What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowds

WireMan

Bench
I was disappointed by the crowd at Huddersfield. Warrington isn't that far away and usually travel there in good numbers. I was expecting nearer the 10,000 mark.

We took about 1500 is what i heard.

Not bad considering United were on telly at the same time playing at Wembley (I was in the pub watching this game) and Liverpool were playing at home (I know a few Season ticket holders at Anfailed). Would not of reduced the numbers by much but could of reduced it a bit.

deluded pom?

Coach
We took about 1500 is what i heard.

Not bad considering United were on telly at the same time playing at Wembley (I was in the pub watching this game) and Liverpool were playing at home (I know a few Season ticket holders at Anfailed). Would not of reduced the numbers by much but could of reduced it a bit.

You'd think with that away support and a decent showing from Huddersfield last season the gate should have cracked the 10,000 barrier.

VictoryFC

Bench
Interesting thing you mentioned WireMan. I've always wondered, in England are supporters of dual codes common? Would people attending Super League support a soccer club? Vice versa? Or is it mainly exclusive?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Interesting thing you mentioned WireMan. I've always wondered, in England are supporters of dual codes common? Would people attending Super League support a soccer club? Vice versa? Or is it mainly exclusive?
I heard that in Wigan your either League or Soccer,Not sure about the rest.I know Wayne Rooney likes League but can not stand Union.

WireMan

Bench
In Warrington its very common. Every supporter i know who follows Wire also follows United, Liverpool, Everton or City. St Helens is the same. The pubs when these teams play (esp United vs Liverpool) can get interesting. I can be in there with a mate and we'll be in direct competition, having a go at each other and telling each other how there dirty Scouse this, or Manc scum that. A few hours later we are stood next to each other on the terrace bagging Yorkshire Sheep erm Lovers or Inbred Pie eaters (even though the few of them i know all support United and we sometimes watch games together!!).

Great fun. :D

In Wigan its a bit different as the codes are competing, and the Football (soccer) only recently got good. Most Wigan rugby fans support (Mainly) United or Liverpool also creating a rivalry there.

i imagine Yorkshire is similar but not as extreme, Soccer is much bigger in Lancashire than Yorkshire. Thats a guess though as i don't go that way often.

Its very rare a Soccer fan in say Manchester or Liverpool will follow a rugby team though.

Most people in the area dislike Union. Mainly 'cause of History. Also Sale is a bit poncy... :)

nadera78

Juniors
In Wigan its a bit different as the codes are competing, and the Football (soccer) only recently got good. Most Wigan rugby fans support (Mainly) United or Liverpool also creating a rivalry there.

Most Wigan Athletic fans used to support United, before Wigan found themselves in the premier league.

deluded pom?

Coach
i imagine Yorkshire is similar but not as extreme, Soccer is much bigger in Lancashire than Yorkshire. Thats a guess though as i don't go that way often.

Unfortunately it's a similar situation here in Yorkshire but worse. Most soccer followers who don't follow their home town team tend to shout for Lancashire or London teams :crazy:Or even worse, Leeds. :?

WireMan

Bench
Did someone mention the Ashes or David Haye.

oh you didn't mention the ashes? You'll start them off crying again. :)

Whats wrong with typing soccer? if i called it football in a thread about what sport people support it may get confusing.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Hull FC vs Castleford - 13,352
Leeds vs Harlequins - 12,684
Bradford vs Wigan - 9,244 (looked to be more on the TV though)
Salford vs Catalan - Crap

Jankuloski

Juniors
Salford gets sh*tty crowds obviously, and Catalans are having a shocker of a season, but my wory is - Wigan v Bradford - only 9k? I watched with my mates at a pub (with constant interruptions to see what frikin' Djokovic was doing) and it was a good game. Teams with tradition and legacy... expected more.. as Johny said it looked more..

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
I think Leeds crowds should be better.
As i said before Super League to early.

I agree with the fact our crowds should be better. We have lost about 1k fans somewhere. Which to say we are 3 times champions is pretty worrying. Still, the majority of teams would love to have 12,600 home fans. Let's hope they catch up before we decline too much :lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
Disappointed with Hull's attendance. It's actually down on the previous week against Harlequins who will have brought a car full with them. Cas usually bring a good number to the KC. I expected 14,000+, especially with the good start Hull have had.

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
11k at Warrington yesterday. Good crowd.

Cru prob brought around 500 - 700 down to the jewel of the North west. :)

Latest posts