What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

beave

Coach
PR the crowds on the Gold Coast and up in Nth Qld have to be of concern to the NRL.

Yes you are right about the Cowboys and their poor form probably having an influence. But even taking that in to account I expect bigger crowds then what they are getting.

I swear some of you people have your heads planted firmly up your ass.

fourplay

Juniors
ANZ might be cheap but there are only 10000 for the game tonight.

Nah I was saying that they were expensive too.

ANZ is a terrible stadium and $40 to watch the game there plus extortion parking turns a lot of people away.

Billythekid

First Grade
I swear some of you people have your heads planted firmly up your ass.

It is pretty frustrating when people just gloss over your form like it's barely an issue. If anything the cowboys crowds have been way higher than what they deserved to be considering the teams form.

How many other teams would be avergaing that much after so many years of crap form and currently battling it out for a wooden spoon?

AuDragon

Juniors
I am not going to argue this point, never have, but in defence of the crowd have you seen the Titans ticket prices?

$50+ for an adult on halfway and $35+ for a child. Add to that the public transport, some chips and coke and you have $100+ for a father/son to attend a footy match. Their memberships are a couple of hundred more than the Broncos for equivalent seating.

Next year the Suns will have tickets and memberships for less than half the Titans and they have a massive car park being built next to their new bouquet stadium saving the hassle of buses or trains.

Everyone is saying 2nd Brisbane/Ipswich. Maybe the Titans need to hold their own over the next few years first.
Public transport is included in the ticket prices for any game in SEQ. And there are always extra and exclusive services to the game. That car park is not going to have anywhere near the impact some people are saying.

Having said that, their ticket prices and memberships are indeed a bit towards the exorbitant, but someone has to pay for the centre of excellence...:sarcasm:

I don't think a team in the SEQ Western corridor would impact the Titans franchise, but it would undoubtedly be the "poor parent" in the region...

beave

Coach
It is pretty frustrating when people just gloss over your form like it's barely an issue. If anything the cowboys crowds have been way higher than what they deserved to be considering the teams form.

How many other teams would be avergaing that much after so many years of crap form and currently battling it out for a wooden spoon?

yep, totally agree mate.

People from other areas just don't understand that this team represents the whole region of NQ not just Townsville. Tvl only has a population of about 180k, we rely on the out of towners to really bolster our numbers, why the hell would the people from Mackay, Cairns and Mt Isa want to travel between 4-9 hours respectively to watch this horse sh*t club run around???

There's being a fan, and there's pissing hard earned $$$ away and to be honest the last 3 season we have been doing just that. A one off bad season is understandable, not f**king 3 in a row, the club is lucky to be getting what it's getting to be honest, anywhere else in the league world and they would get getting 6-8k, which to be honest, is about all they friggin deserve.

Bay City

Juniors
Public transport is included in the ticket prices for any game in SEQ. And there are always extra and exclusive services to the game. That car park is not going to have anywhere near the impact some people are saying.

Having said that, their ticket prices and memberships are indeed a bit towards the exorbitant, but someone has to pay for the centre of excellence...:sarcasm:

I don't think a team in the SEQ Western corridor would impact the Titans franchise, but it would undoubtedly be the "poor parent" in the region...

It shouldn't impact the Titans and it's not going to hurt the Broncos either. The challenge will be for the new team not the existing ones.

Still, the population and the passion for league in Brisbane makes too much sense not to have another team.

Which is the strongest Qld cup team? Is their a team in that comp that makes sense (geographically and financially) and with some support already to step up????

yakstorm

First Grade
yep, totally agree mate.

People from other areas just don't understand that this team represents the whole region of NQ not just Townsville. Tvl only has a population of about 180k, we rely on the out of towners to really bolster our numbers, why the hell would the people from Mackay, Cairns and Mt Isa want to travel between 4-9 hours respectively to watch this horse sh*t club run around???

It's a shame that Mackay and Cairns don't have venues with 16K+ capacities, so the Cowboys aren't relying so heavily on the Townsville locals. It would also be a nice way of rewarding those regions for their support if they could get 1-2 premiership matches each.

Just on the Cowboys though, whilst the reliance on people travelling has an effect on the crowds, they are another club that could do with some price drops in some of their categories to make it more appealing for the locals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep, totally agree mate.

There's being a fan, and there's pissing hard earned $$$ away and to be honest the last 3 season we have been doing just that. A one off bad season is understandable, not f**king 3 in a row, the club is lucky to be getting what it's getting to be honest, anywhere else in the league world and they would get getting 6-8k, which to be honest, is about all they friggin deserve.

WC Eagles have stunk all year, bottom of the table wooden spooners, averging 35K!

docbrown

Coach
NRL needs at least 6 teams pulling in full/to close houses.

I think it's heading towards 6 teams pulling 20k again. It's all about memberships.

The teams that have potential to do it -
Broncos - avg 34,300 - could do 40,000 regularly
Bulldogs - avg 22,412 - could do 30,000 + regularly
Titans - avg 17,400 - could do 20,000 + regularly
Storm - avg 15,271 (despite everything) - could do 20,000 + regularly
Knights - avg 13,768 - could do 22,000 + regularly
Cowboys - avg 14,830 - could do 20,000+ regularly
Eels - avg 17,320 - could do 20,000+ regularly
Rabbitohs - avg 17,196 - could do 25,000+ regularly
Dragons - avg 16,900 - could do 21,000 + regularly
Roosters - avg 16,600 - could do 20,000 + regularly
Tigers - avg 17,800 - could do 20,000 + regularly

In fact, all these teams have already done it, proving that the support is there.

If larger games are scheduled for bigger venues and are promoted well and memberships increase, it is possible for the game's average crowds to break 20,000 in a few years. When you take into account games like the Eels v Bulldogs that drew 33,000 should be drawing 50,000 you can see there's enough there to get over the line.

beave

Coach
It's a shame that Mackay and Cairns don't have venues with 16K+ capacities, so the Cowboys aren't relying so heavily on the Townsville locals. It would also be a nice way of rewarding those regions for their support if they could get 1-2 premiership matches each.

Just on the Cowboys though, whilst the reliance on people travelling has an effect on the crowds, they are another club that could do with some price drops in some of their categories to make it more appealing for the locals.

yep, they sure could do with dropping the prices. But I blame the government up here for setting the rent too high. I know they are charging people who use their venues an absolute motza for that luxury. The club still has to make $$ so unfortunately it all gets passed onto us. To be honest, a half competitive football team that looks like they give a sh*t would be the ultimate crowd re-puller. We have had to put up with a pretty sh*thouse team now for 3 years straight. I cannot wait for next season, I am as hardcore cowboys as they come and even I am over watching them at the moment.............. I even went to the Fury game last night instead of staying home and watching the cows game on TV. I have never done anything like that in the 16 years we have been around but I have had a gutful of my team at the moment.

Saint Doc

Coach
There will be thousands of Saints fans down there like last year, The Dragon Army have organised the busloads once again.

But we will still lose to Canberra as usual!

there are three certain things in life: death, taxes and saints losing to Canberra!!

Corresponding game last year got 19k from memory played in almost the same round. This year hopefully on a warm sunny afternoon, rather than a Saturday night, and with the raiders do or die for thier season but on a hot streak nonetheless.

What is capacity these days? Could this be a green machine sellout?

Latest posts