarra would have been strong enough to stand alone (neither at the expense of each other), however i quickly warmed to the connection our clubs made and have now spent longer as a 'hard core' St George Illawarra fan than I did as a St.George fan, so would never want things to change now.

FYI, League is experiencing strong growth in Jamaica and Sth Africa.
JRL_Logo_copy.jpg

South_African_Rugby_League.png

Please don't comment on what you don't know.

Comment on my designs as you wish, I know any works I put up on here will get ridiculed and scruitinised. It really doesn't bother me, I love the golden chevrons just as much as the next Kangaroo die-hard. They've used alternate jerseys before, during Kangaroo tours. The point of the alternate Roos jersey idea was to see other creative ideas out there.
Mate, dont tell me what i do and dont know about international league. I know the teams in the last world cup were Australia, England, New Zealand, Fiji, Ireland, Scotland, Somoa, Tonga, PNG and France. I know the teams who played the qualifying tournament but didnt make it were Lebanon, Wales, USA, Russia, Japan, Cook Islands, Holland, Georgia and Serbia. It is widely recognised the League is only genuinely played in 4 countries, Aus/NZ/Eng/PNG. It has token professional teams in Wales and France, where is remain a minor sport compared to soccer, rugby union and others. In fact most even in those countries wouldnt have heard of RL, or know how it differs from union. In the world cup, the 4 league playing nations were grouped together to avoid cricket scores and so that the tournament had some credibility. And despite all this, South Africa and Jamaica were still not among the top 19 countries competing. Just because you have a logo, doesnt mean you're ready to play international league!!

Dont get me wrong, I would love league to be played world wide. Id love Jamaica and especially South Africa to play and be competitive. But realistically, the earliest i could see that happening is 50 years away! So dont ridicule me when you're the one coming up with horrible jersey designs to replace the best league jersey in the world, and justifying it by claiming there is any credibility whatsoever at the moment in Jamaican and SA Rugby League, and then feeling proud when 'forum pest' Timmah thinks you're "owning" it!!

If you're keen to design jerseys, please have a go at designing a better alternate jersey for saints than the disaster we have. But leave the roos jersey alone, it is perfect as it is, and despite your weak excuse there is no valid reason in the world to change it.

Saint Doc

Coach
Would be very surprised if they went with a Steeler jersey, as the away mess wolverine jersey supposedly IS the steelers jersey (it is what all the junior steeler teams wear).

And on ticketek the following logos are found to promote the game:

sfx57103.jpg

So surely it will be a St.George based strip??

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Did anyone notice how long the England shorts are? I've never seen League shorts that long.

You may have discovered the reason why England are so crap

Australia with short shorts = f**king awesome

England with long shorts = f**king hopeless

Coincidence? I think not.

Latest posts