What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

2008. Centenary Year.
I am aware they wore it in the Centenary year. That was a retro style jersey, but I was wondering what era it was from since most NSWRL photos I have seen prior to Origin involve the NSW State Shield as their logo (the one that appears alongside the NSWRL logo from the late 80's to the early 2000's).

If it was from 1908 then I have no problem with it. If it's not, then what's the deal?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I am aware they wore it in the Centenary year. That was a retro style jersey, but I was wondering what era it was from since most NSWRL photos I have seen prior to Origin involve the NSW State Shield as their logo (the one that appears alongside the NSWRL logo from the late 80's to the early 2000's).

If it was from 1908 then I have no problem with it. If it's not, then what's the deal?
I thought it was very obvious that it was a homage to 1908...

Timmah

Staff member
Well if you scroll back up to the picture of Greg Bird a few posts back, you'll see under the Kangaroo are the words "NSW" then under that "1908-2008" ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
QLD Origin 2011 jersey:

1.jpg

Well if you scroll back up to the picture of Greg Bird a few posts back, you'll see under the Kangaroo are the words "NSW" then under that "1908-2008" ;-)
I can see that. Since it was 100 years of rugby league in NSW I am not suprised. What I am asking is that did the NSWRL jersey of 1908 actually have the kangaroo as a logo, was it from a different part of the NSWRL's history, or was it taken from the QRL's jersey since they definately used it in the past?

Timmah

Staff member
Bitter old men will always find something to whinge about.

http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20133

image.php

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club is delighted to announce that Canterbury International will provide the Club's on-field apparel range for the next four years.

The synergies in the Canterbury name make the partnership a natural fit, with the Canterbury International logo to appear on all apparel with the traditional ‘triple C' and the Canterbury name.

Bulldogs General Manager of Marketing and Commercial Operations Mr Dirk Melton says the players are particularly excited by the opportunity to wear a brand that is renowned for its outstanding quality, creative design and innovative material.

“Having involved the player leadership group in all facets of this decision; from the determination of who we should partner with through to design, I am very excited that this relationship will make both our Club and supporters very happy,” Melton said.

“The quality of Canterbury International's products and their ability to provide the full range of apparel as per NRL Guidelines sets them apart from their competitors.

“Importantly, this partnership provides perfect alignment to the Bulldogs' decision to focus on embracing our heritage and return to the Canterbury-Bankstown name in 2010.”

Canterbury International was established in 1904 and has a long history in partnering international sporting teams due to its quality and commitment to sporting excellence, including the Queensland State of Origin, NSW Waratahs, New Zealand Warriors, New Zealand Black Caps and a number of junior and emerging teams across all sports.

“Canterbury is excited to be partnering with Canterbury Bulldogs in what we see as the perfect partnership not only in name, but also in the strength, core values and heritage of both brands,” said Scott Chapman, CEO of Canterbury, Australia.

“CCC is looking forward to a successful partnership and one that we are pleased to be launching with esCarpade.”

Canterbury International proudly launched their partnership today by providing this year's Camp Quality esCarpade event with polo t-shirts for all participants – a donation exceeding more than $20,000 and which highlights their commitment to aligning with the Bulldogs in the Community program.

“Camp Quality would like to thank the Bulldogs and Canterbury International for their support of esCarpade,” said Camp Quality CEO Simon Rountree. “This is true corporate and social responsibility in action, where we have the partner of one of our premium partners getting behind one of our major events.

“The donated Canterbury branded t-shirt's are a great addition to our annual event, which commenced on Saturday from Tamworth and helps bring fun therapy to children living with cancer in regional areas.”

Canterbury's range extends to sporting and casual lifestyle apparel, along with technical sporting injury supports and compression for men, women and kids. All ranges are available at Canterbury's retail outlets and all major sporting stores, for further information please visit www.canterburynz.com.au.

There's also a video on the Bulldogs website at www.bulldogs.com.au, and 2011 members can pre-order from a limited edition of 500 jerseys.

There are some rubbish jerseys floating around next year, all three of Cronulla's jerseys, Penrith home and away and now the Bulldogs jerseys are sh*thouse. CCC make sh*t jerseys aswell.

I heard a rumble a few months back that the Warriors were changing their jersey for next year, but I don't think we've had the sh*thouse CCC template for the required 3 seasons yet.

There's a competition running to design the Junior Warriors jersey for 2011. Here's my contribution:

VodafoneJuniorWarriorsJersey.png

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10679407

wariors_460x230.jpg

Interesting choice ... the blue and green are probably a nod to the original 1995 design, it'll be interesting to see whether the first grade side follow suit in a year or two.

EDIT: Just realised the story only says he won the competition, not that the Warriors have actually agreed to use the jersey. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I like LeagueNut's design a lot better

Best jersey NSW ever had was the all sky blue one with the navy blue collar/ piping. They wore that one from 1984-1996 and oversaw the Blues' most dominant years of Origin. As for that other mob north of the Tweed, best jersey was the one with the horizontal white stripes that they wore from 1991-94.

Both states' current jerseys are a load of Rugby Union wannabee garbage.

Every NSW jersey since has been rubbish I don't see why we can't just have a plain jersey with no extra colour and panels and a white or navy collar.

MatthewA

Juniors
Stylish, modern and a great overall sponsorship which is great for the club. I really like the new jerseys.

S.R.

Juniors

Does the "Heritage" jersey have a double teardrop?!? :crazy:

The teardrop on the main strip should be blue. The Doltone House logo should be reworked to be black on the white background.

First impressions aren't great IMO.

Doga

Juniors
Does the "Heritage" jersey have a double teardrop?!? :crazy:

The teardrop on the main strip should be blue. The Doltone House logo should be reworked to be black on the white background.

First impressions aren't great IMO.

You have a keen eye. I agree