What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
There is no way the crowd was only 15.5k ... something must have been counted incorrectly.

Last Sunday night against the Souths had something like 17.5k ... the crowd today was bigger than last Sunday.

Last week - Northern Terrace 50% full, 2/3 of the hill was seated
This week - Northern Terrace 95% full, almost everyone on the hill was standing.

Before kick-off, when I looked around the ground, I would have predicted at least 17.5k again .... there is absolutely no way that they could fit another 3,000 people into the crowd today.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
There is no way the crowd was only 15.5k ... something must have been counted incorrectly.

Last Sunday night against the Souths had something like 17.5k ... the crowd today was bigger than last Sunday.

This week - Northern Terrace 95% full, almost everyone on the hill was standing.

Before kick-off, when I looked around the ground, I would have predicted at least 17.5k again .... there is absolutely no way that they could fit another 3,000 people into the crowd today.

Have to say i agree with this, from watching on tv didn't look like you could fit any more people on the hill, my impression was 18K at least. Games at Kogarah earlier in the season that pulled 15-16K had many gaps in the crowd, today there was none. Hard one to explain.

LatK7

First Grade
I was shocked when i saw the figure come up on the screen. I looked around, the stands were packed and the hill was packed. Can't figure it out :s

Goddo

Bench

I agree. At the Monday night Jubilee games this year there were around "13k" in attendence, but there were at least 4k more than that there today.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the fact people are bagging the Dragons for that crowd. It's 30-45 minutes TOPS from Manly's home ground - and they probably bought 500-1000 of the crowd that turned up. Pathetic from them. Otherwise, the ground was full of red and white.

adamkungl

Immortal
I love the fact people are bagging the Dragons for that crowd. It's 30-45 minutes TOPS from Manly's home ground - and they probably bought 500-1000 of the crowd that turned up. Pathetic from them. Otherwise, the ground was full of red and white.

:lol: Rubbish Tim, you couldn't be more biased if you tried.

If this was anyone except Dragons (or Dogs) you'd be complaining about it.

Also, no using the away fans excuse if you demand to use a suburban ground. Dragons fans love the place, its up to them to pack it out.

Also, Google maps says 45 minutes MINIMUM between Brookvale and Oki Chokie Oval.

beave

Coach
Tim, I don't think people are bagging out the Dragons for their percentage of fans at the game today, just the total numbers all up. I just don't understand how that game wasn't sold out in a couple of hours tbh, the dragons are hugely popular.

Timmah

Staff member
beave, people are using whatever reason they can to have a go at the Dragons at the moment, it's called tall poppy syndrome. ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
The other laughable part is when Raiders fans try to bag any crowd.

Notoriously poor support in Canberra...

beave

Coach
The only thing I can bag the Dragons out with is that they play terribly bland football................... but f**k me I would kill for my team to perform as consistently and finish as high as they have the last few years. f**k, out of any of the Sydney teams, they are the ones I would personally like to see win the comp, I don't know why people hate them.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I just don't get this forum. The crowds of 33K and 27K are the 2nd and 3rd biggest qualifying finals since the system came in. The only bigger crowd was at Lang about 5 years ago.

SPOT ON THATS WHAT I WAS SAYING.
Nice one;-)

STG-MACCA

Bench
At 10am last Monday, Ticketek had Cat 1 as sold out, Cat 2 limited seats.
They then released more tickets at 10am Wednesday after people who couldn't get Cat 1 on Monday had bought other tickets or lost interest and made other arrangements.

People that lined up at Ticketek agencies from 4 and 5am didn't get Cat 1 seats being 2nd in line on Monday morning, and that is the biggest issue as to why the game didn't sell out.

Next match, V Raiders @ SFS will exceed 30K and against Tigers @ ANZ I reckon we can give the Dogs / Eels crowd a shake from last season.

15K was NOT a good result today, but agree with DR that the hill was packed and felt to be larger than against Souths the week before.

LatK7

First Grade
The only thing I can bag the Dragons out with is that they play terribly bland football................... but f**k me I would kill for my team to perform as consistently and finish as high as they have the last few years. f**k, out of any of the Sydney teams, they are the ones I would personally like to see win the comp, I don't know why people hate them.

I don't know why either. Maybe one or two trolls annoyed them and for that reason they'd want Saints to crash out of the finals. I don't understand it, but whatcha gonna do?

Timmah

Staff member
And for the record, ticketing and promotion of ALL FINALS MATCHES is managed by the NRL. They actually had to advertise "tickets still available" during the week after falsely claiming it was close to sellout.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It looks like 3 mile from the pitch at Kogarah, do they supply binoculars with every ticket bought? The ground looks terrible, good job it wasn't raining.

LatK7

First Grade
It looks like 3 mile from the pitch at Kogarah, do they supply binoculars with every ticket bought? The ground looks terrible, good job it wasn't raining.

Great view from anywhere imo. When you get used to watching games at ANZ, Kogarah is the greatest.

Spark Plug

Juniors

Right. Now that we've already listed hundreds of reasons to hate the Dragons, their supporters and NOW the ground, why don't we let loose on their ground staff?????

:roll:

Latest posts