What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was at Kogarah the past two weeks and it was just as packed yesterday as it was last Sunday. Somebody has stuffed up the count.
I couldn't believe it when I saw that crowd figure. It was standing room only on the hill. Hardly an empty seat in the stands. I tipped 19,000+ and I go to every game so I'm usually close to the mark. It was definitely bigger than the previous week of 18,000+.

In any case, there's no pleasing people. If they couldn't get in they whinge that it should have been moved to another venue. If they can get in they whinge that it should be moved to a differnt venue. Whingers do have a special talent when it comes to hypocrisy.

Brutus

Referee
I could see green patches on the hill in the telecast and the very top of the hill wasn't chockers with people standing up.

I was not surprised at all by the eventual crowd figure. For some reason a ground like Leichhardt can sell-out, but Kogarah can't.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Brutus, your hatred of Kogarah and the Dragons is bordering on insanity.

Tell me, can you pinpoint the exact moment when this obsession took hold?

Brutus

Referee
Brutus, your hatred of Kogarah and the Dragons is bordering on insanity.

Tell me, can you pinpoint the exact moment when this obsession took hold?

When they started playing big games at Kogarah that had the potential to draw bigger crowds at bigger venues. Kogarah should cop the Storm, Cowboys, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Panthers type games. Dragons matches against teams like the Dogs, Eels and Chooks should be taken to the bigger venues. The current Wests Tigers ground split would suit the Dragons down to the ground. 4 SFS, 4 Kogarah, 4 Wollongong.

I actually like the Dragons and want them to win the comp. I'd also like them to realise their crowd-pulling potential.

Rocket

Juniors
For some reason a ground like Leichhardt can sell-out, but Kogarah can't.

Well, we'll never know for the 2010 finals campaign :)

Seriously "green patches on TV" as a way of determining the crowd? Even the Manly fans behind me commented on how full the ground looked and couldn't believe the official crowd number. So it just isn't Dragons fans talking up the numbers ...

ouwet

Bench
I couldn't believe it when I saw that crowd figure. It was standing room only on the hill. Hardly an empty seat in the stands. I tipped 19,000+ and I go to every game so I'm usually close to the mark. It was definitely bigger than the previous week of 18,000+.

In any case, there's no pleasing people. If they couldn't get in they whinge that it should have been moved to another venue. If they can get in they whinge that it should be moved to a differnt venue. Whingers do have a special talent when it comes to hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, mate watch the game on TV... It clearly wasn't packed to capacity!

bobmar28

Bench
The people have spoken... These suburban grounds are a plague on RL in Sydney, it's holding back the code! People want to watch the Football in comfort! Families want to watch the Football in a seat! People don't want to wait for half a game to buy some food and drinks... People don't want to go to those stadiums in the rain!

To appease a clear minority of "Fanatics" who "love" the hill, we have to put up with crowds of 15K & 16K at Semi-Finals... We have to put up with tens of thousands of people being locked out of regular season games and final matches! We have to put up with sub 10K crowds during the rain... The sooner the NRL grow some balls and make every team in Sydney play at Marquee stadiums the better! If teams cannot generate support at those stadiums (Manly, Cronulla, Penrith etc) then, the question has to be asked... Why are they in the comp?

There should be no more finals played in front of a crowd standing on a hill. All seater 25k stadiums or go to SFS/ANZ.

Saint Doc

Coach
When they started playing big games at Kogarah that had the potential to draw bigger crowds at bigger venues. Kogarah should cop the Storm, Cowboys, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Panthers type games. Dragons matches against teams like the Dogs, Eels and Chooks should be taken to the bigger venues. The current Wests Tigers ground split would suit the Dragons down to the ground. 4 SFS, 4 Kogarah, 4 Wollongong.

I actually like the Dragons and want them to win the comp. I'd also like them to realise their crowd-pulling potential.

Mate I tend to agree with you in some respects, but the tricky part for us is that wollongong is not Sydney. And we agreed on a 50:50 split. Which means the sfs games would have to come out of the kogarah allocation and us fans fought long and hard for kogarah.

Also there is a good reason why we have more members than Canterbury and the tigers...we have a limited capacity which encourages people to guarrantee their seat!

phonetic

Juniors
It wasn't packed. It was more comfortable than last week vs Souths and other big games.

Best atmosphere I've experienced at Kogarah in a long long time though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The only green patches were a few small areas near where the Manly supporters were standing and the family hill end. The rest of the hill was at capacity and there were only 1 or 2 seats per bay IF THAT which were obviously empty. There is simply no way there was only 15.5k.

dragondad

First Grade
The were small patches on the southern hill,but looked about the same as the Souths game last week.

I thought at the very least it would be 17+

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unfortunately, mate watch the game on TV... It clearly wasn't packed to capacity!
I didn't say it was packed to capacity.

It's a free world ouwet and you make any judgment you like based on what you see on TV. But I was at the game. I go to all the games at Kogarah and with respect, if you go to every game you tend to get a handle on crowd figures at the ground. So I'll make my own judgment.

If that was 15,000, I'd like to know where they could fit in another 3,000. Definitely something wrong with the figure.

morley101

Juniors
I thought it was 36,000 - 37,000 at the SFS on Saturday night. I couldn't see how they would've fit another 12,000

Perth Red

Post Whore
so are the dragons fiddling the tax man if they are announcing lower gates than they are taking income on?

adamkungl

Immortal
I thought it was 36,000 - 37,000 at the SFS on Saturday night. I couldn't see how they would've fit another 12,000

Corporate sections were pretty empty.

Eastern and Western lower stands were close to full. Northern and Southern stands were about half full. Western upper tier was mostly full. Eastern upper tier was mostly empty.

bmwpower

Juniors
:lol: Loving how people consider their own head counts more accurate that the official NRL figure

because when you go to a game at kogarah when there is 15.5k, you tend to know how the crowd looks like, last night was larger then last sunday which pulled 18.2k.

raiders premiers, your just a farkwit.

Of course, I'm sure you guys all tend to know more than the official figures. You'd also all be so much more reliable and non-bias