What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Warriors had just under 10,500 according to the commentators

and according to NZ media someone died at the ground

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
and according to NZ media someone died at the ground

walked past the ambulance on the way out, didn't know what happened. any more info?

given the weather it was another decent crowd in auckland. none under five figures this season, which is a pretty good achievement.

Rovelli

Bench
10,485 I think I heard Steve Mascord say (ABC Grandstand). I do stand corrected. It was 10,500 give or take a bit.

Nathan Rees gets you $29m.

For $29m you get a 6,000 capacity western grandstand, including corporate dining, coach and media boxes and four Harbour Street shopfronts.

You also get a minor upgrade of the southern grandstand, mostly involving upgrades to players' facilities.

Officially this is the case.

In practice I think the new capacity will be closer to 21k simply because they don't sell as many tickets to the hill as they used to.

23k is:

Existing capacity 20k
Less capacity of old stand (3k)
Plus capacity of new stand 6k
Total capacity 23k

While 20k is the theoretical capacity of the existing ground, that's based upon a heavily packed hill which presents serious safety concerns. Most clubs, in particular St George, are relectant to let hills get that packed based upon experience and feedback from the police.

cool

im guessing it will it be a 2 level job like the end stand?

Not clear from this shot, but yes:

780731.jpg

Similar in basic structure to the northen stand.

Lower tier with corporate dining/media/coach facilities at the top.
Upper tier above that.

Public concourses on ground and second levels. Corporate/media/coach facilities on first level.

Huge roof providing 100% coverage of patrons.

thats good as

im guessing this was a joint bid to get the funding by the dragons, gong council and maybe a prospective wollongong a league team?

id also be looking to un hill the place and get it fully seated.

although the view is good.

hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts