What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
its interesting that panthers have decided to use teal and black as their colours, as when cronulla and penrith where admitted cronulla had to change their colours from brown and white to teal and aqua

Penrith's colours and black, teal and rust. Black is the primary colour, teal is used to offset any clashes with opposition.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This jersey blows me away. It's still quite modern but has a lot of tradition about it.

This is what our jersey should be full stop. Even with the string. And we should go back to the classic logo - the one used before the 70's. It's soooooo perfect. People think of us as a club with no tradition or personality about us. This will go a long way to changing that. It's so innovative to go back that far. You can modernise it to be snug fitting and all that but to see my team run out in that would blow me away. It's so close to the War jersey. Even the War jersey would suffice.
I'm pretty certain that this a French League Test Jersey from the 50's rather than a a Easts/Sydney jersey. The French Test team are known as the tricolours and their emblem is the cockerel. The give away is the 13 on the badge. Because of a dispute with French Rugby Union (a sad tale of treachery and a some what unknown part of RL history) they had to call themselves 'game of 13'. This jersey is Puig-Auberts, probably the most famous French RL player of all.

http://www.sports-depoque.com/rugby_uk/produits.php

Still a great jersey.

chefman21

Juniors
I'm pretty certain that this a French League Test Jersey from the 50's rather than a a Easts/Sydney jersey. The French Test team are known as the tricolours and their emblem is the cockerel. The give away is the 13 on the badge. Because of a dispute with French Rugby Union (a sad tale of treachery and a some what unknown part of RL history) they had to call themselves 'game of 13'. This jersey is Puig-Auberts, probably the most famous French RL player of all.

http://www.sports-depoque.com/rugby_uk/produits.php

Still a great jersey.

Yeah it is a French jersey. But it is very similar to an old one we had in the War (not Super League - World War Two) I am pretty sure. Which is why I think we should go to this one. The design, the colours - the lot. Apart from the emblem which I didn't know about. Thanks for that. I just think it reeks of traditional and is so old that the retro makes it modern. I love it. Does that make any sense?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah it is a French jersey. But it is very similar to an old one we had in the War (not Super League - World War Two) I am pretty sure. Which is why I think we should go to this one. The design, the colours - the lot. Apart from the emblem which I didn't know about. Thanks for that. I just think it reeks of traditional and is so old that the retro makes it modern. I love it. Does that make any sense?
I do like the dark blue of the roosters jersey. The lighter blue instead of white would look great as your alternate strip. Ya gotta have the full V too.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Yes it does. Even I like it. If the Roosters went back to that style jersey I would have to hate them a little less. And if you also went back to being called "Easts" like you should your team would almost be tolerable, almost.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Would love to see Saints do a heritage version of the Red V next season. With the Steelers kit being used as our alternate you'd think they would do another butchers stripes one but I remember in '04 (I think) we did a slightly different version of the V.

I'm thinking white V-neck with red trim on the sleeves, red trim on the shorts and hooped socks. Maybe even use the old St George emblem.

Get on it Dousty!

chefman21

Juniors
Yes it does. Even I like it. If the Roosters went back to that style jersey I would have to hate them a little less. And if you also went back to being called "Easts" like you should your team would almost be tolerable, almost.

You must have got laid last night :D:p

_Johnsy

Referee
0.jpg

Yeah beave cant argue with the red socks addition

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Is that Neil Pincinelli standing up?????

That would have to be one of the finals game in 1992, from memory I think St George played the Steelers twice during the finals??

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
Penrith's colours and black, teal and rust. Black is the primary colour, teal is used to offset any clashes with opposition.

As of the start of 2011 rust red is no longer an official colour of the Penrith Panthers. We are simply Black, Teal and White. In the past Rust red been basically a stripe here and there on our home jerseys or a sleeve liner, but been much more prominent in our off field merchandise. But that's ending.

I've rasied the point with the club that we all prefer the retro jersey, but my cries have fallen on deaf ear's. So on Panthers Interactive forum I've encouraged the fans to buy the retro jersey rather that the new home jersey. There has been a positive response, but forum users make up a small proportion of fans so really, I'm preaching to the minority.

Spitty

Juniors
Good to see the dogs aren't persuaded by the universal hate for the crooked bib :lol: :lol:.