What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Shire Panther

Juniors
I liked the St George Illawarra Dragons Red jersey the other night i think that should be jersey they wear when the dont wear the white jersey.

innsaneink

Referee
The Rooster's jersey was like a 70's style they had: different style "V" which continued over the shoulders to the back, and the red and white stripe on the sleeve was placed higher. Don't know what was going on with Newcastle?

2010 home:
picture.php

"heritage" v Knights:

picture.php

No idea.
Its the same f**kin jumper theyve worn all year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah the Roosters was a "heritage jersey" of sorts - I think the club has responded to calls from fans they have too many different strips - looks like they've abandoned the tricolour stripes for now.

Newcastle was rubbish, should've worn the henny penny-style strip.

Timmah

Staff member
The Roosters jersey was definitely different to their normal strip:

NRL+Rd+10+Roosters+v+Knights+9ZIEQzvPZW-l.jpg

Vee goes straight up over the shoulders and links to the back

NRL+Rd+6+Roosters+v+Raiders+qNPgYzPyiowl.jpg

Vee stops at the neck and resumes on the back.

Slightly different, but not by much.

Timmah

Staff member
Also had big thick red bands around the sleeves. Very subtle changes.

hellteam

First Grade
The Roosters jersey was definitely different to their normal strip:

NRL+Rd+10+Roosters+v+Knights+9ZIEQzvPZW-l.jpg

Vee goes straight up over the shoulders and links to the back

NRL+Rd+6+Roosters+v+Raiders+qNPgYzPyiowl.jpg

Vee stops at the neck and resumes on the back.

Slightly different, but not by much.

Ha, very very subtle, what's the point. Although it is better.

Choppies

Coach
It was heritage round. Full V from the 70's and the bands around the sleeves also from that era.
Roosters Marketing with yet another idiotic move by not having the jersey for sale.
It could be like the Anzac day jersey where it was only put on sale like 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
The roosters V went round the back up until this year didnt it (although it was still cut off).
Theyve slightly ruined the jersey this year, V just looks a bit weird.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How come the Knights didnt wear a heritage strip?

Not even their Henny Penny one or the 1908 strip. But I suppose they'll probably wear it some stage this season.

Craegus

Juniors
How come the Knights didnt wear a heritage strip?

Not even their Henny Penny one or the 1908 strip. But I suppose they'll probably wear it some stage this season.

Simple reason, the Roosters were in blue and red, if the Knights wore their heritage jersey there would have been too much of a clash.

It's a poor excuse but that is the reason.

However I have no doubt that they will wear that great jersey later in the year and hopefully full time from next year.

Timmah

Staff member
I doubt it's the reason, they wore it against the Roosters last year.

Saint Doc

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26000

SANYO extends Sponsorship

24/05/2010 4:52:13 PM

SANYO has extended its Major Sponsorship of the Penrith Panthers for another year with a further 2 year option.
SANYO were already the longest serving major sponsor of any NRL team prior to the announcement today, beginning their association with the Panthers in 2000.
SANYO Oceania’s President and Managing Director, Mr Bill Crichton announced the sponsorship extension in front of 8,966 members and fans at Monday night football.
“We are ecstatic to extend our long term relationship with the Panthers and their supporters, whom we believe to be Rugby League’s heartland,” Mr Crichton said
“The decision to re-sign as the Panthers major sponsor is an indication of our commitment not only to the Panthers and their supporters, but is also a sign of our support and belief in the NRL and the game as a whole’
Panthers Marketing Manager Shannon Donato was thrilled with the news of the extension.
“I’m delighted that SANYO has shown its commitment to our club over a prolonged period of time,” he said.
“Our partnership with SANYO has experienced the highs and lows of many season with things looking very positive for the team in 2010.
“SANYO have partnered us in many activities within our community. One of the obvious highlights of our partnership was our premiership win in 2003. We are aiming to replicate that gain this year.
“Throughout challenging economic times over the past years SANYO have stood steadfastly beside us as a club and our community. SANYO have been instrumental in the success of the Pink Panther campaign and that of our Panthers on the Prowl community development initiative.”
SANYO has grown to be a household name in both Australia and New Zealand. Over the past ten years SANYO has moved from being a strictly Consumer Electronics company to a diversified supplier of Environmental, Consumer, Digital and Commercial products. SANYO's consumer products can be found at Australia and New Zealand's leading mass-market retailers including:
• Coles Myer Group (Kmart, Target, Officeworks, Myer)
• Woolworths (Big W, Dick Smith)
• Warehouse Group (New Zealand)
SANYO’s commercial product range is sold through premium resellers and distributors.

Latest posts