What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It is a great relief there will be a Lang Park Prelim. If Penrith were to host one it would have been diabolical.

abpanther

Staff member
It sure seemed like there was more than 16k at the game, although one side of the hill was pretty bare

Jono1987

Juniors
33k at the SFS is really poor. I mean please. I suppose it was a big 'f**k you' to all those fair weather fans that decided not to attend.

Penrith crowd expected.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
wait till the TV ratings come out... yawnion people wait all year to go to bledi slow.

They were 2 off the best RL games of the year, I think we just have to be comfortable that our fans love to sit at home and watch the games.

Teddyboy

First Grade
wait till the TV ratings come out... yawnion people wait all year to go to bledi slow.

They were 2 off the best RL games of the year, I think we just have to be comfortable that our fans love to sit at home and watch the games.

At least Gold Coast and Saints have/will the good crowds flag flying.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Says who? You Sydney folk don't know how good you've got it - the opportunity to attend these wonderful spectacles. But it's too much of a hassle to jump on a train for an hour.

When going to a first grade footy match means you've got to spend around a grand, fly for a few hours and arrange accomodation, you might start to appreciate it.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
2 cracking games and well chuffed with the Roosters result. Couldn't get to the game but will definitly be there next week. Honestly thought it looked like more than 33k on tv but there you go. If the Dragons win 2moro it should be;

Roosters V Penrith SFS
AND
Canberra V Tigers

Correct??

On another note, good to see the NRL advertising 2011 memberships already, it was flashing around the pitchside boards a few times

Correct me if I am wrong about the SFS but aren't the two top tier stands on the Eastern and Western grandstand not available to the general public? The Western grandstand level 2 is for the SCG membership and the Eastern grandstand is corporate isn't it?

The Eastern, Western and Northern stands were atleast 3/4 full and so was the SCG members with the Southern end being about half full and I have no idea about the the level 2 on the East because I sat on the East but I'm guessing that is where the missing persons were. The Eastern grandstand felt like it was near capacity and the West looked similar, I thought easily 38,000 but was surprised at 33,000.

BIKER DRAGON

Juniors
Good crowd for the Roosters tho...They usually only get a 1 legged old lady a boy scout and an escaped nutter in a donkey suit that thinks he is a chook to most games.

MsStorm

Bench
33k at the SFS is really poor. I mean please. I suppose it was a big 'f**k you' to all those fair weather fans that decided not to attend.

Penrith crowd expected.

Agreed especially on the SFS crowd. 2 Sydney teams for a final and all that.
Were tickets expensive?

Timbo

Staff member
Correct me if I am wrong about the SFS but aren't the two top tier stands on the Eastern and Western grandstand not available to the general public? The Western grandstand level 2 is for the SCG membership and the Eastern grandstand is corporate isn't it?

The Eastern, Western and Northern stands were atleast 3/4 full and so was the SCG members with the Southern end being about half full and I have no idea about the the level 2 on the East because I sat on the East but I'm guessing that is where the missing persons were. The Eastern grandstand felt like it was near capacity and the West looked similar, I thought easily 38,000 but was surprised at 33,000.

Half is, the other half is general admission.

Be interesting to see what we pull next Friday night at Bruce. Here's hoping for 25,000.

Jono1987

Juniors
lol...how many going to the dragons game?

Wasn't the point I was trying to make. Are you honestly happy with 33k? Had it been Dragons v Roosters/Tigers and 33k turned up I would have been really disappointed.

To answer your question, 18k to 18.5k will be at Kogarah tomorrow. If the ground restrictions were not in place, 20k would be there.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Looking at the past QF's of the past 7 years it seems 33000 is a very good number don't you think.

abpanther

Staff member
Oh and a huge congrats to Raiders fans last night, there were heaps of them at CUA, around 5,000 I reckon, awesome effort

dragondad

First Grade
Next week will be either canberra v tigers or saints, and both Sydney clubs get huge support down there and should sell it out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra crowd will depend. If it's vs Tigers it will probably be 18k or so.

If it's vs Saints = house full sign.