What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 6 so far
19,491 @ SFS
21,336 @ Skilled
14,205 @ EAS
9,308 @ SFS
14,620 @ Mt Smart
25,688 @ Suncorp
25,152 @ ANZ

1 game to go

Total: 129,440
Average: 18,491

Not bad considering we had our first sub-10k crowd.

Goddo

Bench
What is really encouraging is the average we are getting for a round of footy is improving every year since the membership push began.

10 years of growth like this and we will be averaging around 30k every week. Stadiums will need upgrading!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
30k of tickets was sold today but 5000 odd members didn't show up which is why they didn't include it in the actual crowd figures,It wasn't 25,152 tickets sold,that was the amount of people who actually showed up.

Last edited:

mave

Coach
:lol: You serious?

The Roosters crowds over the years have rarely been results-based, they aren't as well supported as many other Sydney teams. The Bulldogs 7k crowds were the exception rather than the rule, whereas with the Roosters the lower crowds are the norm.

FTR, We're running crap this year with a 18k average, Rooters have been in form this year and are averaging 12k.

Wrong.

19021, Round 02 v Wests Tigers
17106, Round 04 v Brisbane
9308, Round 06 v Canberra

45435, Total
15145, Average

So, Timmah, which is it?

12k average or 15 k average? :?

Timmah

Staff member
15k, kungl clearly illustrated my figures were off... thought that looked pretty obvious.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: did you get a little warm tingly feeling knowing I got something wrong? You sad little man.

mave

Coach
Not at all, but as the "guru" of stats around these parts , you need to get this sort of stuff right. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong impression due to your bias.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The ANZAC day fixture has pulled a couple of low 30k attendances over the last few years. With decent weather and some decent promotion throughout the week i can't see why 35k can't be achieved.

Both teams have started the year very well.

I really hope Penrith fans turn out in force on Saturday. Yes 5:30 isn't the most ideal timeslot but the Tigers are usually one of the better drawing teams for Penrith. Hoping for 17-18k.

Timmah

Staff member
Not at all, but as the "guru" of stats around these parts , you need to get this sort of stuff right. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong impression due to your bias.
:lol: get over yourself dickhead, I'm just a forummer here. Made a mistake. Move on.
The ANZAC day fixture has pulled a couple of low 30k attendances over the last few years. With decent weather and some decent promotion throughout the week i can't see why 35k can't be achieved.

I really hope Penrith fans turn out in force on Saturday. Yes 5:30 isn't the most ideal timeslot but the Tigers are usually one of the better drawing teams for Penrith. Hoping for 17-18k.
I think there's potential for plenty of awesome crowds in Round 7, although I'm not sure about NQ v Eels.

dragondad

First Grade

Should be an absolute cracker,Anzac Day is my favourite day of the year. Day out at the march and then off to the footy.Last year the game got either 27k or 29k and the Roosters weren't going that well and Saints were 4 and 2 going into the match. Theres no reason why 20k STI fans and 10-15k SYD fans can't turn up,and add to that a few neutrals.Would love to see ticket sales during the week.

The Tank

Bench

No excuses this week. We're in form and have won a couple on the trot. 17k minimum. Anything less would be very disappointing.

adamkungl

Immortal
If the NRL really want to build this game into a major national event, they should be aiming for around 80k.

No. because for that to happen, it would have to be played at sh*thole Stadium Homebush.

And the ANZAC clash should ALWAYS be played at the SFS.

adamkungl

Immortal
15k, kungl clearly illustrated my figures were off... thought that looked pretty obvious.

If you use the same place for stats as me, I don't blame you for getting it wrong. they had the average listed as 12k. They hadn't updated properly for this round - they counted the canberra game but had the crowd as 0.

Brutus

Referee

The 5.30pm timeslot should never be used as an excuse for any team. It's a perfect family-friending time to go watch the footy and most kids sports are well and truly finished by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts