What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Eels Membership Thread

Just a question, received my Sparky Jnr Eels pack for my son but not my pack. Are they being posted out seperately and if so why? I thought all renewing members were suppose to get their membership packages before Xmas.

i asked parraeels on twitter and they messaged me and said that all packs had be lodged with Aust Post. They told me that on friday.

Got my sons Sparky Jnr Eels pack but not mine yet. Also my other son got his Rabbitohs junior membership pack after comparing the 2 i'm embaressed!
Sure the Rabbitohs one is $70 not $45 but in the souths one he gets entry to any souths home games and away games at ANZ, a Fullsize backpack not a mini one that the eels give, A nice cap not a lemon/washed out yellow one, A footy, Keyring, Lanyard, members sticker, fixture fridge magnet, and a couple of other things. Compare that to the useless mini backpack (too small for kids over 7 really), i cap that is a yellow ethier washed out or lemon in colour, tattoos, pencil case and lanyard.
We are still a long way behind other teams when it comes to jnr membership. Even the footy souths give out is a Steeden and the cap is made by ISC, not cheap china stuff that the eels do.
Gunna look great on Xmas day when the boys open it and ones gets heaps and then other gets stuff all in thier membership, I hope mine turns up tomorrow or the next day and I'll put my scarf and maybe something else out of mine in his to make it look better.
How embrassing Eels membership dept.
Pick your act up!

The way Ossie put it at the AGM, gives me the feel that he is looking to cut every expense possible to run a tight and profitable ship, it would appear that extends to the quality of our Merch. But I said that last year and was howled down.

Jodeci

Bench
The way Ossie put it at the AGM, gives me the feel that he is looking to cut every expense possible to run a tight and profitable ship, it would appear that extends to the quality of our Merch. But I said that last year and was howled down.

The sad thing Mark is that dispite how many times we have discussed the poor effort put into these packs by our membership department, nothing seems to improve.

The only best thing they have done was the re-vamp in Membership names and packages. Bringing in the Hayne Membership, Cayless, etc

They need to invest in what we actually get in regards to the items we get.

I'm sure the kids package could be done much better with what they get, face painting kit, etc

Anyway, I suppose the membership team have a budget and they need to meet it.

Gronk

Staff member
Membership Pack = Easter Show Show Bag

Full of useless made in China crap.

bartman

Immortal
Hopefully less people are automatically howling down any criticism of the club, as they become less personally defensive of the new (now quite old) regimes...

Hopefully that means we can soon go back to how things always used to be here, with fans expressing their opinions and trying to get things improved. Without the chorus of excuse-makers trying to neutralise valid criticisms for their own politically motivated satisfaction....

I'm not looking forward to getting the packs, my expectations are very low. I have more than enough caps after years of this STH/membership caper, and I can't think what cheap merchandise they could include that I'll actually get any use out of. :D

The sad thing Mark is that dispite how many times we have discussed the poor effort put into these packs by our membership department, nothing seems to improve.

The only best thing they have done was the re-vamp in Membership names and packages. Bringing in the Hayne Membership, Cayless, etc

They need to invest in what we actually get in regards to the items we get.

I'm sure the kids package could be done much better with what they get, face painting kit, etc

Anyway, I suppose the membership team have a budget and they need to meet it.

Yep Yep, Totally. Apart from hiking up the costs and adding FC membership into it (which has taken some things away from the FC membership) there has been no real change, but the quality of the stuff we got 2 years ago is far superior. The hat for instance I still see people wearing there (Proud Season Ticket Holder) caps, they are 3 years old now.

The stuff I got last year when I joined Hawthorn was great. I rejoined this year and got another Scarf with a new year membership on it (Now it says members 2 years) and a DVD with a season review and stickers and other stuff with the main parcel (including my Membership card) to come latter in the year. Puts out packages to shame.

Souths Jnr membership put ours to shame with the quailty of the stuff the kids get, sure it's $25 more but for what you get it's worth it. I hope mine turns up before Xmas and i'll put some of my usless junk in with my sons so he isn't so upset about how much more and better Rabbitiohs gear his brother got.
The clubs should all get together on jnr memberships and do similar packs at similar prices.

Parra Guru

Coach
I can't believe after last year's debarcle they didn't put a bit more effort in.

They also didn't put any money into player recruitment so do have have the tightest club going around?

mickdo

Coach
I can't believe after last year's debarcle they didn't put a bit more effort in.

They also didn't put any money into player recruitment so do have have the tightest club going around?

Huh? It isn't as if we weren't trying to spend the money, but the big signings just didn't happen

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Saw in the local paper the roosters have some good membership packages. And they have a much better stadium. Parra stadium is going downhill but the prices aren't.