What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

yobbo84

Coach
5000 seems quite good this early on. How does that compare to last year?

According to the Souths website, they sold:
- 1,439 ticketed memberships in the first 24 hours
- 3,026 ticketed memberships in the first two weeks
- 4,000 ticketed memberships in the first four weeks
- 5,000 ticketed memberships in the first seven weeks

Obviously it is slowing down but it should pick up again leading up to Christmas, and again leading up to the season.

We passed the 5,000 ticketed memberships mark on the 3rd December last year (memberships went on sale around the same time), so we're slightly ahead.

I'm still not quite sure if we'll reach 10,000 or not. It's a big ask.

yobbo84

Coach

Good stuff. I like the transparency of the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs. All clubs should having membership counters. In fact the NRL would do well to have a "membership ladder" up on their website, giving fans further things to talk about in the off-season.

Heck they could even make it the club with the most memberships gets a $100,000 salary cap concession - that'd get clubs pushing it more!

Goddo

Bench
The great work of the Bulldogs and Rabbits will force other Sydney clubs to pick up their games... remember this time last year, some clubs were sceptical of memberships (Parra most of all). Now, they are all on the bandwagon. Once one club cracks 10k, it will be on for young and old I think. This is the same sort of thing that happened in AFL in the late 80s...

Finally I have something to compliment Gallop for...

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
wish Roosters were as transparent as Dogs and Souths.
Close to the best membership push in 2008, like everything else it fell to pieces last year

ByRd

First Grade
i wonder how many of those are the $20 general admission memberships?
yeh they are $20, there $95 and who cares if fans are signing up to that membership, it should be about encouraging fans to become a member and support there team.

It will be interesting to see what we end up on, we got about 6,700 last year after a shocking 2008 season but now on the back of a big season and getting so close to the GF, changing our name back to Canterbury Bankstown and very affordable prices, i hope we can get close to that 10k mark, but will be really pleased if we get past 8k or so.

I will be renewing my kennel membership in the next few weeks.

meltiger

First Grade
yeh they are $20, there $95 and who cares if fans are signing up to that membership, it should be about encouraging fans to become a member and support there team.

Yup.

Fact is, regardless of the value, it's still gaurenteed income for the club.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Those cheaper memberships that the Bulldogs have are aimed at people like me who like to support the club, but rarely can get to the games due to work commitments. So I usually buy one of those, get my keyring etc, and then just pay for the games I want to go to anyhow. It's the little things that people do to help their clubs that keep them alive, and when you multiply all those little actions together, you then see that result in what you club is able to do on and off the field.

dimitri

First Grade
Those cheaper memberships that the Bulldogs have are aimed at people like me who like to support the club, but rarely can get to the games due to work commitments. So I usually buy one of those, get my keyring etc, and then just pay for the games I want to go to anyhow. It's the little things that people do to help their clubs that keep them alive, and when you multiply all those little actions together, you then see that result in what you club is able to do on and off the field.

I agree!

TOP POST

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're the one turning it into a pissing contest and trying to downplay the significance of another club's membership. Put your tail between your legs and rack off back to the Souths forum if you're going to carry on like a twit. You're likely embarrassing fans of your own team tbh.

big country

Juniors
You're the one turning it into a pissing contest and trying to downplay the significance of another club's membership. Put your tail between your legs and rack off back to the Souths forum if you're going to carry on like a twit. You're likely embarrassing fans of your own team tbh.

embarassing?? haha - what is embarassing is the thread with 489 replies titled BULLDOGS FANS - YOU ARE A f**king DISGRACE....:lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh, you mean the one from 2004 which a bitter Broncos fan revived? :lol:

As I said, pissweak.