What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanatique

Juniors
Let's not be too harsh on the Roos. Their attendances are not great and no one denies that but if we objectively look at the averages in recent years they're not obvious basket cases compared to everyone else.

2008 home 12 game average of 13,970 was only a handful short of 14,000 and better than Manly, Penrith and the traditionally regarded bigs clubs of parramatta and Dragondom. Last year hey got 13,211, disappointing but again third from bottom in Sydney with the Sharks and Eels below. it's poor but not unusually bad.

elbusto

Coach
We traditionally don't get good crowds on Sat nights or against Canberra so naturally the NRL drew us against the Raiders on a Saturday night.
So when should the game have been played - obviously Saturday night in Sydney in beautiful weather at 7.30 is not good enough. Give me a f**king break!

Moffo

Referee
To be honest I could think of better things to do in eastern Sydney then watching an out of form roosters play an out of Sydney team on a Saturday night

we need to be more realistic about these things sometimes

elbusto

Coach
To be honest I could think of better things to do in eastern Sydney then watching an out of form roosters play an out of Sydney team on a Saturday night

I agree. Supporting your Footy Team when they are at a low ebb is obviously a low priority for those in Eastern Sydney.

Why would anybody want to spend Saturday night watching the likes of Campese, Pearce, Anasta, Minichello, and Carney when there are Latte's to be sipped?

Its quite obvious that the Rooters fans are sensible about supporting their Club - desert them when they need you most.

This is the sort of commitment that makes the Rooters the great Club they are.

Well done Rooters supporters. Good option. See you next year (maybe) when the Rooters do a little better.:crazy:

adamkungl

Immortal
We did just get the spoon - there wasn't exactly a huge rush to buy season tickets. Keep it in perspective. I can guarantee that come round 26 we will yet again have a higher average than a few Sydney clubs, and probably a couple of out of Sydney clubs too.

elbusto

Coach
We did just get the spoon - there wasn't exactly a huge rush to buy season tickets. Keep it in perspective. I can guarantee that come round 26 we will yet again have a higher average than a few Sydney clubs, and probably a couple of out of Sydney clubs too.
I hope you are right - if the Rooters do not improve expect a couple of 6-7k crowds later in the season.

fanatique

Juniors
I hope you are right - if the Rooters do not improve expect a couple of 6-7k crowds later in the season.

If they do have a couple of 7K attendances they would be in the company of several other clubs who have done likewise in recent years. Stuck down the the basement in 2008 the Bulldogs, the biggest home draw in Sydney played the Broncos, the biggest club in the game and drew 7,000.

poor results can impact on anyones crowds.

elbusto

Coach
If they do have a couple of 7K attendances they would be in the company of several other clubs who have done likewise in recent years. Stuck down the the basement in 2008 the Bulldogs, the biggest home draw in Sydney played the Broncos, the biggest club in the game and drew 7,000.

poor results can impact on anyones crowds.
I agree but the game has to move forward and we can no longer have crowds like this. Its time the fans stood up and supported their Clubs in the hard times.

Running out to an empty stadium is bad form. It shows the fans have lost faith. The footballers play poorly in response.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: You serious?

The Roosters crowds over the years have rarely been results-based, they aren't as well supported as many other Sydney teams. The Bulldogs 7k crowds were the exception rather than the rule, whereas with the Roosters the lower crowds are the norm.

FTR, We're running crap this year with a 18k average, Rooters have been in form this year and are averaging 12k.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

we need to be more realistic about these things sometimes

Are you geniused? how were the Roosters out of form when they had won 3 of there 5 games before last night's encounter and going better then the majority of the NRL?

Goddo

Bench
Its probably a fan base issue with the chooks. They just don't have the fans other clubs do. You hardly ever see someone wearing chook hats or jerseys. Compare that to dragons, bulldogs, eels, tigers, rabbits. Hell, Manly and Cronulla have more visable fan support.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parramatta have been out of form since last seasons grand final and they still got 15,122 to a monday night plodfest against the Raiders.

Roosters fans = Spazzes

elbusto

Coach
Its probably a fan base issue with the chooks. They just don't have the fans other clubs do. You hardly ever see someone wearing chook hats or jerseys. Compare that to dragons, bulldogs, eels, tigers, rabbits. Hell, Manly and Cronulla have more visable fan support.
If that is the case then why do they exist? First Club to chop.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: You serious?

The Roosters crowds over the years have rarely been results-based, they aren't as well supported as many other Sydney teams. The Bulldogs 7k crowds were the exception rather than the rule, whereas with the Roosters the lower crowds are the norm.

FTR, We're running crap this year with a 18k average, Rooters have been in form this year and are averaging 12k.

Wrong.

19021, Round 02 v Wests Tigers
17106, Round 04 v Brisbane
9308, Round 06 v Canberra

45435, Total
15145, Average

adamkungl

Immortal
If that is the case then why do they exist? First Club to chop.

Why when there are clubs with worse attendences? Pathetic agenda against Roosters every year.

Don't worry, you aren't the first Fight Club regular to be completely out of your depth when you aren't arguing with genius AFL or Onion fans.

elbusto

Coach
Why when there are clubs with worse attendences? Pathetic agenda against Roosters every year.

Don't worry, you aren't the first Fight Club regular to be completely out of your depth when you aren't arguing with genius AFL or Onion fans.
lol - as if I care what you think? The Rooters crowd last night was inexcusable. End of story.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
kungl, there's no agenda - the Roosters crowds are ordinary compared to what they should be. The Roosters aren't in poor form - and 15k isn't a great average.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Would be funny if the Roosters fans/members didn't go to last night's game because they wanted to make use of the free entry into todays Eels/Bunnies gameLOL. Roosters fans would rather watch Eels and Bunnies duke it out,LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts