What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

docbrown

Coach
It won't go anywhere near selling out, but if it did it would also bring the Broncos to their highest average since 94 (95 average was 35902). Only needs 34k, which is about what will get, to be the highest since 95 though.

Yes about 34k is what I figured as well, though I think the 94 average was 37k and 93 was 40k+, so it'd be their 3rd highest.

Realistically speaking, the Broncos are a team that stands a chance of drawing 40k+ again regularly if the right initiatives are taken.

As its the last guaranteed game in Brisbane and there hasn't been one there in the 2 weeks prior, I hope Brisbane fans do treat it as a mini-home finals game and show up enmasse. I think that's why the NRL scheduled it the way they did, hoping it would give them the end of season boost like it did last year.

Saint Doc

Coach
From a crowds perspective, the ideal results are:

Rd 24:
Cowboys vs Bulldogs - give the dogs fans a reason to turn up to final game of the year
Eels vs Tigers - if eels and souths both win, crowd could be 30k for next weeks shoot out.
Knights vs Broncos - Knights have a big game against Saints next week.
Panthers vs Rabbitohs - see Eels reason
Raiders vs Dragons - keep season alive, home game next week
Roosters vs Titans - home game next week, if they lose 3 in a row noone will turn up vs manly.
Sea Eagles vs Warriors - home game vs broncos next week (traditionally biggest drawing game of the year for them) - finals bound ?18-19k
Storm vs Sharks - inspire the locals, 2 game winning streak heading into final home game farewelling barrett/covell.

Rd 25:
Bulldogs vs Panthers - panthers finals bound, pick up home crowd next week
Knights vs Dragons - need to not be "choking", a win next week at home probably will see minor premiership trophy presented (increase crowd)
Rabbitohs vs Eels - home game vs warriors next week, win = into finals. all about hayne train.
Raiders vs Cowboys - play broncos next week, should see a massive suncorp crowd as whichever team wins now makes the finals!
Roosters vs Sea Eagles - home game next week, on fire.
Sharks vs Titans - home game next week, top 4 finish
Warriors vs Broncos - see Raiders reason
Tigers vs Storm

Rd 26:
Broncos vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Roosters
Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Eels vs Warriors
Panthers vs Sharks
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Storm vs Knights
Titans vs Tigers

docbrown

Coach
From a crowds perspective, the ideal results are:

Rd 24:
Cowboys vs Bulldogs - give the dogs fans a reason to turn up to final game of the year
Eels vs Tigers - if eels and souths both win, crowd could be 30k for next weeks shoot out.
Knights vs Broncos - Knights have a big game against Saints next week.
Panthers vs Rabbitohs - see Eels reason
Raiders vs Dragons - keep season alive, home game next week
Roosters vs Titans - home game next week, if they lose 3 in a row noone will turn up vs manly.
Sea Eagles vs Warriors - home game vs broncos next week (traditionally biggest drawing game of the year for them) - finals bound ?18-19k
Storm vs Sharks - inspire the locals, 2 game winning streak heading into final home game farewelling barrett/covell.

Rd 25:
Bulldogs vs Panthers - panthers finals bound, pick up home crowd next week
Knights vs Dragons - need to not be "choking", a win next week at home probably will see minor premiership trophy presented (increase crowd)
Rabbitohs vs Eels - home game vs warriors next week, win = into finals. all about hayne train.
Raiders vs Cowboys - play broncos next week, should see a massive suncorp crowd as whichever team wins now makes the finals!
Roosters vs Sea Eagles - home game next week, on fire.
Sharks vs Titans - home game next week, top 4 finish
Warriors vs Broncos - see Raiders reason
Tigers vs Storm

Rd 26:
Broncos vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Roosters
Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Eels vs Warriors
Panthers vs Sharks
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Storm vs Knights
Titans vs Tigers

Nicely done, nailed it. The fans of the Top 12 teams really need to get out in droves as it's the most open comp in years, anybody can beat anybody.

dogz08

First Grade
Next Week..

Cowboys vs Bulldogs 9k
Eels vs Tigers 18k
Knights vs Broncos 14k
Panthers vs Rabbitohs 10k
Raiders vs Dragons 20k
Roosters vs Titans 5k
Sea Eagles vs Warriors 12k
Storm vs Sharks 10k

dragondad

First Grade
Now onto next week's predictions:

Penrith v Souths - 14k
Newcastle v Brisbane - 13k
Manly v Warriors - 15k
Melbourne v Cronulla - 9k
North Queensland v Canterbury - 13k
Canberra v Dragons - 20k
Parramatta v Wests - 19k
Roosters v Titans - 9k

When was the last time Canberra topped the crowds over a weekend?

Chook Norris

First Grade
predictions for next round..

Penrith v Souths - 13k
Newcastle v Brisbane - 13k
Manly v Warriors - 14k
Melbourne v Cronulla - 9k
North Queensland v Canterbury - 13k
Canberra v Dragons - 17k
Parramatta v Wests - 19k
Roosters v Titans - 9k

Panther_Daz

Staff member
How many people would have the Eels v Tigers got if it was at the SFS on Sunday Afternoon? 37K?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great crowd. There's nothing better than seeing a stadium sold out or close to a sell out on telly.

Get off the couches everyone and go along to the remaining home games.

The ground looked great tbh, and given the timeslot I think the crowd was tops.

saints_fireup

Juniors
The ground looked great tbh, and given the timeslot I think the crowd was tops.

Indeed. Monday night football makes no sense if you ask me. The game would've been sold out had the match been on a Sunday afternoon or Friday night.

Even more absurd is the scheduling for the Saints v Souths game in Rd 26.

VictoryFC

Bench
If Monday night is going to be a fixture in the long run, they have to sacrifice big games on Mondays, regardless of whether they would get more people through the gates during the weekend.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Tigers vs Storm - 14k - despite being against the storm, this game deserves to be 18k, I believe it's at Leichardt too, as it's the last home game

Will be much closer to 18k (maybe even more) IMO...a lot of Tigers fans have been waiting for this since April, plus the fact its Leichhardt on a Sunday, former player's reunion day, and final home game for the season.

docbrown

Coach
Will be much closer to 18k (maybe even more) IMO...a lot of Tigers fans have been waiting for this since April, plus the fact its Leichhardt on a Sunday, former player's reunion day, and final home game for the season.

Didn't know about the reunion day. I think Leichardt's capacity is 19-20k though. I hope it does get 18k.

If people reading this website haven't gotten to their team's games recently, they should really go. They should go even if they have.
I've booked my tickets for the Knight's Broncos & Dragons games. I couldn't go with a membership this year due to work commitments, but will next year.

Even if you only go to 1 game a year (you should go to more though...) you should do it as a member and help boost your clubs numbers. We need to start getting 15k membership numbers minimum.

benoir91

Juniors
Parramatta vs Wests Tigers is...

OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT

2 successive sell outs of Parramatta Stadium

Timmah

Staff member
And again we'll get a crowd a few k below capacity...

Timmah

Staff member
Penrith v Souths - 12k
Newcastle v Brisbane - 18k
Manly v Warriors - 10k
Melbourne v Cronulla - 8k
North Queensland v Canterbury - 9k
Canberra v Dragons - 20k
Parramatta v Wests - 19k
Roosters v Titans - 9k