What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nah I was saying that they were expensive too.

ANZ is a terrible stadium and $40 to watch the game there plus extortion parking turns a lot of people away.
$40?

$20 for general admission, if you arrive before the match and leave at fulltime you can usually escape paying just $12.

That's less than $40 altogether...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As much as I'd love it if you're right, I'm predicting 14,000 max. The Raiders have burnt too many bandwagon supporters with terrible home performances this year.

:lol:

The game got 19,000 last year and this time your season's on the line.

It will break 20,000, there are busloads of Saints fans coming down the highway, not to mention the Raiders fans who know it'll be a good game against the Dragons.

20knights10

Juniors
Just a lazy 48,000 at the MCG only surpassed by one NRL crowd this season.
Incredible isn't it. A game that resembles an U8's rugby league game being played by grown-ups actually attracts people! Well I guess if that's all that's required to keep their attention then we should be happy for them, and you. Run along.

phonetic

Juniors
Saints v Canberra will easily top 20k. I've just stepped off the plane from a european summer trip, and can't wait to make the trek down to Bruce for our annual thumping at the hands of the Raiders. I hope for a win, but when it comes to Hoodoo contests, the Raiders are right up there.

Last year was fantastic. A really high intensity game which unfortunately triggered our late season woes. Amazing atmosphere. It's such a great stadium, and when one end is full of Saints fans it's even better.

Stormsally

Juniors
Storm v Bunnies - crowd 9172.

It seems we have dragged our minimum attendance up from mid 8000.

It could have been a generous 9,000 - hard to tell when you are at the ground because you can see Level 3 from Level 1 - who knows how many are up there!

MsStorm

Bench
Storm v Bunnies - crowd 9172.

It seems we have dragged our minimum attendance up from mid 8000.

It could have been a generous 9,000 - hard to tell when you are at the ground because you can see Level 3 from Level 1 - who knows how many are up there!

Whilst not a great crowd, it was still okay considering the terrible weather all day long, not playing for points and now we are always stuck with Sunday afternoon games and against 2 afl games, which didn't attract good crowds either because of the rain and cold conditions.

We also have quite a few afl fans that follow the storm, but obviously the weather and the 2 afl games played in the CBD area didn't help.

The game at Etihad with a closed roof with 2 top afl Victorian teams only attracted 23,000 people.

docbrown

Coach
Whilst not a great crowd, it was still okay considering the terrible weather all day long, not playing for points and now we are always stuck with Sunday afternoon games and against 2 afl games, which didn't attract good crowds either because of the rain and cold conditions.

We also have quite a few afl fans that follow the storm, but obviously the weather and the 2 afl games played in the CBD area didn't help.

The game at Etihad with a closed roof with 2 top afl Victorian teams only attracted 23,000 people.

Next year with active promotion and membership drives and a few early wins, the Storm will finish with a 14,000+ average.

docbrown

Coach
After tonight's Dragons-Sea Eagles match which hopefull pulls over 14,000-15,000 (damn well better!), the season average crowd will be about 16,300 - 150 shy of the record, making this year's match the most successful.

With 24 matches left, only 3600 more fans are required to beat the record.

The remaining matches are (home team first)

Rd 24:
Cowboys vs Bulldogs - 14k
Eels vs Tigers - 19k - bloody well better, this game deserves to be a sell-out
Knights vs Broncos - 17k+ - knights season on the line, deserves even more
Panthers vs Rabbitohs - 14k + again deserves to sell out, but apathy will beat it, where are you Panthers fans? Fire up your team!
Raiders vs Dragons - 19k - this game deserves to be a sell out as well
Roosters vs Titans - 13k - deserves much more, but titans away, apathy for roosters,
Sea Eagles vs Warriors - 15k + (another game that deserves more, but apathetic, where are you Sea Eagles fans??
Storm vs Sharks - wow... I'd say 9k

Average: 15000
Season Average: 16245 - uh oh...

Rd 25:
Bulldogs vs Panthers - 13k - unless Panthers fan travel for it, but they likely won't
Knights vs Dragons - 15k+ - if Knights win previous week, will get alot more, Dragons always gets a crowd
Rabbitohs vs Eels - 15k - but this game deserves 25k given the location and rank of the teams. Eels fans have 3 great games to finish the season. Get to them!
Raiders vs Cowboys - 13k more if Raiders win against Dragons (hmmm......)
Roosters vs Sea Eagles - 18k - but deserves 20k
Sharks vs Titans - 8k
Warriors vs Broncos - 15k - hopefully though Warriors fans finally fire up
Tigers vs Storm - 14k - despite being against the storm, this game deserves to be 18k, I believe it's at Leichardt too, as it's the last home game

Average: 13750 - god damn, I really hope not, you lazy assholes!!! (sorry...)
Season Average: 16,150

Rd 26:
Broncos vs Raiders - 34k+ (thank god for the Broncos) - actually I hope this sells out given the chance that Broncos might not get a home final
Cowboys vs Roosters - 14k
Dragons vs Rabbitohs - 17k - hopefully sells out too though as dragons gear up for Finals
Eels vs Warriors - 18k - SELL THIS GAME OUT!!! Your seasons will depend on it!!
Panthers vs Sharks - 14k - god damn, SHOW UP!!!
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs - 15k - GOD DAMN - SELL OUT!!!
Storm vs Knights - 9k
Titans vs Tigers - 17k - this game deserves to SELL OUT TOO!!!!

Average: 17,250

TOTAL SEASON AVERAGE: 16,200

Which although it's the 2nd highest ever, really pisses me off because there are some mind blowingly great matches that should draw numbers but won't because of apathy. This is the time of year when people should be flocking to games but unfortunately the Cowboys, Sharks and Storm have quite a few home games pulling things down.

If apathetic fans of Teams in the top 8 actually bother to go to the game, we can easily get the record. But I'll throw in something better:

IF the Broncos sell out their final home game or get 45,000+, we will beat the record, so Broncos fans especially, get to that game.

user_nat

Coach
Rd 26:
Broncos vs Raiders - 34k+ (thank god for the Broncos) - actually I hope this sells out given the chance that Broncos might not get a home final

IF the Broncos sell out their final home game or get 45,000+, we will beat the record, so Broncos fans especially, get to that game.

It won't go anywhere near selling out, but if it did it would also bring the Broncos to their highest average since 94 (95 average was 35902). Only needs 34k, which is about what will get, to be the highest since 95 though.