What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As long as the top 4 drawing Sydney crowds stay in the hunt for the whole year and Brisbane keep around 30k then it should be a good year. Storms crowds should break their records hopefully and if Dogs, Sth's, Wests and St's stay strong things will look good, even through SOO period. Just wish the Warriors could put a winning, exciting team out as they are a club who I feel could top 20k avg with a winning club.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
As long as the top 4 drawing Sydney crowds stay in the hunt for the whole year and Brisbane keep around 30k then it should be a good year. Storms crowds should break their records hopefully and if Dogs, Sth's, Wests and St's stay strong things will look good, even through SOO period. Just wish the Warriors could put a winning, exciting team out as they are a club who I feel could top 20k avg with a winning club.

And don't forget Parra - if they are in form they will get some big crowds too even though Parramatta Stadium only holds an absolute maximum of 20,000 nowadays (which is a joke should be at least 25,000), with their current average over 20,000 having been boosted by 2 home games at ANZ, good crowds at Parra for rest of the year should ensure their average is around the 17,000 mark by end of year.

user_nat

Coach
No idea how accurate of an indication this is, but Ticketek for game 1 looks like this:
A Reserve - Available
B Reserve - Available
C Reserve - Available
A Res - Alochol Free - Available
B Res - Alcohol Free - Available
C Res - Alcohol Free - Alloc. Exhausted
A Res - Restricted - Alloc. Exhausted
Born To Be Blue - Available

Doesn't seem great (or is that normal, idk).

ouwet

Bench
No idea how accurate of an indication this is, but Ticketek for game 1 looks like this:
A Reserve - Available
B Reserve - Available
C Reserve - Available

On Deadset Legends two saturdays ago Ray Warren said over 60K had been sold for both games... Don't know where he got that information from.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm not paying that much to go and watch the nuffies selceted for the blues. I just have no interest in the game anymore, all it is for me is a disruption to the regular footy.

hellteam

First Grade
A Reserve - Available
B Reserve - Available
C Reserve - Available

That is surely not normal..

RL1908

Bench
In years when Sydney has hosted Games 1 and 3 of Origin, the record Game 1 crowd is 68,344 in 2004. In 2008 the Sydney Game 1 opener drew 67,620.

In 2006 Sydney hosted Game 1 (crowd 72,733) but Game 3 went to Melbourne.

adamkungl

Immortal
An explanation of why it probably won't sell out:

I just tried to get tickets (left it way too late). Can't get anything in the lower levels for either Game 1 or 3. I am not paying any amount of money to sit in the upper decks of ANZ. Made that mistake once, not doing it again. I'll be watching on TV

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've attended over 100 matches of RL at ANZ Stadium. Never ever sat in the upper decks.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/huge-surge-in-nrl-crowds/story-e6frexnr-1225868877422

Huge surge in NRL crowds
Dean Ritchie

874095-rabbitohs-crowd.jpg

Big boost...South Sydney crowds have increased by an average of 25 per cent this season. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images

THIS is the story AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou won't be too eager to read.

It shows how rugby league in its spiritual heartland, Sydney, is absolutely powering ahead as winter's premier sport.
The NRL yesterday released data showing why and how league continues to dominante Sydney in crowds, members and television ratings.
Demetriou will struggle to digest the figures despite his $200 million war chest to win over western Sydney with GWS.
Overall, rugby league crowds in Sydney have increased a whopping 12 per cent over the opening 10 rounds compared to the same time last season. The numbers show Sydney fans are truly passionate about their traditional clubs.
Parramatta's average home crowds have increased by a staggering 50 per cent on the back of last year's efforts and the Jarryd Hayne factor.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Average home crowds for Souths, St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers have risen by more than 25 per cent.
"You have to compare apples with apples and which teams you played last year with which teams you played this year," said Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys.
Buzz's discards: See if you think Phil Rothfield's Blues team has what it takes to beat the Maroons
"But it is good news. There is obviously a lot of appeal in a strong product."
Eels CEO Paul Osborne added: "I am very proud of our supporters."
In a boost for Fox Sports, attendances are up 20 per cent for Monday night footy and 15 per cent for Sunday games.
"The skills of the players and the closeness of the competition has fans flocking to our grounds," said NRL chief executive David Gallop.
"It is a strong mix of regional clubs and Sydney's powerhouse clubs.
"It's a measure of the game's underlying strength and of the excitement rugby league generates among fans week in and week out. From time to time there are always going to be issues but it's clear fans are finding the Telstra Premiership more enthralling with every year."
But the crowd boon isn't just in Sydney. Melbourne fans - despite the pain of their salary cap rorting - have flocked to games, with Storm crowds up a massive 60 per cent. And Canberra's crowds are up 34 per cent.
Average crowds across ANZ Stadium, Parramatta Stadium, CUA Stadium and Campbelltown Stadium in Sydney's western suburbs have risen 21 per cent from 16,136 in 2009 to 19,519 in 2010.
However, Queensland is a problem for the NRL with crowds down some 15 per cent.
Brisbane's crowd have increased again but there have been significant falls in crowd numbers at home games for North Queensland and Gold Coast - traditionally the strong crowd pullers.
"I'm very happy with our crowds at the moment," said Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen.
"We are above where we were last year."
With the figures combined, crowds overall are up four per cent on last year. So far this year 1,367,693 fans have attended NRL matches.

Flapper

First Grade
I'm sure Demetriou is shaking in his boots.

What with NRL crowds in Sydney on the rise, AFL crowds in Sydney falling and NRL tv ratings on the rise and AFL ratings in Sydney test pattern-esque I'm sure he is a bit worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts