What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last I checked, 5194 > 5150, so its Souths and Canterbury they're behind :sarcasm:

yobbo84

Coach
Rabbitohs Membership Tops 7,000

11 Dec 2009

The Rabbitohs' Membership numbers have passed 7,000 Ticketed Members today, with the Rabbitohs leading the race amongst NSW and ACT Clubs to 10,000 Ticketed Members.

The Rabbitohs are on track to hit to the 10,000 mark this year, but the Rabbitohs are intent on winning the race by being the first Sydney Club to top 10,000 Ticketed Members.

Now is the time to speak to family, friends, colleagues and clients who you know are Rabbitohs supporters and urge them to become Ticketed Members of the Rabbitohs.

The easiest way to join as a new Member of the Rabbitohs is online by clicking here.

If you wish to renew your current Ticketed Membership you should click here.

Remember, Ticketed Members also have the option of purchasing Return to Redfern game tickets. This Ticketed Member only event is selling out quickly so secure your tickets today!

Also don’t forget that the Official Rabbitohs Merchandise Store is open this Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm so you have more time to do all of your Christmas shopping!

Check out all of the new 2010 gear in store or online now by clicking here.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Membership-Tops-7000.html

yobbo84

Coach
Last I checked, 5194 > 5150, so its Souths and Canterbury they're behind :sarcasm:

The article is referring to ticketed members, not total members. If it were total members, yes Canterbury would be second and Souths would be $50k richer.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We're at 5,236 I think now.

And big country, there has been no qualified statement from anyone indicating whether the Bulldogs' figure includes non-ticketed members.

dgsfan

Juniors
Obviously the Bulldogs figure is a combination of ticketed and non-ticketed members. So far we haven't surpassed last year's figure. Still great either way. Here's the top 8 as it stands:

1. Brisbane - 9,500
2. Cowboys - 6,976
3. Rabbitohs - 6,908
4. Eels - 5,150
5. Bulldogs - 4,193
6. Knights - 3,927
7.Titans - 3,673
8. Warriors - 2,863

Sonic Star

Juniors
We're at 5,236 I think now.

And big country, there has been no qualified statement from anyone indicating whether the Bulldogs' figure includes non-ticketed members.

That's total members not just ticketed members.

NRL.com has posted total ticketed members sold and it's from Dec 10.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I like the idea the NRL has come up with, but in any promotion you should anticipate the outcome before starting.... So basically the NRL 50% owned by news ltd will give the news ltd majority owned broncos an extra 10k in next years grant...

And in a town of 3M or so if you cant get 10k season ticketed members when you are one of the biggest brands in town is a joke...

There is a prize for the biggest % increase as well I think which may help, any way well done for a new idea... and $10 or $20k is chicken feed.... to the NRL or any club...Remember K Hunt now earns that every 3 days

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
This idea is great for the race to 10'000. A very good initiative by the NRL. A bit more then $50,000 would be good but no use complaning. Hopefully by 2013, if the game has more $$$, they could offer more money to the first club that reaches 20,000 members.

elbusto

Coach
Broncos take the lead in Membership challenge

NRL Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:38:00

Whilst the kick off to the 2010 Telstra Premiership season is still over three months away, the race to prove which club has the most members is well under way.

Whilst the Queensland contingent of the Broncos and Cowboys are currently in the top two positions, Sydney clubs the Rabbitohs, Eels and Bulldogs fans have started to take the next step and become a ticketed member of their club.

With all clubs being set the challenge to at least improve on their 2009 levels, Grand Finalist the Parramatta Eels have already smashed their target, and are setting their sights on being the first NSW club to reach the 10,000 ticketed member mark.​
membershipnumbers.jpg
To find out more about becoming a member of your club click here

Note: The figures displayed above are correct as of Thursday December 10, 2009. Membership numbers only include those members who have a ticketed membership and is not reflective of the total membership figures of the clubs.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think you'll find that the race to 10,000 ticketed members which is being pushed in the Telegraph is only for NSW clubs.

Still great to see these membership figures, that have been 'hidden' for so long by some clubs, are finally in the public domain.

Whilst it is clear some clubs have a long way to go to having a respectable membership base, the most encouraging thing is all clubs are well on track to breaking their 09 figures.

Most clubs generally sell more than half their memberships in late Jan / Feb and early March as the season approaches.

Latest posts