What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowds

WireMan

Bench
Yeah there could of been that many, a good turn out.

Shows expansion is good, just lets not expand to far... :)

Oh and the biggest welsh flag there had Warrington Wloves on the top!! We reckon he was hedging his bets a little!! :D

Evil Homer

Staff member
Round 6

Wigan v Hull - 15,045
Hull KR v Wakefield - 8,004
St Helens v Crusaders - 8,507
Warrington v Bradford - 10,434
Catalans v Castleford - 6,810
Huddersfield v Leeds - 10,116
Harlequins v Salford - 2,395 :(

hutch

First Grade
Round 6

Wigan v Hull - 15,045
Hull KR v Wakefield - 8,004
St Helens v Crusaders - 8,507
Warrington v Bradford - 10,434
Catalans v Castleford - 6,810
Huddersfield v Leeds - 10,116
Harlequins v Salford - 2,395 :(

i understand catalans had terrible snow and weather so perhaps their crowd is understandable. not the best crowd at st helens though, and harlequins continue to worry me. what can they do to get more bums on seats down there? has the merger with the rugby union club failed?

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
8_9_4.gif

Evil Homer

Staff member
i understand catalans had terrible snow and weather so perhaps their crowd is understandable. not the best crowd at st helens though, and harlequins continue to worry me. what can they do to get more bums on seats down there? has the merger with the rugby union club failed?
St Helens crowds will (hopefully) improve when they move to their new stadium.

Harlequins have been discussed at length on a couple of other threads. They are pretty much dead in the water as far as I am concerned. The only thing they are currently bringing is an avenue for players from the South to experience top-flight league. In every other respect, the club is a pathetic joke. I think they will probably have their license renewed because Richard Lewis has stated how important it is to have a Super League club down there, and he is right, but as soon as there is any hint of viable club in London or the surrounding area they will be dropped as quick as you like. There is potential for a proper London club to be one of the strongest in Super League. Harlequins have just been pathetically managed throughout their history and continue to be. It's no surprise that nobody wants to watch them. I would not go to watch them in all honesty if I lived in London, I'd rather go and watch a local amateur game or something. As a die-hard expansionist, I've given up on them ever progressing or contributing more than they are currently doing. The best thing for RL in London would be if some millionaire decided to set up a new club in a new part of the city with proper management, community links and the rest. That could be massive.

WireMan

Bench

Problem is Quins is a rugby Union team, if they stuck with London Broncos it would be better.

St Helens will be nearer 17k this Friday, its there cup final. ;-)

Evil Homer

Staff member
Round 7

Hull FC v Bradford - 14,466
Leeds v Hull KR - 15,201
Crusaders v Catalans - 6,124
St Helens v Warrington - 17,500

Can't argue with those so far, hope the rest of the games this weekend follow suit although get the feeling we will be dragged down by Harlequins yet again...

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Round 7

Leeds v Hull KR - 15,201

Can't argue with those so far, hope the rest of the games this weekend follow suit although get the feeling we will be dragged down by Harlequins yet again...
Very good crowds just wish we could get that everyweek.

WireMan

Bench
Round 7

Leeds v Hull KR - 15,201

Those crowds were superb. Compares well with the NRL crowds over the weekend. The game is really beginning to grow now.

I cannot see a future or a point for Quins, but that debate is for another time (Franchise time to be precise).

The weather was really bad as well. It took my coat till Sunday from Friday to dry off!! :D

Sam_the_man

First Grade
The crowds the Crusaders are drawing is superb considering where they have from as a club and the low key profile that league has had in Wales.
Would love to see them have a semi final of either the challenge cup or a ESL semi.

fanatique

Juniors
St Helens crowds will (hopefully) improve when they move to their new stadium.

Harlequins have been discussed at length on a couple of other threads. They are pretty much dead in the water as far as I am concerned. The only thing they are currently bringing is an avenue for players from the South to experience top-flight league. In every other respect, the club is a pathetic joke. I think they will probably have their license renewed because Richard Lewis has stated how important it is to have a Super League club down there, and he is right, but as soon as there is any hint of viable club in London or the surrounding area they will be dropped as quick as you like. There is potential for a proper London club to be one of the strongest in Super League. Harlequins have just been pathetically managed throughout their history and continue to be. It's no surprise that nobody wants to watch them. I would not go to watch them in all honesty if I lived in London, I'd rather go and watch a local amateur game or something. As a die-hard expansionist, I've given up on them ever progressing or contributing more than they are currently doing. The best thing for RL in London would be if some millionaire decided to set up a new club in a new part of the city with proper management, community links and the rest. That could be massive.

Saints are actually doing well this season so far. Their average after 5 home games is over 13,000. They are a town team. That is great support.

Wigan's return to the summit is welcome. Wigan up and about have to be good news and the recent wins versus both Leeds and Saints will really bring the cheery and white army out. Wigan should draw good crowds on the road. Things are looking up.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
I agree Saints ave is good but it has been boosted by playing thier 2 closest rivals 2 weeks running and both away teams taking 5k or so. If Wigan continue playing this well I reckon they'll take the top average this year.

WireMan

Bench
I agree Saints ave is good but it has been boosted by playing thier 2 closest rivals 2 weeks running and both away teams taking 5k or so. If Wigan continue playing this well I reckon they'll take the top average this year.

I agree, playing us then Wigan has boosted Saints numbers, but still 17500 are capacity crowds and shows the game is still doing alright.

Wigan will finish with the highest average, they are doing well already and there may be two potential sell outs along the way when Saints and Wire play there.

As for Warrington, we need to expand the ground ASAP. Its just not big enough. Which is a nice problem i guess.

The super league is a better place when the Lancashire teams wake up eh Johnny? ;-)