What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Spot on.

8 matches gives us an average of 20,373. Last years Heritage Round 10 got an average of 19,270 or so.

user_nat

Coach
Somewhat confused by your last 2 posts.. they seem to be the same. Only the first one was more accurate.

Anyhow, really good to get over the 20k. Only 2 rounds were over 20k last year right?

flamin

Juniors
Which gives us a 2010 total average of 18,008.

The 2005 all time record is 16.5k so we should break it - it'd be hard to imagine losing 1.5k fans off the average for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
user nat, I was posting all that when LU was in and out - so it's the same content rewritten a few times. Apologies :oops:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Which gives us a 2010 total average of 18,008.

The 2005 all time record is 16.5k so we should break it - it'd be hard to imagine losing 1.5k fans off the average for the rest of the year.

Don't be so quick to say that. Still a lot of wet and windy weekends to come, plus some teams are going to drop out of the race.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Round 11

Knights V Tigers 15,500
Eels V Sharks 12,000
Dragons V Raiders 16,000
Warriors V Souths 15,000
Panthers V Bulldogs 14,000

Av= 14,500

Probably a bit too generous with some of them?? Could this year be a threshold year for the NRL in terms of crowds. I mean look at the sydney derbies, we've had 5 break the magical 30K barrier so far and apart from at the suburban grounds the rest are around 20K. Lets hope the games crowds are actually going somewhere for a change and let it not be a short term blip!

I think weaker games on the sydney schedule should be played as double headers. Look at Round 10, Sharks and Roosters homes games get only 10K albeit the Roosters are in Gosford but it wouldnt be much bigger on a saturday night in sydney. What would be wrong with playing both games at the SFS in front of 25-30K instead? Show some inititive in Sydney please Mr Gallop

Panther_Daz

Staff member
2009 Round 10 - Total: 154,198 Average: 19,275

2010 Round 10 - Total: 162,984 Average: 20,373

The Bulldogs v Dragons game not being at Kogarah this year is the reason behind this... Most of the rest of the crowds would have been slightly under last year?

Brutus

Referee
Dragons v Rabbitohs Rnd 26 at Kogarah Oval.

Imagine if the Dragons are leading the comp and the Bunnies are gunning for a top four spot.

C'mon...move it to the SFS before it's too late. 30-35k is much better than 18k.

bazza

Immortal
The Bulldogs v Dragons game not being at Kogarah this year is the reason behind this... Most of the rest of the crowds would have been slightly under last year?

Canberra v Storm, Roosters v Knights and Tigers v Souths were all slightly up

flamin

Juniors
Don't be so quick to say that. Still a lot of wet and windy weekends to come, plus some teams are going to drop out of the race.
I know, but even if the average drops 2k during the rep season we should ideally have enough left on the final charge to climb back up past 16.5 at the end of the year.

LOL idiot,Titans sitting 3rd on the ladder and travelling beatifully,Broncos were coming off a win over the greatest team in history(Storm) as well.

Crowd was not good,end of story.

I deliberated long and hard whether to reply to this. All of your ancestors must number in the millions; it's hard to believe that many people are to blame for producing you.

And yet here you are: reigning supreme at number two. Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice, mate. Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?

Its like you are brain dead or your parents were siblings.....

Believe me, I don't want to make a monkey out of you. Why should I take all the credit?

The Broncos were facing a horror season, and bums on seats were looking at taking a dive. The titans, yes they are 3, whatever, its not like they are hogging any limelight this year.

Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. The distinction in my remarks about the crowd come from the fact that I believe the crowd was fine. You believe it was crap, thats ok, but I would like to point out to you in simple terms - get ready to grasp here big boy - is that the crowd was no where near the level your remarks portrayed it as.

The stadium was 80% full. Im ok with that. It was a large crowd. Sure would have been great to hit 50k, yes. Disappointed it didn't? No

Because we are not as insecure as you when it comes to crowds.

I know, but even if the average drops 2k during the rep season we should ideally have enough left on the final charge to climb back up past 16.5 at the end of the year.

Lets hope so. I can see a few more 30k+ in sydney this year. I am also predicting a big year for finals crowds, and the last few rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts