What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Bluebags1908

Juniors
The 2009 NRL Annual has just come out today, and intersting on page 59 they publish the official membership figures for each club. It just says "Club Memberships 2009" and doesn't say if it includes non-ticketed members, but I assume it does:

15,110 - South Sydney
12,281 - Brisbane
10,862 - St. George Illawarra
9,108 - Melbourne
9,042 - North Queensland
6,748 - New Zealand Warriors
6,746 - Newcastle
6,589 - Bulldogs
6,322 - Gold Coast
5,630 - Sydney Roosters
5,219 - Parramatta
4,805 - Canberra
4,391 - Manly
4,204 - Cronulla
4,014 - Wests Tigers
3,349 - Penrith
114,271 - TOTAL
Source: NRL, October 2009

Wests Tigers figure surprises me, given their overall good crowds amongst Sydney teams.

dimitri

First Grade
The 2009 NRL Annual has just come out today, and intersting on page 59 they publish the official membership figures for each club. It just says "Club Memberships 2009" and doesn't say if it includes non-ticketed members, but I assume it does:

15,110 - South Sydney
12,281 - Brisbane
9,108 - Melbourne
9,042 - North Queensland
6,746 - Newcastle
6,589 - Bulldogs
6,322 - Gold Coast
5,630 - Sydney Roosters
5,219 - Parramatta
4,805 - Canberra
4,391 - Manly
4,204 - Cronulla
4,014 - Wests Tigers
3,349 - Penrith
114,271 - TOTAL

Wests Tigers figure surprises me, given their overall good crowds amongst Sydney teams.

i would suggest people dont want to buy a membership across 3 grounds

15,110 - South Sydney
12,281 - Brisbane
9,108 - Melbourne
9,042 - North Queensland
6,746 - Newcastle
6,589 - Bulldogs
6,322 - Gold Coast
5,630 - Sydney Roosters
5,219 - Parramatta
4,805 - Canberra
4,391 - Manly
4,204 - Cronulla
4,014 - Wests Tigers
3,349 - Penrith
114,271 - TOTAL

The size of the Melbourne + Nth Qld membership numbers surprises me, would of thought they would have been closer to the Balmain number

adamkungl

Immortal
wow. amazed we were over 5000, considering how quiet the club wsa compared to 08. Pleasing. Even allowing for our disastrous year, I think our changes and continued membership campaign will see an improvement this year

Billythekid

First Grade
Considering the storms average crowd that is an incredible amount of members.

One of the lowest average crowds with the 4th highest memberships. I think as our crowds increase with the new stadium we could get close to the top of the league in memberships.

dimitri

First Grade
Considering the storms average crowd that is an incredible amount of members.

One of the lowest average crowds with the 4th highest memberships. I think as our crowds increase with the new stadium we could get close to the top of the league in memberships.

good work strom

MsStorm

Bench
I'm hoping that every nrl club reaches close to 20,000 members within the next few years..its very achievable if marketed well by the clubs and the nrl.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Thought this was relevant.

BEFORE a try has been scored, Parramatta have landed the first blow of the 2010 season.
The Eels have attracted 5150 ticketed members for next season, compared with their 2009 tally of 3704. Only Souths have locked in more ticketed members for next season, with clubs racing to break the 10,000-mark.
Rugby league trails the AFL in memberships, but the NRL's race to 10,000 plans to end that. The NRL will give $50,000 to the first club that reaches the membership landmark. A further $10,000 will be given to the club that has the biggest percentage increase in total membership numbers, with the NRL challenging fans in Sydney to take their support to a new level - like the Page family.
The Northern Beaches family of seven have three generations of Manly supporters living inside the burgundy and silver walls of their Frenchs Forest home - and all are ticketed members of their beloved Sea Eagles.
Five members of the family have been ticketed members for 14 years, while the other two, Ella Kasmar, 10, and Noah Kasmar, 6, have been members since they were five.
Family patriarch Bryan Page met his wife Jan on the hill at Brookvale Oval, where he has watched Manly play for more than 50 years. His daughter, Debra Kasmar, has watched the Sea Eagles play since she was five and said she enjoyed watching from her own seat even more than from the Brookvale hill.
"We love being members because you're putting back into the team,'' she said. "It makes you feel really proud to be helping your team and, let's face it, a lot of clubs don't have a lot of money.''
Memberships include tickets to at least three home games a season and come with a stack of exclusive benefits, including one-on-one time with players at most clubs. The Kasmar family went to every Sea Eagles game at Brookvale in 2009 and made road trips to Melbourne and the Gold Coast.
That is the kind of dedication NRL chief executive David Gallop is looking for from fans."Most clubs are well on their way to surpassing last season's record membership base and the Race to 10,000 promotion gives fans a great reason to renew or sign up for a ticketed membership now,'' Gallop said.
"Members are the cornerstone of every club and the game, with feedback from last month's NRL club members' forum indicating there's a real sense of excitement about the 2010 season.''

Link

big country

Juniors
when you consider Souths have made the semis once in the last 21 years yet still had the most members last year, i think you can put the glasses down as to which club has the most loyal supporters

Billythekid

First Grade
you gotta love that parra bandwagon but in all seriousness its good to see there numbers going up

I'm not sure you can just say it's because of the bandwagon. Since Fitzgerald has left Parra have been a lot more proactive. Also usually the bandwagon effect doesn't actually translate to season ticket holders.

Parra's success may have been the catalyst but i get the feeling the increase is permanent.

I've often wondered why Parra don't have more members.

They have a good sized supporters base, a great Stadium, right in the middle of their heartland and their team is generally there or there abouts when the whips are crackin come finals time.

From a marketing perspective, you would have to think it would be a very easy push to get a big increase in membership for Parra. I live in the Parra area and its blue and gold all the way everywhere you go around the place. If they can't pluck 10k members from out that way, they aren't really trying imo.

Billythekid

First Grade
I know i've said this before but i think we are going to comfortably break the record crowd numbers next season. I also think we will than break it again in 2011.