What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sensational news in NZ, Newcastle and Leichhardt. Newcastle got around 22k IIRC in Round 26 last year, for those wanting to know about current capacity.

Dogs have promoted Monday's game fairly well and the crowd could be a good one for a Monday Night.

NZ v Brisbane - 18k
Soufs/Pawwaa - 16k
Sharks/Titans - 13k
Newie/Saints - 21k (if they fit)
Canb/NthQld - 11k
Tigers/Storm - 20k
Syd/Manly - 17k
Dogs/Penrith - 18k

Total: 134k
Avg: 16750

can't see us breaking 20k, probably low 19s at best, 17k at LO is packed, they'd probably shut the gates before we get to 20k.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Could this scenario happen....

NZ v Brisbane - 20k+
Soufs/Pawwaa - 20k+
Newie/Saints - 20k+
Tigers/Storm - 20k+
Syd/Manly - 20k+
Dogs/Penrith - 20k+

NO

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Souths/Parra and Roosters/Manly sadly make that scenario impossible unless something radical happens in the next few days.

Smiley

Bench
Apparently Mt. Smart have installed a temporary north stand holding 4,500 people in preparation for U2 that will also be open for the warriors tomorrow night.

adamkungl

Immortal
Souths/Parra and Roosters/Manly sadly make that scenario impossible unless something radical happens in the next few days.

Both of those should draw 18-22k... Souffs have 100000000000 members remember? And Roosters v Manly on a Sunday usually pulls a good crowd

Brutus

Referee
Rnd 14: Monday night 8/7/96 Roosters v Brisbane: crowd 35,075

Rnd 16: Monday night 22/7/96 Roosters v Manly: crowd 37,981

Now, I know a 'buy a Big Mac and get a free footy ticket' offer was available for these two Monday night fixtures, but I highly doubt these type of Monday night footy crowds would be possible for the Roosters again, even with a similar Maccas offer in place.

Was it just because MNF was a new fad at the time? These crowds stick out like dogs balls. Did anyone on this forum go to either of these games? Was the crowd packed with Roosters fans or just people wanting to go out on a Monday night?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That isn't a question. And your passive-aggressive anti-NRL comments every week are really boring.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
stunningly miserable day in auckland. even if we do shift all of the warriors tickets i think some people may decide to give it a miss.

also, when the game is on tonight, don't be fooled by what i'm expecting to be an empty stand on the northern hill. it's not finished or for sale, as i understand.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
ah, cheers. i'd been trying to see if it was accessible during news items on the warriors during the week.

for the knights game the seats were all suspended about 6 metres above head height with no way to get in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If anybody needs a decent modern European style roofed stadium it is Auckland. I admire there fans for sitting in ponchos every week!