What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

lol

superleague heritage round.

Brisbane vs Cronulla
Canberra vs Dogs
Penrith vs NZ Warriors
Cowboys vs Melbourne (playing in mariners blue and yellow)

Byes

St George
Wests Tigers
Manly
Goldcoast
Newcastle
Roosters
Parramatta
Souths dont get the 2 points for the bye.

Nuke

Staff member
is it just me or is the nsw blue jersey slowing going from sky blue to aqua blue

It's definitely a stronger blue than it used to be, but I wouldn't describe it as aqua.

Kinda on topic, the NSW socks are shit. They need more dark blue on them (there was nothing wrong with the old socks which they ditched a couple of years ago), and the sky blue that they're using for the socks isn't even the same sky blue that's on the jersey. They're too pale.

And yes, I also believe the NSW jerseys should have the players names on the back above the number.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The blue does seem to be lighter. But no complaints about it. Names on origin jerseys are an absolute must. It looked like someone had just plonked stickers on the back.

***MH***

Bench
The blue does seem to be lighter. But no complaints about it. Names on origin jerseys are an absolute must. It looked like someone had just plonked stickers on the back.
They may as well have had "kick me" on their backs after last nights outing.

Shorty

Staff member
Is there a reason other than advertising that NSW didn't have names?
Like maybe you're playing for NSW and are a number....?
I can't believe that would do that to an Origin jersey.

hellteam

First Grade
Tell you what, if I went to the sheds for my first origin game and got a new jersey with no name on the back, I'd be pretty pissed.

Saint Doc

Coach
Blue was definitely more of a highlighter blue colour, but liked it.

NSW numbers were black, aren't they usually white? No numbers was a shame, and thought the side panel on the shorts was a little weird.

Didn't like the QLD flag, don't know why, maybe just because it was new and I don't change!

applesauce

Bench
Half you guys here wanting names on the Origin jerseys don't want it at club level.

If it is good enough for Origin it is good enough for club games ffs. Flawed logic.

axl rose

Bench

NSW numbers were black, aren't they usually white? No numbers was a shame, and thought the side panel on the shorts was a little weird.

Didn't like the QLD flag, don't know why, maybe just because it was new and I don't change!

QLD flag looked out of place, way to many logos. There were a lot of NSW players called real Australian beer. Cant remember the last time NSW didn't have names on the back. Would be 20 years.

BDGS

Bench
Half you guys here wanting names on the Origin jerseys don't want it at club level.

If it is good enough for Origin it is good enough for club games ffs. Flawed logic.

It's completely different.

How many changes do you see in the NRL teams name on Tuesday to the players that actually play on the day? Too many to have all these extra jerseys with names etc on them just in case or whatever.

Origin does not have that problem or any represenstative side really.

You could aruge that NRL teams should give players a squad number at the start of the year and they should wear that all year, but i disagree on that. It's a tradition to have the position dictate the numbers and its easy to see what position a player is playing by looking at his number.

flippikat

Bench

It's a bit like what happened at the Sharks a few years back - when they had the 'fin' design shirt, the shade of blue was a lot darker than the original Sharks blue.

They've reverted to a shade now that's similar to the traditional pale blue that they used to wear - wonder if that will happen with NSW?

And on the numbers, I have no problem with the numbers being dark instead of white.

I reckon player numbers should stand-out. The original white numbers on a light blue jersey just smudged from a distance - unless the jersey was dirty.

Nuke

Staff member
The numbers were dark blue I think you'll find. They've had that the past few years - usually when playing in QLD, while when playing in NSW, they've retained the white numbers. Personally, I like the white numbers, but that's just my opinion.

I guess we'll see in a few weeks' time if they have the dark blue numbers or the white ones.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Its more traditional in SoO. I'm all for names on jerseys at club level but I will admit to being anti individual numbers.

hellteam

First Grade
The numbers were dark blue I think you'll find. They've had that the past few years - usually when playing in QLD, while when playing in NSW, they've retained the white numbers. Personally, I like the white numbers, but that's just my opinion.

I guess we'll see in a few weeks' time if they have the dark blue numbers or the white ones.

Pretty sure that only happened in one year. 2007 I think. Last year they had blue numbers all games.

On a side note, I miss the silver Qld numbers

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
It's completely different.

How many changes do you see in the NRL teams name on Tuesday to the players that actually play on the day? Too many to have all these extra jerseys with names etc on them just in case or whatever.

Origin does not have that problem or any represenstative side really.

You could aruge that NRL teams should give players a squad number at the start of the year and they should wear that all year, but i disagree on that. It's a tradition to have the position dictate the numbers and its easy to see what position a player is playing by looking at his number.

Are you f**king kidding me??? You could say the same thing when Thurston comes back from injury and they make him a one off number "20" jersey.

No wait your right that is a big obstacle and cannot be overcome...

How does a 45man NFL team do it? What about the numerous soccer leagues around the world with players that actually don't get a run on the pitch but are on the bench.

Some iron-on letters are not going to break the budget and if they can do it for sponsors, logos etc there is no excuse....