What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Dally M Awards thread

MacDougall

First Grade
Carney and Farah. The to best in the NRL apparently, but not good enough for Origin. Let's go with Barrett and Ennis instead (neither of whom got a mention and whose teams they carry fell miles outside the eight). Good work Blues selectors.

JT_

Juniors
Thought the awards overall were well deserved. Although the lock of the year i thought Gallen had that in the bag.

anjado

Juniors
Some Points

- Well done to Todd Carney winning the award a real feel good story.

- I can understand Cronulla fans frustration at Gallen not winning Lock of the year, But Lewis has had a great season also.

- I don't understand how Matt Elliott didn't get nominated for coach of the year, John Cartwright has done a great job at the Gold Coast but they finished a place below this season then last. I don't really rate Elliott that highly but who would of tipped Penrith to finish second at the start of the season ?

- Petero Civoniceva not being nominated for captain of the year over Kurt Gidley is a joke, Penrith come 2nd in the ladder but get no nominations for coach or captain of the year ? that is bizarre.

- Kurt Gidley again this time being nominated over Lachlan Coote as fullback of the year, They both played a similair amount of games Coote had a far bigger impact and Gidley spent some time in the halves. That was an absolute travesty i don't care if he missed the last 7 games, He was clearly better then Gidley this season and him not even being nominated is an utter joke. If he wasn't injured he might of been a chance at the Dally M and leading try scorer.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Carney deserved to win, but some of the points awarded were a little curious, to say the least. Boyd went off the boil after Origin for a month or so, so no complaints there. Poor old Robbie Farah must be getting used to be being snubbed for awards and rep selection by now.

juro

Bench
Let's face it, the Dally M player of the year award is flawed from the start. The points system is totally ridiculous.

You could have the perfect game of football, where everyone has a blinder. The media give their 3-2-1 decision at the end and 31 players get nothing.

Then you could have those games that are woeful, park footy stuff. Still, the media give their 3-2-1 decision when nobody really deserves anything.

The simple solution is to give every player in every game a score, let's say out of 10. If everyone deserves 10, give it to them. If everyone deserves 0, so be it. At the end of the year, just add up the scores. Highest score wins. Simple!

redvscotty

First Grade
Let's face it, the Dally M player of the year award is flawed from the start. The points system is totally ridiculous.

You could have the perfect game of football, where everyone has a blinder. The media give their 3-2-1 decision at the end and 31 players get nothing.

Then you could have those games that are woeful, park footy stuff. Still, the media give their 3-2-1 decision when nobody really deserves anything.

The simple solution is to give every player in every game a score, let's say out of 10. If everyone deserves 10, give it to them. If everyone deserves 0, so be it. At the end of the year, just add up the scores. Highest score wins. Simple!

Since when has the NRL started using common sense and logic?

jayceen

Juniors
Congratulations to Todd Carney, Brian Smith and all the Roosters for their brilliant year and let's hope they go further in the semis. What a great comeback after last year.

TheDalek079

Bench
re the sharks 2 points. RLW rated Carney an 8 for that game so he played really well in a scrappy game....of course he deserved some points.

and farah got two points in the final round, despite a tigers loss, but no one complaining about that

Canard

Immortal
Shillo had a great season but was playing in what I consider the best pack in the NRL, but Matty Scott was a powerhouse this year in easily the WORST pack in the NRL, and pretty much outdid Shillo in most stastical areas. (Stats aren't the whole story though of course)

Raider_69

Post Whore
well done todd. Glad he finally seems to have sorted his sh*t out. He's has always had the talent to be the best in the game and he's a pleasure to watch. Should have thanked canberra for having the balls to sack him and make him hit rock bottom so he could realise the error of his way but never mind, one day he'll wake up and realise the sacrifice the raiders made for his personal growth, today's just not that day.
I hate the grub but i think Thiaday was robbed for rep player. Shillo was a deserved winner of the prop, he's one of the best in the game. Feel for Dugan who i thought has had a great year but obviously Boyd had it shored up, but Dugan will get plenty of fullback of the year gongs before his career is through

gronkathon

First Grade
Feel for Robbie. I con't understand how setting up two trys against the Broncos yielded no point or how Carney scored 2 in a side beaten by the Sharks but so be it.

At the end of the day Carney has been a hugely influential player for his club and in the NRL in season 2010.

End of the day Benji & Robbie both scored well and cancelled each other out of the contest

Latest posts