What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why Classic continued Canterbury's "random lines" policy is beyond me. Consistency? Just go back to playing f**king blue please.

Having said that, at least we don't have the teardrop like Queensland...

beave

Coach
you bag it, yet your bulldogs will be wearing a tear drop next year......................

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The best Blues jersey was the clean sky blue one they wore in the 90's when they were doing well. I hated that jersey but this one they have with the navy shoulder pads is a joke.

This one is half decent as the navy sides are out of the way.
nrl-origin-nsw.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was an awesome jersey. QLD had the same from memory. Why they can't do this for all origins I don't know.

100%green

Juniors
Wish we would go back to those Retro's both QLD and NSW wore in 08.

New NSW jersey for 2011, which looks better.

Nuke

Staff member
Are you saying there is a new NSW Origin jersey for 2011, or was that part of your wishlist there, 100%Green?

Knightmare

Coach
Best jersey NSW ever had was the all sky blue one with the navy blue collar/ piping. They wore that one from 1984-1996 and oversaw the Blues' most dominant years of Origin. As for that other mob north of the Tweed, best jersey was the one with the horizontal white stripes that they wore from 1991-94.

Both states' current jerseys are a load of Rugby Union wannabee garbage.

I've had a look through old photo's of NSW teams of yesteryear prior to Origin, and I cannot find one that used a Kangaroo as it's logo. I know Qld did for a while, but not for NSW. Anyone care to fill me in as to when NSW used the Kangaroo as a logo?

hellteam

First Grade
I've had a look through old photo's of NSW teams of yesteryear prior to Origin, and I cannot find one that used a Kangaroo as it's logo. I know Qld did for a while, but not for NSW. Anyone care to fill me in as to when NSW used the Kangaroo as a logo?

Hmm good point. Surely they would have, would be a bit weird if they did it just to fit in.

2008. Centenary Year.

Yes.. but that was a retro jersey

I remember seeing pics of the early (1920ish) NSW sides wearing a Kangaroo on their jersey, but don't have access to pics online. That'd be a job for Sean Fagan!

Meanwhile, this might be of interest http://rl1908.com/Kangaroos/jerseys.htm

Latest posts