What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you don't think the Dragons having a huge away average equates to a huge following, seek help.

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry doc, Danish seems to think that the Dragons only have the capacity to bring opposition fans - like Benny Elias he must think their fans don't travel :lol:

franklin2323

Immortal
Guys I got an email from Mick Leary. Apparently Panthers broke gate takens records. The prices haven't gone up in 4 years so despite rubbish crowds income is strong. Must be from non showing up members there's heaps that sit near me who don't always show. Don't know why

Sam H

Juniors
2UE said 15,000 tickets sold to Tigers v Saints today, which is apparently more than at the corresponding stage for Eels v Dogs last year...

If you don't think the Dragons having a huge away average equates to a huge following, seek help.

It represents a massive geographical dispersion of supporters. For the record, I believe that St George has the largest support base in theory, but as for actual home crowd attendances, it has always lagged behind Bulldogs & Tigers and I would expect that if St George had a couple of lean years the disparity would grow even more.

beercoaster

Juniors
Gee it's annoying when people outside Sydney/NSW bring up the 4.5 million population thing.

Why? We always go on about NSW & QLD having more than 50% of the population when it suits.
My point is that other states attend events in huge numbers. To my friend who also retorted about us only having 3 teams fair enough but Melbourne have 8 (or is it 9?) AFL teams and they average at least 35,000 per game at a guess.
Understand the price of tickets can stifle the average Joe from wanting to go but don't the teams have enough support that they can't get a decent crowd to a final.
Hopefully this weekend will see a bumper attendance.

Timmah

Staff member
I love the NRL's claim of this game having pre-sold more than last year.

Did they ever think that MIGHT be because they f**ked the ticket sales so ANYONE could purchase between 9am and 10am this morning?

Greenie

Juniors
I hope Raiders management were smart and had people out there selling memberships for next year. I think both they and the Warriors are just on the start of their rise.

They had people taking details for memberships - the packages aren't out yet.