What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Perth Red

Post Whore
How can it be a great view when you are miles from the action and the stands are not that steeped? It looks like an English ground from the 1970's (without roofing).

Last edited:

18to87

Coach
At 10am last Monday, Ticketek had Cat 1 as sold out, Cat 2 limited seats.
They then released more tickets at 10am Wednesday after people who couldn't get Cat 1 on Monday had bought other tickets or lost interest and made other arrangements.

People that lined up at Ticketek agencies from 4 and 5am didn't get Cat 1 seats being 2nd in line on Monday morning, and that is the biggest issue as to why the game didn't sell out.

Next match, V Raiders @ SFS will exceed 30K and against Tigers @ ANZ I reckon we can give the Dogs / Eels crowd a shake from last season.

15K was NOT a good result today, but agree with DR that the hill was packed and felt to be larger than against Souths the week before.

On Monday we were told at Ticketek that only tickets on the hill were available so thats what we got even though its not what we wanted.

Whatever they are doing needs to be fixed.

bmwpower

Juniors
no way there was 15.5 k at todays game. i went last sunday when the crowd was 18000 and todays crowd looked much bigger

If Kogarah is soooo awesome and the Dragons have sooooo many supporters why wasn't it packed today? All the Dragons fans have are petty excuses

Me thinks
a) Kogarah is just a regular suburban ground which could never compare to modern all-seater stadia and
b) the huge amount of supporters they claim to have are just mostly fat whiny 30 something losers sitting behind their computers all day on message boards professing how much "support" they have for their "team"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Again, a Raiders fan having a go at any other clubs' crowds?

:lol:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
If Kogarah is soooo awesome and the Dragons have sooooo many supporters why wasn't it packed today? All the Dragons fans have are petty excuses
Have you just blatantly ignored everything that was said in the last page?

I started it by saying that the crowd looked bigger than it was last week, when the reported figure was 18,274.

Everyone else has come on and agreed, saying that it looked full.

The only place where I could see spare seats (as in, more than just 1 or 2 seats where people may not have turned up etc) as in Bay B/C of the Northern Terrace, where there was about 3 rows of seats that were pretty much empty .. I can only assume they were never sold.

Apart from that, everywhere else around the ground was packed .... even behind the Jubilee Avenue goalposts where they have all those flagpoles was full of people standing multiple rows deep.

As I mentioned above, I strongly believe that something was counted wrong - perhaps the turnstyles at one of the gates wasn't functioning properly.

In recent seasons I have been at Kogarah when crowds have been anywhere from 9,000 (a couple of years ago against Parramatta in some of the worst weather conditions seen in recent times) to 15,000 and ranging all the way up to 20k+ against Cronulla in Round 3 last year.

By way of simple comparison, today's crowd looked comfortably bigger than last weekend's against Souths (18,274) due to the reasons I mentioned in the earlier post, and it actually looked quite similar to the crowd we had against Cronulla in R3, 2009 (20,047).

Timmah

Staff member
The only place where there was obvious gaps were the green patches of grass visible near the Manly fans area on the hill.

Aside from that the whole place, seating and standing, was packed. 15.5k stuns me.

18to87

Coach
Have you just blatantly ignored everything that was said in the last page?

I started it by saying that the crowd looked bigger than it was last week, when the reported figure was 18,274.

Everyone else has come on and agreed, saying that it looked full.

The only place where I could see spare seats (as in, more than just 1 or 2 seats where people may not have turned up etc) as in Bay B/C of the Northern Terrace, where there was about 3 rows of seats that were pretty much empty .. I can only assume they were never sold.

Apart from that, everywhere else around the ground was packed .... even behind the Jubilee Avenue goalposts where they have all those flagpoles was full of people standing multiple rows deep.

As I mentioned above, I strongly believe that something was counted wrong - perhaps the turnstyles at one of the gates wasn't functioning properly.

In recent seasons I have been at Kogarah when crowds have been anywhere from 9,000 (a couple of years ago against Parramatta in some of the worst weather conditions seen in recent times) to 15,000 and ranging all the way up to 20k+ against Cronulla in Round 3 last year.

By way of simple comparison, today's crowd looked comfortably bigger than last weekend's against Souths (18,274) due to the reasons I mentioned in the earlier post, and it actually looked quite similar to the crowd we had against Cronulla in R3, 2009 (20,047).

THIS. It has to be a mistake.

It wasn't exactly "standing room only" but there was no empty seats or areas at all except for the few rows mentioned above.,

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
you would have thought if they were going to under-report a crowd, it would have been last weeks.

Serc

First Grade
Just on the 'poor Manly turnout'...was there some noise made last year when Saints played Parra at Kogarah with the "Parra fans locked out" headlines? I remember something like this anyway, and it was due to season ticket holders, members...etc etc wasn't it...and would that have happened again today?

Timmah

Staff member
On the contrary, I think Manly fans for the most part don't travel.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Just on the 'poor Manly turnout'...was there some noise made last year when Saints played Parra at Kogarah with the "Parra fans locked out" headlines? I remember something like this anyway, and it was due to season ticket holders, members...etc etc wasn't it...and would that have happened again today?

No! The match was not officially sold out. Tickets were available on Ticketek at 1pm yesterday.

Last year, the story was a beat up, and this year he attempted it a fortnight back on a hunch that 50uths would be playing in that game yesterday - it failed then too!

Teddyboy

First Grade
No! The match was not officially sold out. Tickets were available on Ticketek at 1pm yesterday.

Last year, the story was a beat up, and this year he attempted it a fortnight back on a hunch that 50uths would be playing in that game yesterday - it failed then too!

I look at life in a doom and gloom way but i think the fans on the forum and the press f**ked it up.Iam looking at the SFS and St.merge game as a success plus you have got the TV ratings to shove the finger.

Rocket

Juniors

I was at Kogarah the past two weeks and it was just as packed yesterday as it was last Sunday. Somebody has stuffed up the count.

I also go to most Raiders home games and I wouldn't be bagging another team for their lack of crowd numbers. How about the piss poor crowd at Canberra Stadium for the Saturday night match against the Cowboys?

Last home match for the year, team on a roll, needing to win to make the finals and you get 11k? If there aren't 25k+ this Friday night it will be a disgrace.

Although it was good see a great showing by the Raider's fans at Penriff on Saturday night. They were seriously loud and you could tell the players were really lifted by their support.

lturner

Juniors
I was at Kogarah the past two weeks and it was just as packed yesterday as it was last Sunday. Somebody has stuffed up the count.

Who gets the gate receipts from the match? It goes to the NRL not the club doesn't it?

You would think the count would have to be accurate if this was the case.

Unless.............

ouwet

Bench

Me thinks
a) Kogarah is just a regular suburban ground which could never compare to modern all-seater stadia and
b) the huge amount of supporters they claim to have are just mostly fat whiny 30 something losers sitting behind their computers all day on message boards professing how much "support" they have for their "team"

The people have spoken... These suburban grounds are a plague on RL in Sydney, it's holding back the code! People want to watch the Football in comfort! Families want to watch the Football in a seat! People don't want to wait for half a game to buy some food and drinks... People don't want to go to those stadiums in the rain!

To appease a clear minority of "Fanatics" who "love" the hill, we have to put up with crowds of 15K & 16K at Semi-Finals... We have to put up with tens of thousands of people being locked out of regular season games and final matches! We have to put up with sub 10K crowds during the rain... The sooner the NRL grow some balls and make every team in Sydney play at Marquee stadiums the better! If teams cannot generate support at those stadiums (Manly, Cronulla, Penrith etc) then, the question has to be asked... Why are they in the comp?

Latest posts