What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The crowd in Canberra was at least 60-40, probably the lowest proportion of Raiders fans at any home game this year but the highest number of their fans as it was their biggest crowd of the season. Hope it makes sense.

MsStorm

Bench
The crowd in Canberra was at least 60-40, probably the lowest proportion of Raiders fans at any home game this year but the highest number of their fans as it was their biggest crowd of the season. Hope it makes sense.

You personally did a crowd count did you:lol: ;-)

But hey wasn't it good to see so many Dragons fans there also.
You guys up north have a great opportunity of getting opposition fans to a lot of games which rarely happens to teams like the Warriors, Storm and the Cowboys.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not a count but it was obvious that there was very large representation of Dragons fans, the point I was trying to make is that it would be the largest amount of away support for the season at Canberra.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I don't understand but support has been good for the Eels and Bulldogs yet there down the ladder but the likes of the Titans,Manly,Penrith and the Warriors being in the top 8 you would think they be getting bigger crowds.

ByRd

First Grade
I think the Bulldogs membership drive has really helped us, another big off season with memberships and a successful year on the filed and i think we can push somewhere closer to that 25k average or so in the next couple of years.

fanatique

Juniors
Not a count but it was obvious that there was very large representation of Dragons fans, the point I was trying to make is that it would be the largest amount of away support for the season at Canberra.

Top 4 Dragons have the biggest away support in the competition. No question. An up and running St George Illawarra raises all boats.

Brutus

Referee
According to the stadium website (http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/media/stadium-information)

The official capacity is 20,741

I think that's why they need to get the capacity up because it's become pretty common for predicted sell-outs or official sell-outs to be 1,000-2,000 down on capacity at that ground. They could have a 27,000 seat stadium where their "sell-outs" would be 25k.

There seems to be a slot of people with tickets at Parra that do not turn up.

bazza

Immortal
I think that's why they need to get the capacity up because it's become pretty common for predicted sell-outs or official sell-outs to be 1,000-2,000 down on capacity at that ground. They could have a 27,000 seat stadium where their "sell-outs" would be 25k.

There seems to be a slot of people with tickets at Parra that do not turn up.

The 2 Sell outs this year were
19,824 v Roosters
19,854 v Tigers

Less than 1000 seats for both

The Round 1 game against Saints had a "sell out" of 18,293 - but I think that was down to a stuff up with releasing tickets due to memberships not being sorted out

ByRd

First Grade
looks like the end stands could be made two tier to get it up to 27K if $'s were available?
What they need to do is get rid of those stupid billboard signs at the ends of the ground and they have the hills still there which can seat people or room to built extra seats. Clubs like Parra and St George really need to play in grounds with capacities around 25-30k not 19-20k as it leaves no room for growth.

Deacon

First Grade
For starters in the short term they could move those stupid advertising boards behing the North and South terraces that would get the capacity over 20k, though im guessing it would probably become an OHS issue

Latest posts