What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

skeepe

Immortal

not a bad crowd for a monday night against an unpopular out of town team

:lol: you must be joking. There's not even half that many there, and seriously that's woeful for a match involving two teams with top 4 aspirations.

Hang your heads in shame Roosters fans.

cleary89

Coach
dragons v manly had 5k more last monday, looked to be more gold coast tonight than manly last week.

cleary89

Coach
dragons v manly had 5k more last monday, looked to be more gold coast tonight than manly last week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
anything under 10K is a disgrace for a sport that wants to lay claim to being the most popular in the country. Watching that game tonight was embarrasing as a RL fan, one can only wonder what a neutral sports fan would have thought of the popularity of our game if they were tuning in for the first time. For all our hopes around membership at the start of the season it has once again been a year blighted by substandard crowds.

A game as our great as ours, played by guys as tough and skillful as our players are deserves full houses and electric atmospheres.

Teddyboy

First Grade
anything under 10K is a disgrace for a sport that wants to lay claim to being the most popular in the country. Watching that game tonight was embarrasing as a RL fan, one can only wonder what a neutral sports fan would have thought of the popularity of our game if they were tuning in for the first time. For all our hopes around membership at the start of the season it has once again been a year blighted by substandard crowds.

A game as our great as ours, played by guys as tough and skillful as our players are deserves full houses and electric atmospheres.

So how can the game get the crowds in.

i was at the raiders game.
awesome crowd. dunno about 60-40
there was probably he same 12k that turn up every week, thrown in the odd few who turn up because its a big game..plus the dragons who draw a crowd.

great day out

Eddie.

Bench
I was at the Chooks game tonight. No one sits on the side of the field that the camera shows. There were about 7-8 on the other sideline and upper decks. Its look terrible on tv but the crowd figure announced was about right.

Perth Red

Post Whore
why don;t they just sell tickets to the main stand opposite the cameras ffs? Same at ANZ. Would be cheaper to steward and food outlets as they could just concentrate on the one stand and would at least look like someone was at the game.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: you must be joking. There's not even half that many there, and seriously that's woeful for a match involving two teams with top 4 aspirations.

Hang your heads in shame Roosters fans.

Rubbish. The announced crowd seemed correct. Much better crowd than I expected on a Monday night against a team that brought about 60 fans.

Sick of the whinging every week by the same people about the same thing. I don't know why people magically expect for crowds to jump massively in 1 year. Embarrassing :lol: stop being a drama queen.

On a side note, Monday night is sh*t for crowds and always will be. This game would have pulled 15k on Sunday.

adamkungl

Immortal
why don;t they just sell tickets to the main stand opposite the cameras ffs? Same at ANZ. Would be cheaper to steward and food outlets as they could just concentrate on the one stand and would at least look like someone was at the game.

Who gives a sh*t? Maybe I don't want to sit on that side. I like my seat.

Why don't you people actually watch the game on TV instead of the crowd?

Perth Red

Post Whore
game was great, atmosphere was 5h1t. A full stadium and massive atmosphere presents a far far more attractive picture of RL. I understand your a Roosters fan so don't really understand that but for the rest of, us yes we do get embarrased by 80% empty stadiums and sub 10k crowds for the best game around.

1 year? How long has the game been going for? Crowds have hardly changed in a decade.

MsStorm

Bench
game was great, atmosphere was 5h1t. A full stadium and massive atmosphere presents a far far more attractive picture of RL.

I think the NRL should somehow address this issue, that is if they cared about the game!

Maybe offer 1/2 priced tickets for that empty side of the stadium???
Just do something, it really looks dreadful on tv.

adamkungl

Immortal
game was great, atmosphere was 5h1t.

Atmosphere was fine at the game. Well, until Roosters losing became inevitable :(

1 year? How long has the game been going for? Crowds have hardly changed in a decade.

Yeah but they aren't going to suddenly jump by thousands in one year. Next year we probably will still have a few sub 10,000 crowds - hopefully less, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will happen. It's inevitable when you have a Sydney club with low memberships v an interstate club with no local fans on a Monday night.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Average crowds in the past decade:

2000: 14,366
2001: 13,256
2002: 13,084
2003: 14,469
2004: 14,671
2005: 16,468
2006: 15,600
2007: 15,750
2008: 15,591
2009: 16,065
2010: 16,236

Thanks for proving my point. I don't consider an avg increase of 190 people a year particularly brilliant, especially when there has been a statistically insignificant rise in the last 5 years.

I understand that we need Monday nights for TV $'s but the NRL has to understand that empty stadiums look terrible for the game and do something proactive about helping clubs get people there. How about subsidising so all tickets to Monday night games are $10? Or maybe kids free? or maybe families for $20? Or maybe if you are a ticketed member of any club you get in free? They could set a price that make Monday nights attractive options for fans and work out a way of subsidising any shortfall with the clubs.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Next week should be OK

Souths v Parra - 15k
Warriors v Broncos - 18k (last home game)
Sharks v Titans - 10k (last home game)
Knights v Dragons - 21k (Old Boys day, big away support)
Raiders v Cowboys - 15/16k (In form Raiders, last home game and everything to play for)
Tigers v Storm - 18K
Roosters v Manly - 16k
Bulldogs v Panthers - 15k (Very cheap tickets on offer and all NRL members in for free)

TheDalek079

Bench
what's with the Rooster bashing. it was a monday night game FFS.....most monday nighters draw poor crowds. Prior to that, our home games were quite good. Dragons 37k, Bullscum 17k, Bunnies 18k, Warriors 20k.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
what's with the Rooster bashing. it was a monday night game FFS.....most monday nighters draw poor crowds. Prior to that, our home games were quite good. Dragons 37k, Bullscum 17k, Bunnies 18k, Warriors 20k.

To be fair Dragons, Dogs and Bunnies had strong away support at the ground.

LOL for bringing up the Warriors game :D

Latest posts