What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

I think what may have saved the crowd was lots of neutrals. The sfs members stand was full and that is not all roosters fans.

Every second person in the members was wearing a Roosters jersey. There didn't look to be too many neutrals.

You can spin it however you like but Roosters crowds are not a problem and it has nothing to do with opposition supporters or neutrals.

dragondad

First Grade
I've been to the sfs when you played the Cowboys, Sharks and Titans. But of course I still believe you...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The email I read indicated it was ok to buy 10 tickets per membership.

Danish

Referee
So what is your excuse for 6000 vs Cronulla?

What's your excuse for getting all high and mighty about our crowds while your club, who are 2 time minor premiers, could only manage to average a couple hundred more fans than us?

Timmah

Staff member
What's your excuse for getting all high and mighty about our crowds while your club, who are 2 time minor premiers, could only manage to average a couple hundred more fans than us?
They play at a ground that holds less than half of your home ground.

Checking their away average crowd, they're quite clearly the best supported team in the comp.

Lol @ Timmah having a f**king sixth sense for discussions involving the Dragons and running third man.

I don't have an excuse for 6,000 v Cronulla and don't care, maybe everyone else was in the same boat as me and had a birthday party to attend to? But IIRC it rained that night so there's half an excuse, throw in Sharks fans don't travel anywhere outside of the Shire - what's your excuse for 12,000 at Kogarah v Gold Coast on a Friday when we got 9,000 v Gold Coast on a monday. We heavily outnumbered two of the so called largest supported Sydney teams in Wests and the Bullscum, matched the Saints and had a 60:40 split against Souffs but keep pointing to monday night matches against Queensland teams.

Danish

Referee
They play at a ground that holds less than half of your home ground.

Checking their away average crowd, they're quite clearly the best supported team in the comp.

And yet they never sell it out. In fact they never even came close all year, even for their finals game or the game in which they wrapped up the minor premiership.

For the most supported team in the comp I'd expect that they could get closer to capacity with regularity, wouldn't you?

Also, Brisbane have by far the best home and away average, so unclear what you are getting this "best supported team in the comp" thing from

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Goddo usually makes a lot of sense but seems to have descended into standard St Merge fan behaviour of talking out of his arse.

Can't rely on official NRL crowd figures for next week, so just stay tuned for the Stain Merge fan head count. Me thinks estimates will be 82,000 people with 80,000 Choke fans

adamkungl

Immortal
Can't rely on official NRL crowd figures for next week, so just stay tuned for the Stain Merge fan head count. Me thinks estimates will be 82,000 people with 80,000 Choke fans

I'm expecting the Steelers faithful to come in here utterly convinced that they actually expanded ANZ Stadium specifically for this game to fit in another 40,000 of their fans, and the NRL's official figure must be somehow wrong

Rocket

Juniors

Meh. Guess all you've got left to do this year is troll about teams good enough to be left standing.

Even with a full house and the homeground advantage your mob couldn't finish off an injury riddled team when the pressure was on.

I'd rather my team had the worst crowds in the comp but still be in the hunt for the finals.

applesauce

Bench
The email I read indicated it was ok to buy 10 tickets per membership.

Who was that email from? MYNRL or a club you are a member of?

I have 0 emails from Broncos (if it is season members of any club who can get tickets) or MYNRL?

I need 7 tickets... Help?!?!

Timmah

Staff member
Lol @ Timmah having a f**king sixth sense for discussions involving the Dragons and running third man.

I don't have an excuse for 6,000 v Cronulla and don't care, maybe everyone else was in the same boat as me and had a birthday party to attend to? But IIRC it rained that night so there's half an excuse, throw in Sharks fans don't travel anywhere outside of the Shire - what's your excuse for 12,000 at Kogarah v Gold Coast on a Friday when we got 9,000 v Gold Coast on a monday. We heavily outnumbered two of the so called largest supported Sydney teams in Wests and the Bullscum, matched the Saints and had a 60:40 split against Souffs but keep pointing to monday night matches against Queensland teams.
Sixth sense? This is one of the threads I regularly check into because it's a topic that interests me, not everything is about your crackpot theories mate.

Saints/Titans 12,000 was a great crowd for the occasion if I recall correctly - Canterbury and Parra were both on the comeback trail and played at the same time at ANZ so there would've been little focus on the Dragons, add to that the cold weather and the fact it was the Titans, 12k is a pretty decent showing.

As for heavily outnumbering the Bulldogs and Tigers, I'd love to know when. Matched the Saints? :lol:
And yet they never sell it out. In fact they never even came close all year, even for their finals game or the game in which they wrapped up the minor premiership.

For the most supported team in the comp I'd expect that they could get closer to capacity with regularity, wouldn't you?

Also, Brisbane have by far the best home and away average, so unclear what you are getting this "best supported team in the comp" thing from
Assuming capacity these days is around 18,500, I'm gonna call you full of sh*t. The Souths game was packed to the rafters and the Manly showing was similar in size IMO despite the posted figure.

When was the last time the Roosters managed capacity? ;-)

And again, if you actually check the stats in the 2010 Crowd Statistics thread like I suggested, you'll see the Dragons are by far the best supported team AWAY.
I'm expecting the Steelers faithful to come in here utterly convinced that they actually expanded ANZ Stadium specifically for this game to fit in another 40,000 of their fans, and the NRL's official figure must be somehow wrong

:lol: never mind phil rothfield's crying fit last year where he alleges certain games can just automatically get "50,000". I'd take more issue with his rubbish than what some fans might say on here.

Timmah

Staff member
Who was that email from? MYNRL or a club you are a member of?

I have 0 emails from Broncos (if it is season members of any club who can get tickets) or MYNRL?

I need 7 tickets... Help?!?!
Nope, only STH's of participating clubs. I'm a Dragons member.