What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I dont think that would be financially viable, every decade or so clubs with government financial support have to invest tens of millions of dollars into their stadiums, for just 4 games a year i dont think this would be sensible.

I think this is why Melbourne has so much better sporting facilities compared to Sydney. Its easier for the government to justify putting money into stadiums if theyre going to be used for numerous games a week rather than once every 4 weeks (Kogarah and WIN) or every 6 weeks (leichardt and campbelltown)
True i mean how many times to these grounds get used once the NRL season has finished.

MadEagle

Juniors
And ofcourse Brookevale oval gets left out completley.
Its the most played on ground in NRL history, and has recieved the least amount of funding out of all grounds that are regularly used. Pisses me off, lol

And ofcourse Brookevale oval gets left out completley.
Its the most played on ground in NRL history, and has recieved the least amount of funding out of all grounds that are regularly used. Pisses me off, lol

Relocate the ground to a marginal electorate and you'll be sweet.

Bread and circuses...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warringah Council is at fault for not putting at least small amounts to keep it up over the years, it wouldn't need such an epic upgrade if it had gone unattended for so long.

MadEagle

Juniors
Warringah Council is at fault for not putting at least small amounts to keep it up over the years, it wouldn't need such an epic upgrade if it had gone unattended for so long.

Agreed they are a major problem.

They want the ground available for ultimate frisbee. And thats no joke, they have been quoted saying that.

They problem with brookie and all suburban grouns is undercover seating, and not enought of it. Of the 10mil the club had to beg and plead for, we get not one additional under cover seat with the councils planned works.

Morons. lol

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Parra crowd looks decent.

I would take a guess at being 15k. Which isn't bad considering Brisbane is an Interstate team and the Eels being outside the top 8.

Really looking forward to see how many Perth get tonight!

Perth Red

Post Whore
after all the pre season hype around memberships and crowds we still see pretty poor turnouts for games this season. I don't know what the answer is but the fact two games featuring 4 Sydney clubs with GF aspirations can't draw at least 20k each shows there is still a shed load of work to do and answers to find.

Billythekid

First Grade
after all the pre season hype around memberships and crowds we still see pretty poor turnouts for games this season. I don't know what the answer is but the fact two games featuring 4 Sydney clubs with GF aspirations can't draw at least 20k each shows there is still a shed load of work to do and answers to find.

Im not necessarily disagreeing but surely you cant expect games played in stadiums with less than 20K capacity to pull 20K.

Status
Not open for further replies.