What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
Mate, this is a load of utter tripe.

That's your opinion and you're more than entitled to it.

If my team was playing last night, there is no chance I would have gone, and before you type another 5 paragraphs of crap, I am a season ticket holder. I could not be arsed getting drenched to the bone, that is my perogative, and that makes me or anyone like me no less of a supporter than people like you.

You might not have read where i said or just ignored it totally but in case you missed it i said "for any "normal" i could actually understand that to a point" now being your a bunnies fan i could totally understand it to a point being that the game wouldn't have had all the build up and the hype as what Parra and Storm did.

Have you seen me oncer have a crack or even mention the Dogs v Tigers crowd? No i haven't and that's exactly my point. It's not a blanket opinion on Sydney crowds it's solely and opinion on this one game that had such huge coverage in the lead up and rightly so.

I can type 5 paragraphs of crap but at the same time i don't make you read it ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok Timmothay then forget the families, what about all the big mouthed gee ups in here? Ohhh lets get a big scary crowd and taunt the Storm and harrass their fans? Where were they? The Telecrap certainly weren't aiming their propaganda at children by trying to incite the crowd to sing chants and what not, so where were they?
Soft.

Nice to see you won't admit you were wrong in calling me soft.

You could've counted the big mouth gee-ups in this forum, how that somehow indicates a crowd of 6 billion is beyond me. How one dickhead ripping apart a football (and yes I agree, he was a dickhead) is somehow going to ensure a crowd filling Parramatta Stadium, especially given the atrocious conditions.

I understand the build-up theory behind what you're saying but the weather conditions played a massive part, whether you like it or not.

Allow me to clarify here I have absolutely no doubt it was a pathetic crowd and have taken Eels supporters on myself but to call people soft for not going is pissweak, especially from behind the comfort tonight of your powerful, almighty keyboard.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
10,969 @ CUA

7,934 @ SFS

How that crowd was more than the rubbish at Parra last night has me stumped.

Billythekid

First Grade
AFL must be laughing there tits off at the NRL wth the crap crowds,State of Origin not selling out and the international game being not very international(and yes efore you say anything AFL's international thing is bollocks).

The main funding from both our sports come form tv. The first SOO is the highest rating program this year. The Friday night game last night easily outrated the AFL game.

Fair enough we would like to get better crowds but don't act as though nothing is going the NRL's way.

I can guarantee the AFL is sitting back wishing they could have 3 midseason games that rate as good as a GF.

StormChaser

First Grade
Oh FMD! For the record, Timmothay is not SOFT! There are you happy now??? You're unsoft! The anti-soft if you like! Timmothay is HARD CORE!!

I almost can not believe there were 7k people at SFS.

hahahahahahahaha .... :lol: More like half that is closer to the truth.

One thing the Roosters have going for them is if ever they have bad crowd riots and have to play in a closed stadium, it wouldn't be much of a difference for them :sarcasm:

It's the supporters like yourself SC and all other Storm supporters who showed up to the game last night which make the crowd number look even more pathetic.....let me finish lol What i mean is that you and every other Storm fan that went knew very well beforehand that you were going to see your team get abused to the sh*thouse as well as knowing you'd cop every bit as much as well from the ferals in the crowd.

If that wasn't bad enough you all knew that if your team won it would mean esentially nothing so there was no motivation in that respect but you all still wanted to support your team regardless just because you love them and are true fans.

On the other side of the coin the Parra fans had the extra motivation of playing the team that "cheated" them out of a premiership, a chance of redemption playing a club that cheated them out of their first title in over 20 years. A team they hate with a passion and gobbed off all week about how they're going to turn up in massive numbers to rip sh*t out of them holding their hate banners and paper bags while also going to support the team they supposedly love and are as passionate about as much as they despise the Storm (clearly not though)

Even though they had all that and every bit of motivation in the world they stayed on their fat arses on the couch in the comfort of their own homes. To those parra fans who did bother to show up i'll say good on you but that's as far as the compliments go, you only did what any true supporters do and that's to show up and support your team rain hail or shine regardless of if they're travelling well for the season or not. It's just the done thing.

The Storm supporters that did go last night deserve a sh*tload more kudos than anyone else even though nobody will give it to them around here. As mentioned you didn't have any other reason to go than to watch the team you love play, a team that couldn't earn any points from it and know will finish at the bottom of the ladder. You still went after all that and surprise surprise, you did that in EXACTLY the same weather conditions that kept so many fairweather imposters at home in front of the heater so their hair wouldn't frizz in the rain or catch a cold. Like i said weak as piss no matter what kind of spin anyone wants to put on it.

Want a tissue
That is really intense crap!

adamkungl

Immortal
There were probably 7k at the SFS tonight, I was there, I've seen worse. There certainly weren't 6.5k at the Roosters Cowboys game a few weeks back though.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The main funding from both our sports come form tv. The first SOO is the highest rating program this year. The Friday night game last night easily outrated the AFL game.

Fair enough we would like to get better crowds but don't act as though nothing is going the NRL's way.

I can guarantee the AFL is sitting back wishing they could have 3 midseason games that rate as good as a GF.
Yes Rugby League is a tv sport but seeing empty seats and empty/half full stadiums doesn't come over well on tv.

Serc

First Grade
Just on this 'people in Melbourne turn out rain hail or shine' thing...yes they do turn out in poor weather and are known for it, but Melbourne almost never gets the sorts of torrential downpours that Sydney and Brisbane get. There was a tornado in Bronte yesterday, and flash flooding all over the place...cars caught out everywhere. In particular I heard one story about someone in a line of traffic in an underpass (in Marrickville I believe), where they saw the water was about 30cm deep, and within 20 seconds it had hit the half a metre mark - scary stuff.

Yesterday in particular was a pretty dangerous day in terms of flash flooding, and given there were two games within around 5km of each other on at the same time, those crowd figures were kinda expected. There should've been at least 10k at both, but yeah...the Sydney crowd haters really don't have too much to hold onto for this one, outside of the raw numbers.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Just on this 'people in Melbourne turn out rain hail or shine' thing...yes they do turn out in poor weather and are known for it, but Melbourne almost never gets the sorts of torrential downpours that Sydney and Brisbane get.

the Sydney crowd haters really don't have too much to hold onto for this one, outside of the raw numbers.

Yeah you might wanna rethink that argument a bit mate after watching the link. While Melbourne doesn't get anywhere near the rain of Sydney and Brisbane anually, evey capital city gets their torrential downpours every once in a while. No offence because i can see the point you're trying to make and i'm not a Sydney crowd hater because for the most part they've been up this year, i just though the GF rematch with all the build up and hype was a very very poor crowd and to use your words i don't think you have much to hold onto on this one.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/storm-brings-chaos-to-melbourne-20100306-ppm4.html

Karlos

Juniors
Just on this 'people in Melbourne turn out rain hail or shine' thing...yes they do turn out in poor weather and are known for it, but Melbourne almost never gets the sorts of torrential downpours that Sydney and Brisbane get. There was a tornado in Bronte yesterday, and flash flooding all over the place...cars caught out everywhere. In particular I heard one story about someone in a line of traffic in an underpass (in Marrickville I believe), where they saw the water was about 30cm deep, and within 20 seconds it had hit the half a metre mark - scary stuff.

Yesterday in particular was a pretty dangerous day in terms of flash flooding, and given there were two games within around 5km of each other on at the same time, those crowd figures were kinda expected. There should've been at least 10k at both, but yeah...the Sydney crowd haters really don't have too much to hold onto for this one, outside of the raw numbers.

Serc, Sydney has had f**k all rain over the last few years, same as Melbourne so dont go using that as an excuse. Its hard to swallow, but simple fact is Sydney League fans just dont turn up to watch their teams. This weekend was particularly bad but as someone else pointed out Melbourne was rained out today (yesterday) and 50 000 turned up for the AFL.

There are only 2 locations to watch AFL in Vic and both are very easy to get to by train. All this crap about 'driving in dangerous conditions' just doesn't come in to the equation and I think this is one of the factors as to why they get bigger crowds. But all in all for teams that have '100 years of history' to get sub 10 000 crowds is just pathetic and there is no excuse.

Where is the stadium in Bronte??

bobmar28

Bench
Yes Rugby League is a tv sport but seeing empty seats and empty/half full stadiums doesn't come over well on tv.

Mergers. We need no more than 4 teams in Sydney. You can't have 7k turning up to a game in a city of 4.5 million. It looks pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts