What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Danish

Referee
Assuming capacity these days is around 18,500, I'm gonna call you full of sh*t. The Souths game was packed to the rafters and the Manly showing was similar in size IMO despite the posted figure.

When was the last time the Roosters managed capacity? ;-)

Capacity at both Kogarah and Wollongong is 20,000:

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=59
http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=139

Saints highest home crowd is 18,200 vs Souths. Well under capacity, and hardly the type of figures to back your opinion that they are the most supported side in the comp.

It is also laughable that you would actually think that the NRL and dragons would claim a crowd figure to be several thousand lower than the actual number. Seriously, just deluded.

And again, if you actually check the stats in the 2010 Crowd Statistics thread like I suggested, you'll see the Dragons are by far the best supported team AWAY.

I have actually checked the stats jackass.

Saints draw the most while away. Broncos draw BY FAR the most while at home. Combined, Brisbane have by far the great attendance to their home and away matches.

I have a feeling I am wasting my time arguing this with you though, since you have already proven to want to ignore cold hard facts in favour of your own opinions

bmwpower

Juniors

Saints highest home crowd is 18,200 vs Souths. Well under capacity, and hardly the type of figures to back your opinion that they are the most supported side in the comp.

It is also laughable that you would actually think that the NRL and dragons would claim a crowd figure to be several thousand lower than the actual number. Seriously, just deluded.

Saints draw the most while away. Broncos draw BY FAR the most while at home. Combined, Brisbane have by far the great attendance to their home and away matches.

I have a feeling I am wasting my time arguing this with you though, since you have already proven to want to ignore cold hard facts in favour of your own opinions

u f**ktard theres a 18500 cap at kogarah. and at the souths game, no tickets where being sold at the gates. and if youve been to kogarah during a regular season game and 15000 turn up, and then you see the crowd at 1 week semi finals game, you will notice the difference. but then again you havent been to kogarah with 15000 im assuming

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I don't care what you think capacity is according to a couple of websites nor do I care what you think of my opinions on last Sunday's crowd. The Kogarah crowds these days are usually capped around 18,500 for safety reasons. Dragons v Cronulla in Rd 3 of last year got 20,000 and crowds were capped lower after that due to safety concerns. Wollongong is similar, sellouts have been declared there numerous times in recent years and the crowd hasn't been near 20,000.

It seems to me you're selectively reading tbh, multiple times I've referred to the Dragons AWAY (just in case you missed it) average. Best supported team in the league away from home.

Cold hard facts? You mean statistics you continue to skew in your favour? :lol:

More Dragons eye witness recounts, it's become beyond a joke now

"I swear it was a packed house, not one spare seat/bit of grass in the stadium"
"I've been to Kogarah 389054 times and I know what the crowd would be"
"I swear my penis is 12 inches when I look at it, even though when I measure it's only 3 inches but I've looked at so many penises in my life I think I would know"

Danish

Referee
u f**ktard theres a 18500 cap at kogarah. and at the souths game, no tickets where being sold at the gates. and if youve been to kogarah during a regular season game and 15000 turn up, and then you see the crowd at 1 week semi finals game, you will notice the difference. but then again you havent been to kogarah with 15000 im assuming

I've been to Kogarah a few times, both for games against the roosters and also a few others (against the tigers in 2005 was a fairly memorable visit).

I did not know the capacity was capped at below the stadiums officially listed capacity, however even taking into account the 18500 cap that you speak of, that means saints have only approached it once this season, and were nowhere near it in their finals game (again, why you think the club, ground or NRL would want to fudge this figure downward is beyond reason).

Facts are that Saints averaged but a few hundred more at their home games than the roosters this year, so any arguments about being the most supported club in the comp are completely and utterly baseless.

LatK7

First Grade
Ok thanks.

So I am a MYNRL member how do I go about getting a ticket tomorrow morning then?

Should they have sent me a password or do you log-in tomorrow.....:?

I haven't got an Email yet. I assume they'll send one soon containing the code...

Danish

Referee
It seems to me you're selectively reading tbh, multiple times I've referred to the Dragons AWAY (just in case you missed it) average. Best supported team in the league away from home.

Don't try to modify your argument. You clearly tried to label them the best supported team in the comp with absolutely no caveat about away crowds only added:

they're quite clearly the best supported team in the comp.

Cold hard facts? You mean statistics you continue to skew in your favour? :lol:

You are the one claiming that statistics are false, and also trying to attribute crowds at other teams home grounds towards the dragons supposed fan base.

I have purely and simply pointed out to the dragons fans trying to belittle the roosters for their attendances that the dragons averages only a few hundred better than ours.

No amount of carrying on about outliers, trying to claim that drawing a large crowds at other teams home grounds are actually filled with dragons fans, or conspiracies about the NRL and stadium staff fudging crowd figures downwards is going to change that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't try to modify your argument. You clearly tried to label them the best supported team in the comp with absolutely no caveat about away crowds only added:

:lol:!!!!!!!

You're just deliberately trolling now.

cleary89

Coach
More Dragons eye witness recounts, it's become beyond a joke now

"I swear it was a packed house, not one spare seat/bit of grass in the stadium"
"I've been to Kogarah 389054 times and I know what the crowd would be"
"I swear my penis is 12 inches when I look at it, even though when I measure it's only 3 inches but I've looked at so many penises in my life I think I would know"

where are the boys going for mad monday?

Danish

Referee
:lol:!!!!!!!

You're just deliberately trolling now.

Why can't you just admit that you are wrong?? You made a baseless claim and have been shown up for it

What's your excuse for getting all high and mighty about our crowds while your club, who are 2 time minor premiers, could only manage to average a
couple hundred more fans than us?

They play at a ground that holds less than half of your home ground.

Checking their away average crowd, they're quite clearly the best supported team in the comp.

You claimed that the dragons are the most supported team in the comp, plain as day.

bmwpower

Juniors
I've been to Kogarah a few times, both for games against the roosters and also a few others (against the tigers in 2005 was a fairly memorable visit).

I did not know the capacity was capped at below the stadiums officially listed capacity, however even taking into account the 18500 cap that you speak of, that means saints have only approached it once this season, and were nowhere near it in their finals game (again, why you think the club, ground or NRL would want to fudge this figure downward is beyond reason).

Facts are that Saints averaged but a few hundred more at their home games than the roosters this year, so any arguments about being the most supported club in the comp are completely and utterly baseless.

alot of fans dont turn up to kogarah consistently because people tend to think that there might be any tickets left, and every or most seats are already sold and therefore it only leaves a packed hill. Not everyone would like to sit or stand on grass for 2 hours, so some stay home. it is a mission to park at kogarah and also sometimes a hassle to get tickets. how ever if the saints had a larger capacity stadium such as sfs, i guarantee they would get 22000 + average a season.

Danish

Referee
I can read, you claim they are the best supported team in the comp, and you base this claim on their away averages.

If you would like to retract your comment, and simply claim that saints tend to bring opposition fans through the gates then I'll accept that.

I will not however accept the baseless assumption that a large crowd turning up to watch the broncos/dogs/bunnies etc play the dragons at their respective home grounds equates to the crowd being stacked with dragons fans, especially when they can't even fill their own tiny stadium

bmwpower

Juniors
I can read, you claim they are the best supported team in the comp, and you base this claim on their away averages.

If you would like to retract your comment, and simply claim that saints tend to bring opposition fans through the gates then I'll accept that.

I will not however accept the baseless assumption that a large crowd turning up to watch the broncos/dogs/bunnies etc play the dragons at their respective home grounds equates to the crowd being stacked with dragons fans, especially when they can't even fill their own tiny stadium

what? when saints play those teams you mentioned at their home ground, they equate to 50 percent or even more sometimes of the crowd. your on drugs seriously. its clear the dragons would be the best supported team in sydney if they had a larger stadium.

what? when saints play those teams you mentioned at their home ground, they equate to 50 percent or even more sometimes of the crowd. your on drugs seriously. its clear the dragons would be the best supported team in sydney if they had a larger stadium.

f**k you are one massive dumbass

adamkungl

Immortal
Using the Dragons head counting method there were a good 22,000 people at Redfern Oval for my A reserves final. Massive crowd.