What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Ill be very dissapointed if we dont break our crowds record again this year.

i would be surprised if attendance didnt increase again. hopefully the fact that the bulldogs, eels, sharks and rabbitohs have increased there ticketed memberships on 2009 already is an early sign of strong attendance this season.

p.s does anyone know when the next round of membership numbers is released?

Goddo

Bench
Souths need to do some fan days, they would attract quite a few more season ticket holders if they did

I think clubs can do a lot of membership selling around the trial matches too. For the Dragons, the Bulldogs game in the Gong and the Charity Shield are oportunities to sell plenty of memberships.

Charity Shield is an especially good oportunity for Souths and Dragons. I hope next weekend at the All Stars game the Titans try to push some memberships.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think clubs can do a lot of membership selling around the trial matches too. For the Dragons, the Bulldogs game in the Gong and the Charity Shield are oportunities to sell plenty of memberships.

Charity Shield is an especially good oportunity for Souths and Dragons. I hope next weekend at the All Stars game the Titans try to push some memberships.

Common sense would dictate that all clubs would have a representative in a "NRL membership" & merchandise booth @ skilled for the all star game.

I just heard an interview with West/Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys on 2SM with Graham Hughes, where Humphreys congraulated all clubs on increasing their respective memberships.

Goddo

Bench
^ that might just be a throw away line. Unlikely that the storm have sold more than 09 yet.

Smiley

Bench
Broncos have added a membership counter to there website which currently stands at 11,120. It must be ticketed as its very close to the one posted on NRL membership table.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Our counter's been stagnant for a few days :?

A bit concerning methinks :(

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters tally is looking a bit lack lustre, especially with the New Attitude campaign they've been running.

My best mate signed up on the weekend and we also bought a 5 game membership for a mate who is returning from overseas mid-season.

I did a quick add up and last years ticketed membership total was 92,958.

This years so far based on figures on NRL website is 75,541

The Storm havent added anything to that total, so I expect them to add around 10,000 hopefully.

Would be great to break 120,000 overall for the comp - but we're still a way off that. Does anyone know how the membership drive fared as the season got really close last year? Is there a ramp up of numbers expected?

beave

Coach
Cowboys had their fan day on Saturday, I would expect that our ticketed and non-ticketed memberships will get a pretty big bump up from it. Hopefully we can get to 9k ticketed again this year, but I am seriously doubting it this close to the season start.

jc155776

Coach
I would expect numbers to jump late Feb.

Your gonna get the initial renewals etc early on, then a stagnant period, then a jump again as people get ready for Footy.

I have my Sharks interstate memebership but will go to a lot of Cows games just because I love live footy. Wont be caught for dead becoming a member though!

yobbo84

Coach
Ticketed Membership Hits 9000

08 Feb 2010

2010MembershipOnSaleNowDetail-ed310128-b71f-43c3-aa56-77ad72b66324.jpg

The Rabbitohs’ Ticketed Membership has hit the 9,000 mark this afternoon (Monday), meaning the Rabbitohs are now only 1,000 Ticketed Memberships away from the magic 10,000 milestone.

The Rabbitohs also passed 15,000 total Members today, another fantastic achievement with more than a month remaining to the start of the season.

On the back of yesterday’s Return to Redfern ‘Members Only’ match at the Australian Technology Park Performance Centre at Redfern Oval, the Rabbitohs Members have shown how passionate they are about their team, turning out in the heavy rain to cheer their team on to a 42-12 victory.

On behalf of the Rabbitohs we congratulate and thank all of our Members for their ongoing support as we strive to be the first Sydney Club to reach 10,000 Ticketed Members.

If you are not yet a Member of the Rabbitohs or are yet to renew for the new season, please click here.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Ticketed-Membership-Hits-9000.html

DINGb@T

Juniors
That's something like a 25% increase on last year with plenty of time to go. If they end up hitting the 5,000 mark, regardless of what happens on the field this year, you could almost call this year a success for the Sharks. The accountants have to at least be sighing with relief.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ling-in-the-fans/story-e6frexnr-1225828045768

CRONULLA fans have put the Sharks' nightmare 2009 season behind them, with ticketed memberships boosted by nearly 75 per cent on this time last year.
The Sharks have sold 1500 ticketed memberships more than their entire 2009 tally of 2078 - the lowest in NSW.
Two weeks ago the club surpassed its 2009 tally and yesterday passed the 3500 mark - an incredible surge in the lead-up to their first trial against Manly on Friday night.
Sharks chief executive Richard Fisk said the initiative of putting the names of all ticketed members on the team's round one jersey - an NRL first - was a major reason for fans returning to the club.
"It's pretty special on the basis that in 2009 we were coming off a top-four finish and this year we're coming off an ordinary season," Fisk said. "I wouldn't underestimate the interest fans have in the jersey. It feels like a different club from last year and we're experiencing a real resurgence in the Shire."

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Update from P69 of today's Telegraph:

Rabbitohs 8,871
Dragons 8,801
Bulldogs 7,071
Eels 5,950
Knights 5,012
Tigers 3,526
Raiders 2,990
Sharks 2,454
Roosters 2,447
Panthers 2,414
Sea Eagles 2,279

Goddo

Bench
The gap between the Dragons and Rabbits is narrowing... I think it will be a line finish...

When is the NRL membership ad comming out? Hopefully that will have an impact on clubs.