What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Charlie124

First Grade
Any news on the new Cowboys jerseys yet?? assuming we're getting new ones that is. Every site and store i look at has the 2010 jerseys discounted dramatically leading me to believe a change is coming for next year, but no official word or pictures yet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I imagine the 'Dogs have gotten up Goodgear for releasing the images - they're all without images now on the supportersstore website. The Bulldogs clearly don't want to piss xBlades off with three weeks remaining of their apparel contract.

MatthewA

Juniors
I don't mind the "tear drop" as people call it. I think it adds a real unique and modern feel to their jerseys.

On the Bulldogs jerseys for those who've seen it, I think it's one of the best we've had for a long time.

***MH***

Bench
This is my guess. If you see the CCC logo you will notice one of the C's end is like a tear drop. Hence why there is the tear drop collar.

When NSW went to CCC in 2008, I picked up a jersey. The neckline feels extremley comfortable and fits very well across the torso. After wearing it around, I'm a huge fan of the tear drop design.

Consider the tear drop for CCC like how Adidas always encorporate the three strips into their designs.

innsaneink

Referee
This is my guess. If you see the CCC logo you will notice one of the C's end is like a tear drop. Hence why there is the tear drop collar.
Theyre kiwis shaped into the letter C - 3 of them
CCC
canterbury clothing company of NZ

The logo was around way long before the style of neckline on the jerseys

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Any news on the new Cowboys jerseys yet?? assuming we're getting new ones that is. Every site and store i look at has the 2010 jerseys discounted dramatically leading me to believe a change is coming for next year, but no official word or pictures yet.

nah, the guy that owns the sportstore I went to just said that he had seen the new one (well the catalogue version) and he said that a guy from nike had jumped ship to Hummel and had designed it.

He said it was simpler than all our other sh*thouse jerseys we've had, said that the front as it went down gradually got whiter or lighter, I asked if it was like our original jersey (where it went from navy, to grey to white) and he sat there and thought about it and said 'mmmmm, sort of, maybe, it's just a whole lot simpler and a lot better'...........

I pray it looks good because other than our NQ marlins jersey, I haven't bought one for over 6 years now...... the colors we have, it shouldn't be hard to make something attractive.

The colour usage should be 40% Navy Blue, 30% white, 20% grey, 10% yellow. Yellow was never a primary color in our original scheme, only as a highlight but the club continues to use it too much in all the merch (especially hats), I honestly think it cheapens the look when you have this bright ass yellow over everything.

Sorry if I'm rambling, jerseys and stadiums turn me on deluxe................and Kate Beckinsale.

nah, the guy that owns the sportstore I went to just said that he had seen the new one (well the catalogue version) and he said that a guy from nike had jumped ship to Hummel and had designed it.

He said it was simpler than all our other sh*thouse jerseys we've had, said that the front as it went down gradually got whiter or lighter, I asked if it was like our original jersey (where it went from navy, to grey to white) and he sat there and thought about it and said 'mmmmm, sort of, maybe, it's just a whole lot simpler and a lot better'...........

I pray it looks good because other than our NQ marlins jersey, I haven't bought one for over 6 years now...... the colors we have, it shouldn't be hard to make something attractive.

The colour usage should be 40% Navy Blue, 30% white, 20% grey, 10% yellow. Yellow was never a primary color in our original scheme, only as a highlight but the club continues to use it too much in all the merch (especially hats), I honestly think it cheapens the look when you have this bright ass yellow over everything.

Sorry if I'm rambling, jerseys and stadiums turn me on deluxe................and Kate Beckinsale.
I'm more an Anne Hathaway fan myself

Timmah

Staff member
When NSW went to CCC in 2008, I picked up a jersey. The neckline feels extremley comfortable and fits very well across the torso. After wearing it around, I'm a huge fan of the tear drop design.

Consider the tear drop for CCC like how Adidas always encorporate the three strips into their designs.

NSW are with Classic, not CCC. Never have been with CCC as far as I know - although QLD are.

Saint Doc - that's a jersey you posted not a shirt ;-)

no name

Coach
NSW are with Classic, not CCC. Never have been with CCC as far as I know - although QLD are.

Saint Doc - that's a jersey you posted not a shirt ;-)
nrl-origin-nsw.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Wow :|

So Classic chose to continue with that design?

:lol: What a bunch of morons.

meltiger

First Grade
God they are horrible jerseys

Can't we go back to simply being sky blue? With a little bit of navy trim like the old days?

Those shoulder pads make me angry lol

Latest posts