What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Talk about blind idiocy. Average 20k comes because you had a 30k+ home game against Canterbury at ANZ. Parramatta doesn't even hold 20k anymore, even if the capacity says it does.

As for the predictions vs Sharks, I think it comes down to whether you beat Manly. A loss, then the fact you play the Wooden Spork contenders = recipe for crowd disaster.

For the record, my assumption is based on the fact only 7k turned up to the corresponding clash last year, when Parra were midtable and Cronulla were spoon favourites - which is roughly the same as now IIRC.

Pazza

First Grade
:lol: Talk about blind idiocy. Average 20k comes because you had a 30k+ home game against Canterbury at ANZ. Parramatta doesn't even hold 20k anymore, even if the capacity says it does.

As for the predictions vs Sharks, I think it comes down to whether you beat Manly. A loss, then the fact you play the Wooden Spork contenders = recipe for crowd disaster.

For the record, my assumption is based on the fact only 7k turned up to the corresponding clash last year, when Parra were midtable and Cronulla were spoon favourites - which is roughly the same as now IIRC.

parra also had a 25k crowd against souths at ANZ, so dont take total credit for our crowd figures. parra management are smart getting big pulling games to anz, i suggest we do the same against wests and saints.

parra has pulled 15k against other crowd cancer teams such as the raiders and manly this season. while i do think that the sharks will attract the lowest crowd parra has had this season, sub 10s are reserved for the roosters and sharks home matches!

ByRd

First Grade
It's Round 10.

The match I'm referring to takes place in Round 20.
There is also Bulldogs/Sharks clash at Gosford in Rnd 17, that could be an interesting crowd given how both teams are currently traveling.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

You're assumption doesn't include the fact the Eels have about 5,000+ more overall members this season dope

Timmah

Staff member
So do Souths, their crowds haven't really improved out of sight...

DINGb@T

Juniors
For the record this was the first round in Australian rugby league history that there have been three crowds of over 30K at three different games.

Awesome stat. Great to see we're breaking new ground.

What's even more interesting is that something like this can happen but everyone would rather argue about who whinges the bestest...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra got 15k against the Raiders the week after losing 11-0 to the Sharks and now you think when Parra is actually starting to play well there will be under 10k this week against the Sharks? LOL not a chance.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra got 25k against Souths and thats after losing two weeks in a row to two of the worst teams in the whole comp(Raiders and Sharks)

LOL @ Parra/Sharks under 10k this weekend

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Unfortunately one of Manly's big drawing games is going to be hurt badly by the Monday Night timeslot and rain. 12-13K IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Looks like a decent enough crowd, nowhere near the crowd for last Saturday's game vs Saints though.

I'm gonna say 11 or 12k

Timmah

Staff member
...Spot on. 11,023

Round 10 - a record broken - 3 x 30k+ crowds in one weekend of Rugby League
CBY v STG @ ANZ - 37,773
BRI v GCO @ Suncorp - 40,168
NZW v NQL @ Mt Smt - 10,800
SYD v NWC @ B'tongue - 10,018
CAN v MEL @ Canberra - 12,165
WST v SOU @ SCG - 30,685