What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

m0nty

Juniors
Sounds like a good idea. I'm a fan of the game as well as the saints so I love getting to heaps of games. Why not hajve a multi-pass for 10 games to Homebush? That way if you were a fan of any teams that play there you could go?
Stadium-based memberships are very poor for the clubs, they hardly see any of that money. Club memberships are the only way to ensure 100% of funds go back to the clubs.

thommo4pm

Coach
SSFC 2010 Ticketed Memberships: 10,931
SSFC 2010 Total Memberships: 17,395

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/

Huge congrats to the 'Dogs on passing 10k total members. If both teams get their seasons off to a good start.. Easter Monday crowd should be enormous.

Great work by Souths to continually update their fans on the progress.
Saints haven't updated our website in almost 2 weeks.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Any updates on the Storms progress? They put some of the Sydney clubs to shame and now they got a new stadium by time of the opening they should reach 10000. Last count was 5700 but they have there official launch today.

big_matt

Juniors
Any updates on the Storms progress? They put some of the Sydney clubs to shame and now they got a new stadium by time of the opening they should reach 10000. Last count was 5700 but they have there official launch today.

Last I heard it was up near 8500. We are aiming for over 10k which should happen. Apparently straight after the WCG final they got around 700 new applications for members.

Storm were very slow getting the new memberships out with the stadium delays and other things. My membership application forms only arrived a week ago.

If we get near the top of the membership table this year it may slightly reduce the number of threads on here about victorians only watching AFL. Then again it probably won't!

Lambretta

First Grade
CC Bears have 1000 members - I wonder if they will pass Manly / Easts this year

Nice

The Roosters have around 3,000 ticketed members and another 1,500 or so non ticketed members.

2009 had us on the 5,000 number in total (including all members)

So unless the Bears suddenly sign up around 4,000 members in the next week, I'd say the answer to your question was no.

However, if they actually got a team in the NRL they'd pass our piddly piss poor numbers in a fortnight so I'll just go hide in the corner and shut my mouth :eek:

PaulyTom

Juniors
That is great effort if the storm have got 8500 members and still plenty of time before there first home game this season.

Well done to all those Victorians that have taken the game on. Now come on all you Rooster and Eagles fans stand up and be counted.

Evenflow

Bench
Last I heard it was up near 8500. We are aiming for over 10k which should happen. Apparently straight after the WCG final they got around 700 new applications for members.

Where did you hear 8500 big matt? I only ask cos it says in the article from the Storm that's linked above that they were at 5,700 members just the other day and that was counting the 700 that signed up after the WCC. It'd be brilliant for it to be as high as 8500 but even if it's not i've no doubt the mexicans will get there before too long.

big_matt

Juniors
Where did you hear 8500 big matt? I only ask cos it says in the article from the Storm that's linked above that they were at 5,700 members just the other day and that was counting the 700 that signed up after the WCC. It'd be brilliant for it to be as high as 8500 but even if it's not i've no doubt the mexicans will get there before too long.

Thats just what I had heard from a few people around the club. I could be wrong, and I dont have a print sources, but given they are confident of 10k on opening day I would have thought they'd have more than 5700 by now. I know today and yesterday with the launch they have been flooded with requests.

The tank's post above might be right though - they might have meant 8500 overall. Not sure. Some great offers in the membership pack. Compare that to going to some of the AFL clubs and its good value.

Evenflow

Bench
Either way i reckon they'll get to near 10k or pass it this season which would be a massive achievement in AFL territory. Given the new stadium and the Storm could quite conceivably still be a force for the next few years at least (much to the annoyance of many around here) it's great signs for our game in the southern capital.

big_matt

Juniors
Either way i reckon they'll get to near 10k or pass it this season which would be a massive achievement in AFL territory. Given the new stadium and the Storm could quite conceivably still be a force for the next few years at least (much to the annoyance of many around here) it's great signs for our game in the southern capital.

I agree. It's a big achievement. Not sure what effect the yawnion and 2nd soccer team (heart?) will have and that's why its important we have a big season this year and get new patrons into supporting the storm.

Evenflow

Bench
I agree. It's a big achievement. Not sure what effect the yawnion and 2nd soccer team (heart?) will have and that's why its important we have a big season this year and get new patrons into supporting the storm.

I don't think you'll have too many problems with the Heart given the vast majority of their season is our off season. As for the the new onion team, i reckon that fans of both codes will still go to both codes and won't drop off the Storm just because they come in and if other fans of rugby either hadn't been to a league game or only a few by now i don't think you'll lose out there much there either.

I think the bottom line is that given the Storm have been so massively successful in the last few years and reigning premiers you'll only have many more supporters getting on as opposed to any dropping off.

big_matt

Juniors
I don't think you'll have too many problems with the Heart given the vast majority of their season is our off season. As for the the new onion team, i reckon that fans of both codes will still go to both codes and won't drop off the Storm just because they come in and if other fans of rugby either hadn't been to a league game or only a few by now i don't think you'll lose out there much there either.

I think the bottom line is that given the Storm have been so massively successful in the last few years and reigning premiers you'll only have many more supporters getting on as opposed to any dropping off.

Lets hope so!

I can see the Heart being a bit of a disaster actually. Starting a new team when Victory crowds are dwindling is an "interesting" idea. I suppose they are counting on the fact that a local rivalry will be started which is good for crowds.

big_matt

Juniors
Article today that says NQ Fury are in dire straights.

Not surprised mate. I said on here earlier i think its a flawed league. Gold Coast were getting less than 5k crowds and Brisbane crowds are brutal.

I think the other point they missed is that there is no point watching it on tv. I'm a Storm fan but if I watch,say, Eels vs Broncos I'm watching some of the worlds best players. If I was a victory fan, why would i watch Roar vs Glory on the tv when Chelsea vs Man U is on the other channel?

westie

Bench
Don't need to preach to me about A-League. I thought it had potential at the start, due to the immense playing numbers... but realistically, there's not the quality here, nor the money to attract or keep it anyway.

Dan70

Juniors
Not surprised mate. I said on here earlier i think its a flawed league. Gold Coast were getting less than 5k crowds and Brisbane crowds are brutal.

I think the other point they missed is that there is no point watching it on tv. I'm a Storm fan but if I watch,say, Eels vs Broncos I'm watching some of the worlds best players. If I was a victory fan, why would i watch Roar vs Glory on the tv when Chelsea vs Man U is on the other channel?

Tommy Oar ;-)

Besides which, they're televised at different times.

Dan70

Juniors
Haha.

Point still stands though. Why would you watch cr@p players in empty stadiums if its not a team you support? The level of skill is horrendous.

It's a mixed bag really, some of it is horrendous, some is actually quite good.

As for watching games your team aren't involved in, there are a couple of reasons. Watching games that have a direct impact on your team, seeing how fringe Socceroos go (Culina, Coyne, Burns, Stejovski etc) and watching potential future Socceroos (Oar, De Vere, Kantarovski etc).

May not be for everyone, but I can enjoy the QLD Cup and Sunny Coast leagues, even if the standard isn't the best in the world.

big_matt

Juniors
It's a mixed bag really, some of it is horrendous, some is actually quite good.

As for watching games your team aren't involved in, there are a couple of reasons. Watching games that have a direct impact on your team, seeing how fringe Socceroos go (Culina, Coyne, Burns, Stejovski etc) and watching potential future Socceroos (Oar, De Vere, Kantarovski etc).

May not be for everyone, but I can enjoy the QLD Cup and Sunny Coast leagues, even if the standard isn't the best in the world.

Fair enough mate. I come from the UK where I had a membership at Celtic. Now some people would tell you scottish teams are bad but after watching that I just cant bring myself to watch the victory. I can understand that people are into it but for me the quality has to come way up before its a viable concept for people to pay good money to watch.