What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Teddyboy

First Grade
I don't think why we are bagging off the 2 Sydney crowds as looking at past crowds these were pretty good/ok.We all might still be in fear of the recession alongside wall to wall tv coverage as well as another Rugby code had 70000 at ANZ.
Just sad NZ Warriors are out as i would loved to seen another 25000-29000 or even bigger crowd at Eden Park.I think New Zealand f**k up because they have to travel so much.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I just don't get this forum. The crowds of 33K and 27K are the 2nd and 3rd biggest qualifying finals since the system came in. The only bigger crowd was at Lang about 5 years ago.

Penrith & the SFS capacity crowds combined is still less the 70,000.

Roosters have NO supporters... It was 75-25 Tiger's! Penrith have 12k supporters (Including bandwagon), Canberra had atleast 4K of support out there (Minimum), disgrace Penrith & Roosters supporters!

rubbish

NRLMad

Juniors
I think that by having the games live on TV it deflects form the crowd considerably.. people would be doing nthe BBQ with mates...

Penrith & the SFS capacity crowds combined is still less the 70,000.

Roosters have NO supporters... It was 75-25 Tiger's! Penrith have 12k supporters (Including bandwagon), Canberra had atleast 4K of support out there (Minimum), disgrace Penrith & Roosters supporters!

If that....

We did them the favour of playing the game at their home ground and they didn't bother turning up. A team as good as the Roosters deserves more support.

adamkungl

Immortal
I just don't get this forum. The crowds of 33K and 27K are the 2nd and 3rd biggest qualifying finals since the system came in. The only bigger crowd was at Lang about 5 years ago.

Exactly, week 1 finals never draw a huge crowd...

Next week however is the Roosters first home elimination final since 2004. Anything less than 35k would be woeful.

edit: judging by other people's predictions, 35k may be overly optomistic :lol:

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
70,288 at the Bledisloe Cup

Thats a great crowd considering the Wallabies are one of the all time worst sports team

No it isn't.

That is rugby union's biggest game in Australia for the year bar none.

There were 25,000 tickets still available less than a week ago. Plenty of cheapies were virtually thrown away.

How can the Wannabies be an all-time worst sports team when they are currently ranked 2 in the world? Doesn't say much for the standard of international union then.

Brutus

Referee
Roosters v Penrith at the SFS if all goes according to plan today.

For that game I would predict 27k

If Manly upsets the Dragons then that would set up Manly v Penrith at the SFS on a Friday night. Would struggle to pull 20k.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Lot of negativity about the crowd at SFS but like others said its pretty good compared to the all time crowds for that round.

We have to remember that NRL doesn't bombard the FTA channels with adverts for tickets as the desperate Swans and ARU do for most games. If they did i imagine it would probably engage a few thousand more "floating fans" to games, esecially those at modern stadia like the SFS.

25K sounds about right for Roosters V Penrith but would be good to see it push 30K

If that....

We did them the favour of playing the game at their home ground and they didn't bother turning up. A team as good as the Roosters deserves more support.

We had TWO dedicated sections at the ground bay 36-38 and I think bay 11-12 which were completely full the Tigers had a lot more designated bays than we did. What more do you want from us?

docbrown

Coach

I think there was a game in Auckland that got about 28 or 29k a few years ago and the Storm had one that got 31k before that. Titans last year got slightly higher too.

So they're probably the 2nd and 6th biggest Week 1 finals since 1998 out of about 48 or so Week 1matches played - so an improvement and good in that context.

But - finals games involving two Sydney teams really should sell-out and so should a 20,000 capacity Penrith stadium.

If the Week 3 preliminary final involves two Sydney teams, then it should be played at ANZ.

Hopefully Queenslanders get behind the Titans and sell out Lang Park - if they do, the NRL stands a really good chance of getting the 2nd highest attended finals series of all time - behind last year's (boosted by the Eels/Dogs game).

ByRd

First Grade
lol at the dragons, that is a pathetic effort considering the ground only holds like 18k

Latest posts