What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Dally M Awards thread

juro

Bench
Quit the whinging guys and congratulate Todd on a great year.. and he'll only be getting better in the years to come!
... or he'll get on the turps tonight and undo all the good work he has done this season...

Congrats to Todd, deserves it 100% after the great season he had. I feel for Robbie though, second time he's lost by 1 point (although I'm sure his missus could cheer him up).

He might have scored a "ridiculous 2 points" against the Gummies but how the hell he didn't score 3 against the Manly filth is beyond me.

i feel sorry for your other Roosters players.

Against Brisbane, SKD should have got 3 points.
Against us, Masoe was easily your best, and he was well behind Weyman, Creagh, Costigan and Young.
Against the Sharks, how any of your players polled points is beyond me.

Who gives a flying f**k what you think?

fourplay

Juniors
I would have given Dylan Farrell's hatrick on debut and match winning try in the final second of golden point against the tigers the headline moment of the year.

Also Robbie Farah was unlucky to not get a point against Brisbane seeing as he won the game for the Tigers.

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL @ the 'tards calling it rigged and a farce.

The only farce is how Carney was only given 1 point each for his games against the Eels and Sea Eagles. He should have at the very least been given a combined 5 points from those games.

He was far and away the best player on the park vs the Eels and at worst 2nd best on ground vs the Sea Eagles behind SKD.

Outrageous to only give him 1 point from each game. So take the good with the bad people and stop crying and instead acknowledge what a great season Carney has had.

Danish

Referee
He deserved 3 against Canberra and manly yet only scored 2 and 1 in each of those games, so it all evens out really.

How Boyd managed 2 points against the titans is beyond me

Apey

Staff member
I thought the majority of the rewards were pretty spot on.

Representative player of the year & Captain of the year were certainly debatable though.

Congrats to Todd Carney, well deserved.

Oh also, couldn't help but laugh when the DT Editor was raving on about how fantastic his paper is for Rugby League. f**king bullsh*t :lol:

mightyboy

Juniors
Carney kicked two 40/20s in the Sharks game. That's a big feat. Also made a linebreak and almost scored a potential winning try but it was disallowed for double movement.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
@ Those comparing Dugan to Boyd .... apparently the Top 3 overall players automatically get awarded "Best Position X of the Year" .. and if two or more of those three players play the same position, it then goes down the list until you get the highest-scoring player for the first three different positions to appear.

@ Tommy Smith,

Carney also managed to out-vote SKD on a day when SKD scored 4 tries in a game - a 35 year-long Roosters record.

MacDougall

First Grade
Haha did anyone else realise that they spoiled the top four completely at the beginning when they focused especially on Boyd, Farah, Marshall and Carney.

Carney had a good year. Farah had a good year. To be totally honest there was no more deserving Dally M winner than Carney. Farah being so high is pretty questionable imo but I guess he had to earn all his points considering Marshall was fourth.

Pretty good effort from Farah and Marshall to both get in the top four when no other club had more than two players in the top ten.

Boyd softened up at the end of the season. Carney was a deserving winner, even though some of those rounds were pretty questionable. Maybe they just sneakily re-arranged the games he got the awards in just so it wasn't a foregone conclusion by RD 26. Actually that doesn't make sense.

Anyway, Robbie will win eventually I suppose. Must be pretty frustrating though.

I could argue a case for Marshall as five-eighth of the year considering Carney only played about ten games at 6 but what-e.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
So Gallen comes 5th in the Dally Ms yet Lewis wins Lock of the Year?

f**k the Telegraph.
Last year Ennis beat Farah for Hooker of the Year, even though Ennis only scored 4 votes whilst Farah got 20-something. This year Farah finished in the top 3 so it automatically went to him, and they couldn't steal it off him to give to Issac Luke instead.

Also last year, Dugan polled something like 18 votes, Idris polled 1, and yet Idris got Rookie of the Year.

sarahk

Juniors
Congrats to Todd, deserves it 100% after the great season he had. I feel for Robbie though, second time he's lost by 1 point (although I'm sure his missus could cheer him up).

lol maybe robbie should start taking his mum! Worked for Jarryd and Todd!

Spot On

Coach
I thought the majority of the rewards were pretty spot on.

Representative player of the year & Captain of the year were certainly debatable though.

Congrats to Todd Carney, well deserved.

Oh also, couldn't help but laugh when the DT Editor was raving on about how fantastic his paper is for Rugby League. f**king bullsh*t :lol:

Nicely said Apey. Totally agree.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I often wonder about that. Say if Boyd was leading a close one but he got pipped at the post by three players in different positions. Would the panel avoid giving the positional award to Dugan so to avoid "giving away" the result of the award.

Tommy Smith

Referee
@ Those comparing Dugan to Boyd .... apparently the Top 3 overall players automatically get awarded "Best Position X of the Year" .. and if two or more of those three players play the same position, it then goes down the list until you get the highest-scoring player for the first three different positions to appear.

@ Tommy Smith,

Carney also managed to out-vote SKD on a day when SKD scored 4 tries in a game - a 35 year-long Roosters record.
And im assuming you didnt see that Roosters vs Broncos clash?

Because Carney was so much better than the rest in that game it wasnt funny. Perhaps the individual performance of the year by any player. He shredded the Broncos that match everytime he touched the ball.

If anything he should have been given 4 points:

3-Carney
2-SKD
1-Carney

Apey

Staff member
So Gallen comes 5th in the Dally Ms yet Lewis wins Lock of the Year?

f**k the Telegraph.

Lewis had a pretty damn good year, but Gallen would have to be the unluckiest player tonight, not picking up any awards.

Latest posts