What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Will the quality reach that level though mate? Robbie Keane at celtic is on 60k quid a week (120k AUD). That's what a lot of the a-league guys earn in a year so it's a big difference. Admittedly the new tv deal should close that gap a little bit.

I'd be interested to know your views on why you think the crowds are really dropping off. Whenever you see Roar highlights on the news its like they are playing in a closed stadium, and a few of the clubs are in real trouble already. Why has this happened?

What do you think needs to happen to get people through the door? I believe you when you say you find the young guys exciting but why aren't people getting through the turnstiles to watch them?

I like the fact the a-league took away the religeous stuff from the old regime but I just don't see how it will take off. Maybe the guys leaving a-league are (hopefully) coming to NRL games instead!
FTR, 60k GBP is 100k AUD, at least get your facts right.

big_matt

Juniors
You won't give up will you! Doesnt change my point - guys in just over a week earn what guys do here in a year.

big_matt

Juniors
Anyway back to NRL and memberships - Storm seem very confident of getting 10k members by next Saturday which would be a tremendous result. Hopefully the broncos crowd at the new stadium will be huge.

big_matt

Juniors
Sorry mate, I tried to take it back to NRL memberships with my last post. I'm hoping Storm get over 20k for the broncos game with 10k of them members.

Dan70

Juniors
Sorry mate, I tried to take it back to NRL memberships with my last post. I'm hoping Storm get over 20k for the broncos game with 10k of them members.

I think the Storm will comfortably fill the stadium against the Broncos. We always get good crowds against them, and it is the first game in our new home.

As for the A League crowds (last comment on it guys, I swear!), the main reasons for them being down are the quality (Eurosnobs :D), fans who had their NSL team denied a place in the new league (Bitters), people who can't afford/refuse to pay the, frankly, ridiculous ticket prices (bums/tight arses) and the people who went to the games because of the hype of the Socceroos WC performance, and will probably come back if the same happens again (bandwagoners).

PaulyTom

Juniors
I think the Storm should fill it for the first game.

Any news on Membership numbers from the NRL? Have not seen an update in the last week.

big_matt

Juniors
I think the Storm will comfortably fill the stadium against the Broncos. We always get good crowds against them, and it is the first game in our new home.

As for the A League crowds (last comment on it guys, I swear!), the main reasons for them being down are the quality (Eurosnobs :D), fans who had their NSL team denied a place in the new league (Bitters), people who can't afford/refuse to pay the, frankly, ridiculous ticket prices (bums/tight arses) and the people who went to the games because of the hype of the Socceroos WC performance, and will probably come back if the same happens again (bandwagoners).

yea, the reason i went for over 20k for broncos instead of a sellout was firstly because the big crowd we got at graveyard against them last year was bumped up by guys who had travelled down for the melbourne origin game, and also i know people who are not members who are going to the international and cant afford both on one weekend. Would absolutely love to see a sellout though-great way to start a new era.

The Tank

Bench
Table2.jpg

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...omments/nrl_memberships_whos_leading_the_way/

Timmah

Staff member
This can only get bigger, fantastic stuff. Hopefully membership becomes part of RL culture within a few years!

Timmah

Staff member
Clearly non-ticketed what was shown. I imagine NRL will update ticketed-only later in the week.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith's figure is only Ticketed Members. Very pleased that we will be around the 4000 mark for Round 1.

thommo4pm

Coach
Penrith's figure is only Ticketed Members. Very pleased that we will be around the 4000 mark for Round 1.

why would yours be different to everyone else's?
I'd suggest it's probably both combined, just the majority of members for the Panthers are season ticket holders.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
why would yours be different to everyone else's?
I'd suggest it's probably both combined, just the majority of members for the Panthers are season ticket holders.

Right from the start Penrith has only publicised Ticketed Memberships. There is a discussion about this on our official website now.

thommo4pm

Coach
Right from the start Penrith has only publicised Ticketed Memberships. There is a discussion about this on our official website now.

Cool, I hope you are right.....I've lived out in Penrith all my life so the more Penrith fans who are members the better.
If I ever see people walking around the plaza in AFL gear, it makes me sick.....can't say it happens often though.