What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reasonable crowd at ANZ considering the weather conditions, but a very disappointing crowd at Parra for the gf rematch.

I managed to pick up the ABC call on the Tigers/Dogs game and the around the ground presenter said the weather was fine.:?

Did it stop raining an hr or so before both games?

The Toyota Cup game was postponed because of the weather. Think about it that way, the weather was horrible yesterday, just non-stop rain all day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Weather is a pathetic excuse. I would never not attend a game of football because of the weather. I'm committed to my side and supporting them, win lose or draw and would be happy to stand in the rain to do so if I had to. Sydney fans really need to harden up, 7k for a grand-final rematch, especially this one of all rematches, is absolutely, beyond pathetic. I would have expected more in a cyclone.

Terrible crowds.

Whatever excuses, whatever the cause, crowds like that are harmful to the game. FFS the sharks get better crowds than parra.

Deary me. For the record, I went to ANZ last night. As for the tripe above...

For the general public, last nights conditions weren't conducive to "oh, I think I'll take the kids to the footy last night". The diehards, i.e. many who frequent this forum, braved the elements and went. The track to both Parramatta and ANZ is worth considering - going to the game isn't just about the conditions you sit in, its the road conditions on the way to the game amongst a bunch of other factors. Saying "weather isn't a factor" when the skies have opened for the best part of the last 3 weeks, not to mention the torrential rain of the 48 hours prior to the game... doesn't the fact Toyota Cup got cancelled and they weren't even able to draw sponsor signage on the turf give some kind of indication?

To have a stab at Sydneysiders for this is pretty f**king sad :lol:

parano1a

Juniors
The Toyota Cup game was postponed because of the weather. Think about it that way, the weather was horrible yesterday, just non-stop rain all day.

49,000 turned up at the MCG today to see Carlton v Melbourne played in torrential rain. Not turning up to rugby league because of bad weather conditions is a pitiful excuse. It's an outdoor winter sport FFS.

Evenflow

Bench
To have a stab at Sydneysiders for this is pretty f**king sad :lol:

No, the only pathetic thing is the crowd for the GF replay. The scumbag tabloid that is the telegraph couldn't have possibly talked up this game any more with article after article of gutter journalisim "promoting" this game, printing posters to get the trophy back, going to the downright childish point of sending f**kwit rothfield down to Storm HQ to get the trophy, imploring Parra fans to rip sh*t out of Storm players at every opportunity, printing photo's of some lollipoper cutting into a Storm ball and burning a photo of the team amongst several other things.

Now don't get me wrong, while these antics were a bit amatuerish and in some cases unproffessional it's the Telegraph so we can't really expect anything less but if it meant getting more arses on seats for one of the most hyped up games of the year then i'm all for it. That said with all the help, publicity, hype, build up and advertising, not to mention parra fans around here all week mouthing off how they're going to show up in huge numbers to give it to the cheats, they can still only manage the paltry number of 7.5k.

Yeah yeah i know it pissed down most of the day and all that and for any "normal" i could actually understand that to a point. But for a game with such a massive build up of everything mentioned above to only get those numbers regardless of the weather is piss poor, pathetic and just plain embarrassing to the league and Parra fans no matter what type of spin you or anyone else tries to put on it.

People bitch and moan constantly on here that our game, especially the big ones don't get the advertising and publicity they deserve and i agree with that totally, but we got that in spades this time and then some and we ended up with what will be most likely in the bottom 5 lowest crowds this year to a game that truly deserved to be so much more all because these soft ons didn't want to get a bit wet. Ever heard of an umbrella, poncho, coat etc? Well f**king use them and that'll solve the problem. Absolutely disgraceful and yes, pathetic.

StormChaser

First Grade
No, the only pathetic thing is the crowd for the GF replay. The scumbag tabloid that is the telegraph couldn't have possibly talked up this game any more with article after article of gutter journalisim "promoting" this game, printing posters to get the trophy back, going to the downright childish point of sending f**kwit rothfield down to Storm HQ to get the trophy, imploring Parra fans to rip sh*t out of Storm players at every opportunity, printing photo's of some lollipoper cutting into a Storm ball and burning a photo of the team amongst several other things.

Now don't get me wrong, while these antics were a bit amatuerish and in some cases unproffessional it's the Telegraph so we can't really expect anything less but if it meant getting more arses on seats for one of the most hyped up games of the year then i'm all for it. That said with all the help, publicity, hype, build up and advertising, not to mention parra fans around here all week mouthing off how they're going to show up in huge numbers to give it to the cheats, they can still only manage the paltry number of 7.5k.

Yeah yeah i know it pissed down most of the day and all that and for any "normal" i could actually understand that to a point. But for a game with such a massive build up of everything mentioned above to only get those numbers regardless of the weather is piss poor, pathetic and just plain embarrassing to the league and Parra fans no matter what type of spin you or anyone else tries to put on it.

People bitch and moan constantly on here that our game, especially the big ones don't get the advertising and publicity they deserve and i agree with that totally, but we got that in spades this time and then some and we ended up with what will be most likely in the bottom 5 lowest crowds this year to a game that truly deserved to be so much more all because these soft ons didn't want to get a bit wet. Ever heard of an umbrella, poncho, coat etc? Well f**king use them and that'll solve the problem. Absolutely disgraceful and yes, pathetic.

Quoted for truth. Well said.

Timmah

Staff member
Truth?

Did you move out of Sydney SC?

If you don't understand the impact of weather, you need to buy a f**king clue.

I've never turned back on my way to a game due to weather before but I strongly considered it last night.

You act like it was a bit of light rain - we're talking days of torrential rain including storms on the morning AND afternoon of the game. Do you think parents should be endangering their own and their childrens lives just to go and boo at a bunch of cheats?

Get real.

It was a crap crowd and could've been better but there are obvious reasons. Wake up.

Teddyboy

First Grade
AFL must be laughing there tits off at the NRL wth the crap crowds,State of Origin not selling out and the international game being not very international(and yes efore you say anything AFL's international thing is bollocks).

StormChaser

First Grade
Truth?

Did you move out of Sydney SC?

If you don't understand the impact of weather, you need to buy a f**king clue.

I've never turned back on my way to a game due to weather before but I strongly considered it last night.

You act like it was a bit of light rain - we're talking days of torrential rain including storms on the morning AND afternoon of the game. Do you think parents should be endangering their own and their childrens lives just to go and boo at a bunch of cheats?

Get real.

It was a crap crowd and could've been better but there are obvious reasons. Wake up.
No you tool, I live in Sydney, but I travel everywhere, sometimes even to NZ to support my team and a bit of rain isn't going to stop me. You are soft! Massively so!
How the f**k is a bit of water going to endanger kids? Ohhh won't somebody think of the children!!!!!!!!!!
Bahahaha one of your absolute BEST Timmothay. Brilliant :lol::lol:

Evenflow

Bench
It's the supporters like yourself SC and all other Storm supporters who showed up to the game last night which make the crowd number look even more pathetic.....let me finish lol What i mean is that you and every other Storm fan that went knew very well beforehand that you were going to see your team get abused to the sh*thouse as well as knowing you'd cop every bit as much as well from the ferals in the crowd.

If that wasn't bad enough you all knew that if your team won it would mean esentially nothing so there was no motivation in that respect but you all still wanted to support your team regardless just because you love them and are true fans.

On the other side of the coin the Parra fans had the extra motivation of playing the team that "cheated" them out of a premiership, a chance of redemption playing a club that cheated them out of their first title in over 20 years. A team they hate with a passion and gobbed off all week about how they're going to turn up in massive numbers to rip sh*t out of them holding their hate banners and paper bags while also going to support the team they supposedly love and are as passionate about as much as they despise the Storm (clearly not though)

Even though they had all that and every bit of motivation in the world they stayed on their fat arses on the couch in the comfort of their own homes. To those parra fans who did bother to show up i'll say good on you but that's as far as the compliments go, you only did what any true supporters do and that's to show up and support your team rain hail or shine regardless of if they're travelling well for the season or not. It's just the done thing.

The Storm supporters that did go last night deserve a sh*tload more kudos than anyone else even though nobody will give it to them around here. As mentioned you didn't have any other reason to go than to watch the team you love play, a team that couldn't earn any points from it and know will finish at the bottom of the ladder. You still went after all that and surprise surprise, you did that in EXACTLY the same weather conditions that kept so many fairweather imposters at home in front of the heater so their hair wouldn't frizz in the rain or catch a cold. Like i said weak as piss no matter what kind of spin anyone wants to put on it.

matt

Juniors
Seriously i would be more than pissed if the crowds where up watching a team of cheating merkins that That the NRL has 50% ownership of...well in .

Timmah

Staff member
No you tool, I live in Sydney, but I travel everywhere, sometimes even to NZ to support my team and a bit of rain isn't going to stop me. You are soft! Massively so!
How the f**k is a bit of water going to endanger kids? Ohhh won't somebody think of the children!!!!!!!!!!
Bahahaha one of your absolute BEST Timmothay. Brilliant :lol::lol:
I am soft? Sorry? Why am I soft? I was at ANZ Stadium last night from 6pm til about 9:20pm. I'm not talking about myself - I'm trying to correct these pathetic attacks on Sydney NRL fans when you yourself KNOW what the weather was like.

Water endangering kids? WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about road conditions - do you understand the concept of road safety? Do you think roads are somehow either more safe when rain falls? :lol: The average joe may not feel comfortable driving in conditions like last night, that's likely a reason why many didn't go. The diehards like yourself, myself - we went to the games last night. The "walk-up" fan didn't, and trying to berate them for not doing so is very harsh given the conditions both ON THE ROADS and at the grounds.
It's the supporters like yourself SC and all other Storm supporters who showed up to the game last night which make the crowd number look even more pathetic.....let me finish lol What i mean is that you and every other Storm fan that went knew very well beforehand that you were going to see your team get abused to the sh*thouse as well as knowing you'd cop every bit as much as well from the ferals in the crowd.

If that wasn't bad enough you all knew that if your team won it would mean esentially nothing so there was no motivation in that respect but you all still wanted to support your team regardless just because you love them and are true fans.

On the other side of the coin the Parra fans had the extra motivation of playing the team that "cheated" them out of a premiership, a chance of redemption playing a club that cheated them out of their first title in over 20 years. A team they hate with a passion and gobbed off all week about how they're going to turn up in massive numbers to rip sh*t out of them holding their hate banners and paper bags while also going to support the team they supposedly love and are as passionate about as much as they despise the Storm (clearly not though)

Even though they had all that and every bit of motivation in the world they stayed on their fat arses on the couch in the comfort of their own homes. To those parra fans who did bother to show up i'll say good on you but that's as far as the compliments go, you only did what any true supporters do and that's to show up and support your team rain hail or shine regardless of if they're travelling well for the season or not. It's just the done thing.

The Storm supporters that did go last night deserve a sh*tload more kudos than anyone else even though nobody will give it to them around here. As mentioned you didn't have any other reason to go than to watch the team you love play, a team that couldn't earn any points from it and know will finish at the bottom of the ladder. You still went after all that and surprise surprise, you did that in EXACTLY the same weather conditions that kept so many fairweather imposters at home in front of the heater so their hair wouldn't frizz in the rain or catch a cold. Like i said weak as piss no matter what kind of spin anyone wants to put on it.
The only thing that is weak as piss is your inability to accept anything that doesn't blow smoke up the arse of the Melbourne Storm, the players or the supporters of the club.

You have no clue.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Mate, this is a load of utter tripe.

If my team was playing last night, there is no chance I would have gone, and before you type another 5 paragraphs of crap, I am a season ticket holder. I could not be arsed getting drenched to the bone, that is my perogative, and that makes me or anyone like me no less of a supporter than people like you.

To those going on about some AFL crowd in Melbourne, who cares, if they didn't have that they would have all hung themselves by now.

Evenflow

Bench
The only thing that is weak as piss is your inability to accept anything that doesn't blow smoke up the arse of the Melbourne Storm, the players or the supporters of the club.

You have no clue.

Timmy, if you don't have anything else other than the pitiful rain excuse to prove why Parra fans showed up in such pathetic and disgraceful numbers they dished up last night even with all the motivation i mentioned then f**k off you insignificant little pissant and stop wasting my time.

StormChaser

First Grade
Ok Timmothay then forget the families, what about all the big mouthed gee ups in here? Ohhh lets get a big scary crowd and taunt the Storm and harrass their fans? Where were they? The Telecrap certainly weren't aiming their propaganda at children by trying to incite the crowd to sing chants and what not, so where were they?
Soft.

Timmah

Staff member
SC - just checking on your soft comment to me - I just did some analysing on google maps - I travelled 95km each direction to get to ANZ Stadium last night - a round trip of 190km, most of which was in driving rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts