What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

hellteam

First Grade
Ahh looks like the Doggies lucked out and got the stupid CCC teardrop collar.

Pity, really spoils the jersey.

ByRd

First Grade
I like our jersey for next year, unsure about which to get but i will prob get both the away and heritage strip.

MatthewA

Juniors
Love the jersey. No idea why that site released it!

I was told not to release images until the start of November at the very earliest.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: ink you really are a bitter f**kwit aren't you? Scooping Timmah? Who gives a flying f**k?

I'll be getting one of those as soon as they come out - Canterbury's stuff is quality, can't wait.

Nuke

Staff member
the Henny Penny was done in yellow as well from memory...........
As well as yellow numbers on the sleeves, which, once BP took over from Henny Penny as major sponsor, was also joined by the golden arches of McDonald's as sleeve sponsor.

beave

Coach
Why do CCC persist with that stupid tear drop thing???? It's a shame they didn't go back to the straight V as well, that's 14 years now with the curved V I think........

Spitty

Juniors
The tear drop collar, or crooked bib as I call it, does look stupid. But the rest of the jersey is pretty good, imo. It keeps it's traditional look while adding some modern twists. Get rid of that collar and it's one of the better jerseys in the NRL.

Timmah

Staff member
I really like the white shoulders and the blue trim. Might get all three next year.

Frailty

First Grade
Any idea when the sharks alternate jersey will be released?

I'm holding off my membership until I see the jersey to see if I want to pick up the round 1 members jersey or not.

word on the street (pretty good word)

is its the black jersey in the hoop design.

the others were pretty sh*t.

also our jerseys are xblades this year

Timmah

Staff member
Correct:

00007847-image.jpg

Obviously pretend Hisense is in the middle of the front and the other sponsors on the back

Frailty

First Grade
Wasn't there an issue from Hisense about this jersey?

Because it seems odd the club worked the sponsor onto the other two options, but not this one (which was clearly the better design)

Spitty

Juniors
Correct:

00007847-image.jpg

Obviously pretend Hisense is in the middle of the front and the other sponsors on the back

Very old school. Basically an inversion of their traditional design:

sharks-jersey.jpg

Shame they can't where these two as the home and away jerseys togethor.

I love a good old school home and away combination which are invertions of one another.

i would say that the jersey we have now, was approved under the old management when we were looking seriously at 6 games a year at the CC.

new jersey, essentially new team etc.

i would hope we go back to the hoops jersey eventually