What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowds

fanatique

Juniors
I agree Saints ave is good but it has been boosted by playing thier 2 closest rivals 2 weeks running and both away teams taking 5k or so. If Wigan continue playing this well I reckon they'll take the top average this year.

The real point about having a good Wigan is htat when tey are going well I think it is fair to say they have the biggest travelling support so in a sense all ships rise of the Wigan tide. Sort of like the Dragons here. Whatever about home support the Dragons in the top 4 will average over 20,000 away with the travelling Dragon Army. Same with Wigan isn't it? 5,000 on Lancashire crowds and probably 3,500 on Yorks crowds when Wigan are in town.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Think you're going a bit over the top with the Wigan support there, their away support isn't any better than the likes of Warrington, Leeds or Hull.

deluded pom?

Coach
The away support for both Hull teams is as good if not better than Wigan's and they have to travel a lot further than Wigan fans for the majority of games. Even more so for Friday night matches when the Hull fans hit the M62 rush hour traffic.

VictoryFC

Bench
April 9th

Huddersfield - Castleford: 5,932

April 10th

Catalans - Bradford: 8,884

Harlequins - St Helens: 5,200

deluded pom?

Coach
April 9th

Huddersfield - Castleford: 5,932

April 10th

Catalans - Bradford: 8,884

Harlequins - St Helens: 5,200

Disappointed with the Huddersfield gate but the Cats gates are holding up quite well considering.
Wasn't the 'Quins game part of a Union/League double header? I'm surprised at that attendance though considering tickets were £25 a pop.

VictoryFC

Bench
Disappointed with the Huddersfield gate but the Cats gates are holding up quite well considering.
Wasn't the 'Quins game part of a Union/League double header? I'm surprised at that attendance though considering tickets were £25 a pop.

Not sure about the double header. Why 25 pounds though? Bit rash.

VictoryFC

Bench
April 11th

Wakefield - Crusaders: 4,671

Leeds - Hull: 16,896

Salford - Wigan: 6,618

Hull KR - Warrington: 8,452

Evil Homer

Staff member
Quins was part of a double header with the RU side, they have obviously guessed at the number who stayed for the RL rather than announcing a sell-out and inflating their average as they have done in the past. Looked about 4,000 on TV, which is still better than usual I guess. Encouraging at Salford too, although no doubt a lot of traveling support.

Shocking crowd at Wakefield, although at £20 to stand in the worst stadium in the league it's hardly a surprise. If on-field performances keep getting worse you have to think that they may end up in a bit of trouble come license renewal time. Decent traveling support from Crusaders again though, around 150 I reckon.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Average home attendances so far:

Leeds - 15,100
Wigan - 14,276
Hull FC - 14,087
Saints - 13,273
War'ton - 11,407
Hull KR - 8,574
Bulls - 8,497
Hudds - 8,327
Crusaders - 7,751
Catalan - 7,652
Casleford - 7,019
Wakefield - 6,455
Salford - 4,069
Quins - 3,176

5 solid teams then a massive drop of 3k to the 6th. How Salford got 5-6k in the 1st division too is beyond me. Once you factor in away support too then they must have lost nearly 2k home fans in the last 2 years.

The Clan

Juniors
In mitigation for Wakefield, of the big crowd draws they have only played Leeds at home and have played Harlequins, Crusaders, Catalan & Salford all of whom bring a minibus full of spectators.

When comparing the coresponding games of last year Trinity's attendences are well up.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Average home attendances so far:

Leeds - 15,100
Wigan - 14,276
Hull FC - 14,087
Saints - 13,273
War'ton - 11,407
Hull KR - 8,574
Bulls - 8,497
Hudds - 8,327
Crusaders - 7,751
Catalan - 7,652
Casleford - 7,019
Wakefield - 6,455
Salford - 4,069
Quins - 3,176

5 solid teams then a massive drop of 3k to the 6th. How Salford got 5-6k in the 1st division too is beyond me. Once you factor in away support too then they must have lost nearly 2k home fans in the last 2 years.
Hull KR will join the big 5 soon.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
The teams such as Catalans and Crusaders, and in the future Toulouse, Paris etc... have so, so much more potential to increase crowds than Salford and Wakefield ever will. The Quins have the potential, it's just that they are up against it and will more than likely struggle for a long time yet.

hutch

First Grade
this thread died a quick death this year! does anyone know where we can get an update on this seasons crowds so we can keep an eye on them for the rest of the year!

Round 21

Harlequins v Bradford - 3152
Hull KR v Leeds - 8406
St Helens v Catalans - 8442
Wigan v Salford - 12221
Wakefield v Hull FC - 5366
Warrington v Castleford - 7577
Huddersfield v Crusaders - 5339

poor week for crowds with only one crowd over 10k, not good enough! super league needs to work out its scheduling, they had 4 games on friday night, 1 on saturday and 2 on sunday. i know its a bit different here in the nrl with the tv coverage, but almost every week we know we are guaranteed 2 games on fri, 3 on sat night, 2 on sunday and 1 on monday night. 4 games on fri night in super league makes it hard for supporters to travel away, and just doesnt seem like good planning. maybe the world cup final had something to do with it, but lets hope crowds can pick up in the back end of the season.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
this thread died a quick death this year! does anyone know where we can get an update on this seasons crowds so we can keep an eye on them for the rest of the year!

Round 21

Hull KR v Leeds - 8406
Wigan v Salford - 12221

poor week for crowds with only one crowd over 10k, not good enough! super league needs to work out its scheduling, they had 4 games on friday night, 1 on saturday and 2 on sunday. i know its a bit different here in the nrl with the tv coverage, but almost every week we know we are guaranteed 2 games on fri, 3 on sat night, 2 on sunday and 1 on monday night. 4 games on fri night in super league makes it hard for supporters to travel away, and just doesnt seem like good planning. maybe the world cup final had something to do with it, but lets hope crowds can pick up in the back end of the season.

http://www.slstats.org/Home.html

SL home crowds.

http://championshipstats.rlfans.com/Seasons.html

Championship

http://championshiponestats.rlfans.com/Seasons.html

Championship one.

WireMan

Bench

Round 21

Hull KR v Leeds - 8406
Wigan v Salford - 12221

Warrington crowd was 10,500...

World cup has not helped. Also moving games for Sky does not help although nothing to do with this week.

Hopefully as the we get to the business end the crowds pick up. There is some competition for the first time in a while and not just Leeds and Saints walking off into the distance.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
So there were more than 846 people at Craven Park on Friday? I knew that it could not be right but it was listed twice so I became a little concerned. There would of been a 438 page thread about it on RLfans if this was the case though.

So the average is down more than 1000 on the high of 2 years ago. Salford and Crusaders obviously the main reason for the drop. Hopefully things improve for Salford when they move into the new stadium, if that does ever happen. Crusaders hopefully will continue to build on the back of improved on-field performances.