What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowds

hutch

First Grade
Round 22

Hull FC v Hull KR - 20079
Leeds v Huddersfield - 15070
Wigan v Warrington - 22701
Catalans v Crusaders - 6208
Bradford v Salford - 6382
Castleford v Wakefield - 8517
St Helens v Harlequins - 10399

some great crowds and cracking games this weekend except for bradford whose demise continues!

VictoryFC

Bench
How come Hull can't sell out the KC stadium (assuming it was played there) for a derby? 20k may be a good crowd, but its still like 4-5k off capacity isn't it? Seems perplexing

deluded pom?

Coach
The game was originally planned for a Friday night and was switched, for TV , to the Thursday at short notice. that had some effect on the attendance plus they would have a steward zone between the fans taking out X amount of seating so a 25,000 capacity was never achievable.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The game was originally planned for a Friday night and was switched, for TV , to the Thursday at short notice. that had some effect on the attendance plus they would have a steward zone between the fans taking out X amount of seating so a 25,000 capacity was never achievable.
Yes Hull fans can make Canterbury fans look nice.
Good crowds for SL apart from Catalan and Bradford.Wish it was like that every week.

pmarrow

Juniors

Also the capacity for a derby game is not 25000 due to having unreserved seating.

Infact I think the most they can sell for a derby game is 22500, but I was surprised to see it didn't sell out. I think the last minute changing of the game to a Thursday put alot of the non die hard fans off going with hacing work the next day.

hutch

First Grade
Round 23

- Hull FC v Wigan 12694

- Hull KR v Bradford 7854

- Catalans v Warrington 7852

- Crusaders v Castleford 1495

- Huddersfield v Harlequins 5336

- Salford v Leeds 4651

- Wakefield v St Helens 5217

some very ordinary crowds again this weekend. did the crusaders even promote their game in south wales?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Round 23

- Hull FC v Wigan 12694

- Hull KR v Bradford 7854

- Catalans v Warrington 7852

- Crusaders v Castleford 1495

- Huddersfield v Harlequins 5336

- Salford v Leeds 4651

- Wakefield v St Helens 5217

some very ordinary crowds again this weekend. did the crusaders even promote their game in south wales?
Stupid decision to play in South Wales really, they were never going to get a crowd for it after what happened in the past. Hopefully the Harlequins game will be moved back North.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Stupid decision to play in South Wales really, they were never going to get a crowd for it after what happened in the past. Hopefully the Harlequins game will be moved back North.
You think the Rugby Union loving folk in Wales would go and watch Rugby League as there is no Union or Soccer to watch in the summer.

hutch

First Grade
Round 24

- Leeds v Wigan 16622 (is this capacity?)

- Harlequins RL v Hull FC 3982 (not the worst quins crowd)

- Warrington v St Helens 12863 (close to capacity, next year at goodison park?)

- Bradford v Catalans 6217 (will bradford ever be a big super league club again?)

- Crusaders v Salford 2412 (not the most attractive opposition but the novelty has worn off and they now need to start growing their fanbase!)

- Huddersfield v Wakefield 6055 (poor crowd, you would think the last few years success might rub off on hudds crowds)

- Hull KR v Castleford 8104 (hull kr seem to have the most consistent crowds all year, they need a bigger stadium or a bigger capacity!)

deluded pom?

Coach
- Hull KR v Castleford 8104 (hull kr seem to have the most consistent crowds all year, they need a bigger stadium or a bigger capacity!)

Why do you say that hutch? If they can't fill the stadium they have now then why do they need a bigger one?

hutch

First Grade
Why do you say that hutch? If they can't fill the stadium they have now then why do they need a bigger one?

i thought their capacity was around 9000? they seem to get between 8 and 9k every home game and i know they keep a few tickets aside for away supporters. every time i watch them it doesnt seem as if there are any spare seats.

VictoryFC

Bench
Apparently capacity is 10,000. That crowd is 4/5 of the stadium. Not sure thats a sign that they need a bigger capacity. Btw Hull already has a 25,000 seater, so if they ever need it, its there.

WireMan

Bench
Round 24

Nah, Warrington have had good crowds and badly need there ground capacity increased to 18,000.

Hull KR also need to spend big money on there ground as it really is rubbish and probably keeps people away. Shame they are skint though. They could always move into the KC with Hull.

deluded pom?

Coach
Apparently capacity is 10,000. That crowd is 4/5 of the stadium. Not sure thats a sign that they need a bigger capacity. Btw Hull already has a 25,000 seater, so if they ever need it, its there.

They had their chance to use the KC. They can feckoff.

deluded pom?

Coach
i thought their capacity was around 9000? they seem to get between 8 and 9k every home game and i know they keep a few tickets aside for away supporters. every time i watch them it doesnt seem as if there are any spare seats.

There won't be any spare seats in the home stand but depending on who they are playing there's usally plenty of seats in the away "stand". There's also a crappy little bit of terracing which is where they like to put Hull supporters and charge them full price for the privilege when all other teams get a reduction for being there because of the $hit view. This is why they can't even sell the derby game out. They don't have enough fans of their own to fill the stadium. Hudgell has stated that they need 10,000 average home gates to break even. His and his fellow directors'pockets will be running empty some time soon.

RedVee

First Grade
Round 24

- Leeds v Wigan 16622 (is this capacity?)

- Harlequins RL v Hull FC 3982 (not the worst quins crowd)

- Warrington v St Helens 12863 (close to capacity, next year at goodison park?)

- Bradford v Catalans 6217 (will bradford ever be a big super league club again?)

- Crusaders v Salford 2412 (not the most attractive opposition but the novelty has worn off and they now need to start growing their fanbase!)

- Huddersfield v Wakefield 6055 (poor crowd, you would think the last few years success might rub off on hudds crowds)

I just watched (well yesterday) the Warrington Vs St Helens game. Very good, 24-26 & what a goal at halftime! Anyway I thought the commentators said the crowd was 14,000?

WireMan

Bench
I just watched (well yesterday) the Warrington Vs St Helens game. Very good, 24-26 & what a goal at halftime! Anyway I thought the commentators said the crowd was 14,000?

It wasn't good. It was horribly predictable. Still we will beat them in the playoffs... :sarcasm:

The capacity was 14,000 but that was reduced after the first game when it was a bit cramped in there...

hutch

First Grade
ROUND 26

Leeds v Catalans - 15154

Warrington v Hull - 10042

Crusaders v St Helens 5374

Bradford v Wakefield - 7437 (safe to say bradford are nowhere near being the big 4 club they used to be, on and off the field!)

Castleford v Harlequins - 5862

Huddersfield v Salford - 6697

Hull KR v Wigan - 9250