What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chook Norris

First Grade
sad, but true. It had the potential to be another great season for League. Every game involving the storm is now adversely impacted

MightyBronco

Juniors
I suppose another empty ANZ tonite. Maybe 15k? Go back to Belmore, SFS, or anywhere, just not ANZ!

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Finally it looked as though the game could start to move forward in Melbourne. I thought we would be one of the clubs bringing the avg up not dragging it down.

Its been a long wait for this stadium to see the storm finally show what they were capable of. As a league fan i am absolutely gutted.
I don't know any other sport that gets f**ked up as much as Rugby League:(.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
i was driving the other day thinking about the up coming week end of footy, thinking about the fact that RL was just about back to the stage where we didnt really have to worry about it anymore.. I mean you didnt have to think about having 5-6k crowds anymore.. Melbourne were moving into a new stad and were probably gonna average 20 k for the rest of the year... Things were starting to look good, professional, sustainable... And then bang,

What do u do, maybe it is just a soap opera for blokes

elbusto

Coach
The NRL's handling of this situation of this is what has blown it so far out of proportion. This is a self inflicted wound.
I agree - they have now turned it into a 20 week long soap opera. Ridiculous. Storm should have lost their points so far (and probably the 07 and 09 Premierships) but something should have been organised ot make the remaining games valid.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Makes you think if Gallop really thought about the effect of this punishment...

If Melbourne fold it could seriously cost RL 30 Million a year in lost revenues, probably even more...

They HAD one of the most valuable jumpers in Australian sport,

Would AFL have done this to Swans or Lions ??

elbusto

Coach
17K at the Bulldogs game. Expecting 30K+ Next friday night.
Probably the only good news this week is that Parra and Canterbury won this week and play each other next week - I hope the Sydney Rugby League Public respond appropriately!

Makes you think if Gallop really thought about the effect of this punishment...

If Melbourne fold it could seriously cost RL 30 Million a year in lost revenues, probably even more...

They HAD one of the most valuable jumpers in Australian sport,

Would AFL have done this to Swans or Lions ??

I do not believe they will be allowed to fold.

Whats important is what they are in 20-50 years from now.

The swans and lions are given or were given generous salary cap exemptions.

Dishonestly and a lack of integrity - indeed forgery - cannot be tolerated. We have to know what we are being told is true. It serves them right. They built that great team on lies.

At this point in time I do not believe they will fold.

In the coming weeks we will see the blame narrowed from the entire club to just a few. Thats when the healing can start. Right now everyone is shocked, hurt, and fiercely chagrined by this all. We were deceived. Every match I cheered for them to win - a fake. They might as well have had a magnet in the ball controlled via remote.

That a former afl ceo done this bites deep as well. At the moment the issue is being solidified and formed in our minds where confusion only existed, mixed with our emotions. Now its all out we will have the opertunity to take that and assimilate it - to make a more informed opinion on the matter. Once thats done we can place it in a marked basket. Only then will we move on and forget, but never forgive.

You see when they narrow the blame down, thats the key thing here. We live in the moment. This may be a scar, but we should not let it sink the Storm, and we should not let it stop us from enjoying rugby league, in Melbourne and growing it. I think its going to cost more money now, and I think the Storms reputation is seriously damaged......but support for them is building. People are begining to think the punishment is too severe, so maybe sympathy will arise and take the edge off things. Its such a human thing to do to cheat. They can come back from this. They may crawl and gasp for breath for a while, but not all the apple is rotten. People will see that.
do

On a side note, we all love how even our comp had become, and this in a way ruins the past 5 years. Everyone might cheat. Whatever. The bigger issue emerging from this is one we have already tackled. Indepedance. Gould is right, we are right, when we say this admin has run its course. BUT even so, cheating is a part of human nature. It will always be with us. As human nature has dictated in the past....we love winners....we love them so much we hate cheaters......but if you cheat to win- fair enough...cheating and winning is STILL WINNING. Thats evolution for you. What we HATE is when we find out cheaters.....but they can be redeemed IF AND ONLY WHEN they can show their worth to the group......and the Storm will be doing that. They ARE worth having around, and they will be saved.

Thats what I think, and I base it off sound principals.....the pre thoughts - the unconcious automatic ones that we dont cognitively think about or know are happening, the ones that dictate our actions. We are slaves to our gene programing, and people thats why melbourne will survive....they are worth something to our future. Kill them now and we lose 10 times over. The redemption and re-established stature of the Storm should become a key NEWS ltd objective. Lets face it, they are right now something only a mother could love....its not my money, but come on, is not what businesses strive to do is enrich the community, on some levels at least. Profit is all well and good, but it should not come at the expense of destructive ideals. I know we are talking about news here, and some may see them as evil on here; but there are many angles to make it look good for them here.

Last edited:

m0nty

Juniors
istockphoto_2447147_raised_hand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.