What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

gallagher

Juniors
Damn expensive seems to be the main problem. I still suspect they will get quite large crowds as people would rather just buy normal tickets and not risk missing games making the memberships even more costly
Is that right? You'd think they would be making them more affordable with the AFL getting in there. You can bet their tickets will be fairly cheap. Their crowds were down last year aswell despite the team making the 8 for the first time. I hope Searle hasnt been looking into the new commission too much and taken his eye of his own team.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Teams like Manly,Roosters should be spewing as they have been in the comp long enough and had plenty of success over recent years that their member numbers should be over 10k. Just not acceptable considering they are based in some of the most wealthy areas of Sydney.

The thing with that, you see, is that they are both pissant little clubs that precious, precious few give a f@ck about.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Dragons' regions are much closer to each other than the Tigers really... and having grounds as far west as Campbelltown and east as Moore Park, surely can't help.

Are you full quid?

StartMoore Park Rd, Moore Park, NSW 2021
End12 Old Leumeah Rd, Leumeah, NSW 2560
Distance: 53.3km Time: 44min (approx)
Travel: Fastest (with tolls)

StartJubilee Av, Carlton, NSW 2218
EndHarbour St, Wollongong, NSW 2500
Distance: 66.4km Time: 58min (approx)
Travel: Fastest (with tolls)

NEVER MIND THE FACT WOLLONGONG AND SYDNEY ARE DIFFERENT CITIES!! And their area is really inner west to south west...its their choice to play at Moore Park and not ANZ. We are as close as possible within our "key communities" as Doust calls them, and still heaps further apart...

beave

Coach
yeah, i thought gong-kograh would have been a bit further away than leichardt-c'town, be f#$ked if I could have been bothered finding it out though.........

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok, not remotely right there, but the two regions seem to connect, the Tigers playing at the SFS was my main point... seems illogical.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
:)
Not true really, I just think both Manly and the Roosters aren't promoting memberships hard enough.

there interactive brochure (roosters) is quite good with a lot of options and they make apoint of it on the website. but i cant speak for how they are promoting in the ground in sydney, if at all?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Its hard to tell who the Roosters are trying to target with their membership drive. It doesnt appear to appeal a particular market. Iv been to too many Rooster games not involving Parra, and one thing I noticed is the wide demographic of people that attend the game. Its really quite remarkable. They have a rather like-able and unique brand, they arent exactly based in a low income area either.

Manly are just f**ked, thats all the reason thats needed.

Parras number dissapoint me a bit was hoping we would get close to 10'000 and really challenge, but it is our first year we really pushed memberships and we only did it when the new board took over, so 6 months really.

Penrith concern me, they do advertise it, they have the council behind them a fair bit. Perhaps all they need is a strong year and hopefully that will see a great increase. I do fear that the people of Penrith just dont like the Panthers brand at all. Its not very family appealing to be honest.

thommo4pm

Coach
Still disappointing numbers for Penrith.
I know out here there is a massive cross section of fans supporting other clubs, but really they should be doing a lot better than that.
Penrith is a big city, and to only have 4,000 odd members in League heartland is disappointing.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Still disappointing numbers for Penrith.
I know out here there is a massive cross section of fans supporting other clubs, but really they should be doing a lot better than that.
Penrith is a big city, and to only have 4,000 odd members in League heartland is disappointing.

3 things costing us are:

1. As you mentioned too many people support other teams. In my Grade at school of over 100 people 5-10 supported Penrith.
2. 8500 Juniors and about 2000-3000 officials get free passes to all games. Potential members lost there.
3. Lack of success for a number of years now. Not making the finals since 2004 hasn't really pushed those 'fringe' fans to commit to a full year.

SEAT 1A

Bench
3 things costing us are:

1. As you mentioned too many people support other teams. In my Grade at school of over 100 people 5-10 supported Penrith.
2. 8500 Juniors and about 2000-3000 officials get free passes to all games. Potential members lost there.
3. Lack of success for a number of years now. Not making the finals since 2004 hasn't really pushed those 'fringe' fans to commit to a full year.

I think success in a huge advantage to encourage the 'fringe' fan to put up the cash before a season starts. Cost is also a factor, this is the first year I have purchased a membership, due to being able to buy a 6 game option at WIN Jubilee and able to afford it.

Also, you are able to get to game when you want. I'm a bit over arriving to a sell out game before the 20's start and by the time first's start you have to stand up.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I'm glad the NRL have really pushed the concept. For me investing 300 bucks into my club is the best investment ever. I can't imagine what I would do with out seeing my team play. You spend the same amount on on 2-3 nights out on the piss. Or for a women they would spend that on a pair of shoes.

Better to support your team rather then lose them.

thommo4pm

Coach

3 things costing us are:

The Junior passes are not entirely true.
I'm involved with one of the bigger Jnr Clubs in the Penrith Junior League, and I can assure you that not all the kids get the junior passes.
I know my 2 boys last year, both were in the U/6's, did not get any free junior passes for the Panthers home matches.

I went to St Doms in the early 90's and there was a healthy portion of Panther fans in my year, but as we both pointed out there was also a x-section of other club fans.

Penrith has been in the NRL for long enough now and the city has grown quite large over the last 30 years to warrant more than 4000 members.

I'm just annoyed by it, as I don't want the AFL getting any sort of leg up out here, while I don't support the Panthers myself, I do like seeing them getting big crowds and strong support.

Delboy

First Grade
Souths and Dogs have done very well, they tend to benefit a fair bit from the ability to offer cheaper season tickets at ANZ stadium.

Shane Richardson sort of acknowledged the advantage of ANZ, from memory some season ticket packages start below $100 at that venue, not sure there are too many others than can do the same. Having said that, well done , still an achievement.