What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't believe people are bagging the sellout crowd. need I remind timmah of the dogs vs tigers crowd? 11k. That's a few k short of capacity- 71k short. Sure it was raining but when games are threatened as sellouts people pre-buy, which massively increases their chance of attending. Yes, smaller grounds can be negatives, but they help increase memberships, create hype, give a great impression on tv etc. No further proof is needed than the recent parra roosters game which was the highest ever rating paytv game.

Good on you parra, the sellout crowd is gonna look great!

You can certainly remind me of the 11k crowd for Dogs v Tigers (don't mention the Grand Final rematch across town at the same time only getting 7k though, might upset some people), we're likely for a bottom four finish and still we're the highest averaging side in Sydney, and the second highest averaging side in the COMP.

I'm not actually bagging Parra directly, as it's happened at Kogarah and Wollongong before where sell-outs are reported, yet the figure falls well below.
Timmah, i dont know why i bother retaliating to your comments because i seriously feel like you are a brick wall and anything that someone wants to say to you that is actually intelligent will bounce right off you.

Yak is speaking sense and if you were speaking sense i wouldn't single out your post. As i said before, you made a comment that even though we get a SOLD OUT stadium we still get crowds ' a few k' under capacity. I merely corrected you and it was pointed out by others that we were only 917 under the stadium capacity last home game. You can read my previous post as to WHY there is a discrepancy between the sold out figure and the actual figure because i dont want to go into it again.

I know you think you know everything, and by all means you can think that all you want, but just learn to give credit where credit is due and rather than criticise our ' a few k' under crowd why dont you praise our fans for actually turning up despite us being 10th on the table. But that wouldnt go down well with your bandwagon argument right?
Given I actually get off my arse every week and attend all games my club plays (within reason) I think I am entitled to mount the bandwagon argument, and the figures for your club has earlier this year compared to now speak for themselves. The 7k crowd mentioned earlier remains one of the greatest disgraces of the year (regardless of the weather).

It's great that bums are on seats this Sunday and great that they were two weeks ago. The question remains why weren't they for that clash against Melbourne and why the hell wasn't your club promoting the backside off such a grudge match?

FTR, that goes for all clubs who've drawn pitiful crowds this year, including a couple of our own, but that wouldn't suit my supposed anti-Parra agenda, would it?

sarahk

Juniors
You can certainly remind me of the 11k crowd for Dogs v Tigers (don't mention the Grand Final rematch across town at the same time only getting 7k though, might upset some people), we're likely for a bottom four finish and still we're the highest averaging side in Sydney, and the second highest averaging side in the COMP.

I'm not actually bagging Parra directly, as it's happened at Kogarah and Wollongong before where sell-outs are reported, yet the figure falls well below.

Given I actually get off my arse every week and attend all games my club plays (within reason) I think I am entitled to mount the bandwagon argument, and the figures for your club has earlier this year compared to now speak for themselves. The 7k crowd mentioned earlier remains one of the greatest disgraces of the year (regardless of the weather).

It's great that bums are on seats this Sunday and great that they were two weeks ago. The question remains why weren't they for that clash against Melbourne and why the hell wasn't your club promoting the backside off such a grudge match?

FTR, that goes for all clubs who've drawn pitiful crowds this year, including a couple of our own, but that wouldn't suit my supposed anti-Parra agenda, would it?

Well now that i know the ONLY argument you have is that game against Melbourne this discussion has become a WHOLE lot easier.

You talk about that grand final rematch that only drew a 7 k crowd. Firstly, judging by the quality of your comebacks i would assume you didn't even bother to think about that day and what the weather predictions for night time were. We actually had well over 7k tickets pre sold to the game but the weather on the day was really bad and most people didn't end up going because of that . ( Keep in mind that most people have families and if there is torrential rain they ARE NOT going to be sitting out in a stadium where most of the stadium is uncovered). Like you can talk when your wonderful bulldogs drew 11 k to that game against the TIGERS, another Sydney team. Regardless of our game being a grandfinal rematch, your crowd was NO BETTER than ours so stop referring back to that one game.

You also mention our crowds compared to back at the start of the year? Other than the Storm and Cowboys game, our crowds have actually been quite consistent but then again unless i provide concrete stats ( even then) you'll probably retaliate with the same argument again:

Round 1- 18,293
Round 2- 15,602
Round 5- 15, 122
Round 6- 25,152
Round 8- 31,991
Round 11- 13, 058
Round 13- 7,572
Round 16- 15 ,929
Round 18- 11,117
Round 21- 19, 824
Round 24- Sell out so 19k +

So now Timmah im going to reply to all your possible comebacks (which im sure you'll use in your next post) in advance:

TIMMAH COMEBACK NO.

1.- " but you drew 7k to the melbourne game'- My answer: Read My Whole Post again and again AND AGAIN until you fully understand it.

2. " But parra are bandwagoners"- My answer: Good for you and Good for you in going to every bulldogs game 'within reason' ( apparently a prediction of torrential rain is NOT within reason of not attending). And if your bulldogs are so loyal to their team even when their losing how did you manage to get a crowd of 10k last weekend? Oh that's right Timmah, but i thought all of your fans went to the games whenever their team lost and supported them through and through? I think not. It happens in every single friken team.

3. But Bulldogs are so fully sick- My answer: No Timmah, they are not. They are absolutely crap.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Well now that i know the ONLY argument you have is that game against Melbourne this discussion has become a WHOLE lot easier.
Really? Out of all the games you played this year, when one looked at the draw, it was one of at least 2-3 games earmarked as "must sell out". It didn't.

You talk about that grand final rematch that only drew a 7 k crowd. Firstly, judging by the quality of your comebacks i would assume you didn't even bother to think about that day and what the weather predictions for night time were. We actually had well over 7k tickets pre sold to the game but the weather on the day was really bad and most people didn't end up going because of that . ( Keep in mind that most people have families and if there is torrential rain they ARE NOT going to be sitting out in a stadium where most of the stadium is uncovered). Like you can talk when your wonderful bulldogs drew 11 k to that game against the TIGERS, another Sydney team. Regardless of our game being a grandfinal rematch, your crowd was NO BETTER than ours so stop referring back to that one game.
Referring to our game does you no favours. We were running like busteds, on the back of a 5 match losing streak if memory serves, against a team in the mid-low top eight range. The bottom line is you were playing in the GRAND FINAL RE-MATCH. Even allowing for weather, anything under 10k is a bit ridiculous.

You also mention our crowds compared to back at the start of the year? Other than the Storm and Cowboys game, our crowds have actually been quite consistent but then again unless i provide concrete stats ( even then) you'll probably retaliate with the same argument again:

Round 1- 18,293
Round 2- 15,602
Round 5- 15, 122
Round 6- 25,152
Round 8- 31,991
Round 11- 13, 058
Round 13- 7,572
Round 16- 15 ,929
Round 18- 11,117
Round 21- 19, 824
Rounds 11, 13 and 18, what's doing there? I thought Parramatta was the most popular team in Sydney?

So now Timmah im going to reply to all your possible comebacks (which im sure you'll use in your next post) in advance:

TIMMAH COMEBACK NO.

1.- " but you drew 7k to the melbourne game'- My answer: Read My Whole Post again and again AND AGAIN until you fully understand it.

2. " But parra are bandwagoners"- My answer: Good for you and Good for you in going to every bulldogs game 'within reason' ( apparently a prediction of torrential rain is NOT within reason of not attending). And if your bulldogs are so loyal to their team even when their losing how did you manage to get a crowd of 10k last weekend? Oh that's right Timmah, but i thought all of your fans went to the games whenever their team lost and supported them through and through? I think not. It happens in every single friken team.

3. But Bulldogs are so fully sick- My answer: No Timmah, they are not. They are absolutely crap.

Thanks for your time.
1. I have read it and I think it's baloney. The fact that a game between a crap team like Canterbury and the Tigers who were very indifferent at the time can draw 4,000 more is laughable on the Eels part and I would imagine the club and Parramatta Stadium Trust were both embarrassed by it, regardless of circumstance. It was a match that should've been promoted far more than it was.

2. Yes, there is a significant quota of Eels fans who fit the bandwagoner category. Couldn't give two sh*ts when they're playing like rubbish and suddenly pack the ground at the end of the year. That's great... but why isn't the club hounding them like wild animals to become members - doing everything they can to retain that support? As for your assertions about our club - despite the crowd of 10116 against Canberra last week, we remain the highest drawing club in Sydney this year whilst sitting in 13th position. And chances are we'll get a pretty decent crowd to our final home game.

3. :lol: What a pissweak attempt at having a go at me - The Bulldogs aren't so fully sick and yes they have been crap this year. I'll still proudly support them for the rest of my life - will you care about Parramatta after a few sh*t seasons?

sarahk

Juniors
Really? Out of all the games you played this year, when one looked at the draw, it was one of at least 2-3 games earmarked as "must sell out". It didn't.

Timmah, i didn't say it shouldn't sell out. I was one of the 7k that went to the game and honestly ANYONE that missed out really missed out because it was a great game. But stop using this event as your only argument against our fans as it is a stupid example. If we sold out vs Dragons Roosters Tigers we WOULD have sold out vs Melbourne but unfortunately the circumstances were different. I am not going to keep repeating myself due to your lack of comprehension skills.

Referring to our game does you no favours. We were running like busteds, on the back of a 5 match losing streak if memory serves, against a team in the mid-low top eight range. The bottom line is you were playing in the GRAND FINAL RE-MATCH. Even allowing for weather, anything under 10k is a bit ridiculous.

Are you going to keep repeating your only point in your non existent argument over and over again?

Rounds 11, 13 and 18, what's doing there? I thought Parramatta was the most popular team in Sydney?
I never said we were the most popular team in sydney. I'll admit to us being one of the more popular but i know we're clearly not 1st in that department. So now you're making up quotes as you go? On the other hand, you did say Bulldogs are the highest drawing club so whats the go with Round 13 and Round 23 for you guys huh? Just following your sequence of arguments Timmah.

1. I have read it and I think it's baloney. The fact that a game between a crap team like Canterbury and the Tigers who were very indifferent at the time can draw 4,000 more is laughable on the Eels part and I would imagine the club and Parramatta Stadium Trust were both embarrassed by it, regardless of circumstance. It was a match that should've been promoted far more than it was.

2. Yes, there is a significant quota of Eels fans who fit the bandwagoner category. Couldn't give two sh*ts when they're playing like rubbish and suddenly pack the ground at the end of the year. That's great... but why isn't the club hounding them like wild animals to become members - doing everything they can to retain that support? As for your assertions about our club - despite the crowd of 10116 against Canberra last week, we remain the highest drawing club in Sydney this year whilst sitting in 13th position. And chances are we'll get a pretty decent crowd to our final home game.

Umm suddenly pack the ground at the end of the year? Timmah didnt you just sayy in your previous post that we hold on let me quote you " I think i am entitled to mount the bandwagon argument, and the figures for your club has ealier this year compared compared to now speak for themselves'. So what are you arguing? That we had little crowds before and large crowds now? Or that We had large crowds before and little crowds now? Do you always contradict yourself when you speak? Anyway my asnwer to that is look at the Crowds i posted above, it quite clearly defeats either one of your arguments as im unsure which one you are standing behind.

3. :lol: What a pissweak attempt at having a go at me - The Bulldogs aren't so fully sick and yes they have been crap this year. I'll still proudly support them for the rest of my life - will you care about Parramatta after a few sh*t seasons?

Guess what Timmah, Parra have had plenty of sh*t seasons and IM still here supporting them and arguing with some pompous keyboard warrior for some reason which im sure only GOD KNOWS WHY. Im as loyal as you can get. Just because you're probably more than twice my age DOES NOT make you a more loyal supporter.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Umm suddenly pack the ground at the end of the year?

Yes. Apart from v Roosters or v Tigers, when are the other times the ground was packed as I said or "sold out" if you want the more accurate term? Your club gets rattled down for these things because fans of your club led the charge in the paper last year whinging that they were locked out of Kogarah for two consecutive weeks due to limited capacity. These same fans would've likely forgotten who the Eels were in early-mid 2010.

Guess what Timmah, Parra have had plenty of sh*t seasons and IM still here supporting them and arguing with some pompous keyboard warrior for some reason which im sure only GOD KNOWS WHY. Im as loyal as you can get. Just because you're probably more than twice my age DOES NOT make you a more loyal supporter.

If it bothers you, walk away, be the better person and don't argue with the "pompous keyboard warrior". No skin off my nose.

And unless you're under 12 (in which case you shouldn't be on here), I doubt I'm twice your age.

And when exactly did I state I was more loyal than you?

bazza

Immortal
Round 1- 18,293
Round 2- 15,602
Round 5- 15, 122
Round 6- 25,152
Round 8- 31,991
Round 11- 13, 058
Round 13- 7,572
Round 16- 15 ,929
Round 18- 11,117
Round 21- 19, 824

Parra's crowds seem pretty consitent this year with most over 15k
The poor crowds were round 13 v Melbourne was rain affected and round 11 v Cowboys was a Monday night

They have also been involved in some good away game crowds for Penrith and Canterbury

sarahk

Juniors
Yes. Apart from v Roosters or v Tigers, when are the other times the ground was packed as I said or "sold out" if you want the more accurate term? Your club gets rattled down for these things because fans of your club led the charge in the paper last year whinging that they were locked out of Kogarah for two consecutive weeks due to limited capacity. These same fans would've likely forgotten who the Eels were in early-mid 2010.

Our fans were whinging that they couldn't attend a game that was sold out. That's a pretty normal thing to be complaining about. I dont see what that has to do with fans not attending games this year?

The ONLY person rattling our club about these things is in fact you. Im yet to hear anyone else whinging about our crowds other than yourself Timmah. From where i stand, we've actually had fairly decent crowd figures this year. There is room for improvement, but thats with every NRL team not just us.

If it bothers you, walk away, be the better person and don't argue with the "pompous keyboard warrior". No skin off my nose.

And unless you're under 12 (in which case you shouldn't be on here), I doubt I'm twice your age.

And when exactly did I state I was more loyal than you?

Timmah, you sit there and preach how you're so loyal, how you attend games, etc etc and turn around and question whether after enduring a few sh*t seasons i would support my team. So im only giving you my answer to something you've implied.

I don't even know why i argue with you as i feel this deep and meaningful we've just had has gone around in the biggest circle and i don't think we'll ever agree with each other. WHy don't we save ourselves a few more essays and just end the discussion here.

Timmah

Staff member
Our fans were whinging that they couldn't attend a game that was sold out. That's a pretty normal thing to be complaining about. I dont see what that has to do with fans not attending games this year?

The ONLY person rattling our club about these things is in fact you. Im yet to hear anyone else whinging about our crowds other than yourself Timmah. From where i stand, we've actually had fairly decent crowd figures this year. There is room for improvement, but thats with every NRL team not just us.
I know plenty of Saints fans who found it hard to swallow Eels fans whinging about being locked out then not even filling their own ground with a similar capacity the next season. A bit weak. Other than that you're right, all NRL clubs do need to improve.

Timmah, you sit there and preach how you're so loyal, how you attend games, etc etc and turn around and question whether after enduring a few sh*t seasons i would support my team. So im only giving you my answer to something you've implied.

I don't even know why i argue with you as i feel this deep and meaningful we've just had has gone around in the biggest circle and i don't think we'll ever agree with each other. WHy don't we save ourselves a few more essays and just end the discussion here.
Implied? :-k I said anything directed solely at you about your loyalty to your club, I've only made general remarks about Parramatta in my "essays".

You're right though, we're unlikely to agree with each other because you support the Eels and I don't like your club (as I'm sure you don't mine). That said, I'll continue responding because it's actually quite fun. The more I respond, the more riled up you get... so I'll keep doing it.

It's called sh*tstirring :p

sarahk

Juniors
That said, I'll continue responding because it's actually quite fun. The more I respond, the more riled up you get... so I'll keep doing it.

It's called sh*tstirring :p

Timmah, don't give yourself that much credit. You have less of an effect on me than you think.

It's called im bored at work ;)

Timmah

Staff member
I don't for a minute think I have an "effect" on you. But you must enjoy the banter otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back for more :cool:

sarahk

Juniors
I don't for a minute think I have an "effect" on you. But you must enjoy the banter otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back for more :cool:

Thinking you stir me up is the same as thinking you have an effect on me ;) Just thought i'd clarify. So yes, you do think you have an effect on me.

As for the second part, likewise ;)

yakstorm

First Grade
16,668 at Newcastle tonight...

Now whilst that is a great crowd considering where Newcastle is on the ladder and the fact that there is a strong chance the Knights are playing for nothing (yes they are a mathematical chance for the top 8)... I still don't get how there was only 3,000 more there tonight than their Monday night football match against Manly... the venue looked closer to 18K

Anyway, any crowd from Penrith?

Timmah

Staff member
I don't necessarily agree with Apey, I think it was 16k, but lol @ derisively calling someone who attends EAS regularly an "expert". If he doesn't think it was he's got a decent idea.

It looked okay on TV but it may have looked different at the ground itself.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Penrith's a worry. 13,000 odd average for a team 2nd on the ladder. What is the problem? I hope they don't get a home semi based on their attendances.

Latest posts