What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

nqcowboy87

Bench
yeh cows have the blue on the front and the tigers have black on the front but with all the other colours on the jersey it doesnt really clash

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
blue? it's navy, are you colourblind? navy is almost black.

nqcowboy87

Bench
55321108.jpg

if you have trouble telling those two strips apart, maybe you should see an optomoterist

hellteam

First Grade
No I remember that game and it was hard at the time. When you look at pictures close up it's a lot different to when theres 26 people running around from far away.

About the Panthers, I don't think brown and white is a good option for their colours. I really like their colours when they had black with white, red yellow and green stripe it was original (below). This was definitely their best jersey... would love to see it as a heritage strip and I'm surprised they haven't, it was the one that they won their first premiership in.

1991_Panthers%20win%20premiership_w480.jpg

Their 2003 jersey was also wayyyyyyy better then they got now. Why did they change to that all-black terrible jersey they have now?

penrith-panthers-2003-premiers-jersey.jpg

Chook Norris

First Grade
guys, how was the storm jersey this week v cowboys?

same sponsor logo on front? It looked pretty average (the jaycar logo) last time

***MH***

Bench
As sacred as the Australian Test jersey is, will we ever see a modern alternate strip? I wouldn't mind seeing some photoshop concepts.

Saint Doc

Coach
As sacred as the Australian Test jersey is, will we ever see a modern alternate strip? I wouldn't mind seeing some photoshop concepts.

if i had any say in that matter you would be banned for that comment.

And nqcowboy87, I presume that name means you're 22/23, which would mean you were 17/18 when that tigers/cowboys game occurred, which is perhaps why you obviously either didnt watch the game or can't remember it. From a camera high up in the Telstra Stadium stand, there was almost zero contrast between the jerseys. To be honest, there are no 100% similar strips in the NRL other than the Warriors/Panthers/Tigers all black strips. But the reason for 'alternate' jerseys is because it is much easier viewing when contrasting colours, such as orange vs white play, instead of navy/white and black/white. It was a very hard hame to watch, as was the Titans/Panthers last weekend. End of story.

flippikat

First Grade
1991_Panthers%20win%20premiership_w480.jpg

I really like the away jersey they had around this time, the same as the one above, but with the top half white - I think THAT would be a good one to bring back as an alternate or a heritage strip.

(Also, you can already buy the black design above as a "retro" jersey, but the reverse design isn't for sale at the moment.)

Timmah

Staff member
Recapping heritage jerseys going into Round 10:

Canterbury

bd_her_jersey.jpg

St George Illawarra

??? - assumed to be red butcher stripes as per 2010

Brisbane

???

Gold Coast

???

Timmah

Staff member
Warriors

7.jpg

North Qld

3.jpg

Roosters (add steggles to the front, obviously)

rooster.jpg

Knights (same as 2009)

26.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Canberra - no heritage jersey - they just use their home jersey as it is 'heritage enough'

1.jpg

Melbourne

34.jpg

Tigers (Balmain for this match)

wt_jersey_balmain.jpg

Souths

rabbit.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Cronulla (add Hisense at the bottom of the vee)

shark.jpg

Penrith

panther.jpg

Manly:

seaeagle.jpg

Parramatta:

23.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
That would look like a great jersey if it didn't have VB or Jetstar on it.

Latest posts