What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

S.R.

Juniors
Are you f**king kidding me??? You could say the same thing when Thurston comes back from injury and they make him a one off number "20" jersey.

No wait your right that is a big obstacle and cannot be overcome...

How does a 45man NFL team do it? What about the numerous soccer leagues around the world with players that actually don't get a run on the pitch but are on the bench.

Some iron-on letters are not going to break the budget and if they can do it for sponsors, logos etc there is no excuse....

Soccer teams have squad numbers that they use for every game. As does the NFL.
Not sure what you point is here?

As for not having names on the Blues jerseys, cunovadecision.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The blue numbers have only been around the last few years, the white numbers look much better IMO.

The missing player names were also a disgrace, definitely the worst NSW jersey I've seen.

S.R.

Juniors
Just saw some pics of the game. The Blues players had their name and Origin number embroided above the NSW logo. Nice touch, but no replacement for names on their back.

But gee, seeing that white patch on the back of the jersey made me feel like drinking a VB! :^o

BDGS

Bench
Are you f**king kidding me??? You could say the same thing when Thurston comes back from injury and they make him a one off number "20" jersey.

No wait your right that is a big obstacle and cannot be overcome...

How does a 45man NFL team do it? What about the numerous soccer leagues around the world with players that actually don't get a run on the pitch but are on the bench.

Some iron-on letters are not going to break the budget and if they can do it for sponsors, logos etc there is no excuse....

As said by SR, the NFL has squad numbers unlike the NRL.

It has been done before and stopped on the ground of finances.

beagle

Juniors
I put this together in about 5 minutes using MS Paint
If they must insist on a rear sponsor it should be on the lower back

picture.php

Last edited:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Now what's the go with the Roosters?

They have an away jersey (le Tricolore) that they've worn just once this season — and that one time was against the Sharks where it was the most similar to the Cronulla shirt of any the four jerseys they've worn this season.

Surely tonight was an opportunity to wear the Tricolore with white shorts against the predominantly navy of the cowboys?

Last edited:

S.R.

Juniors
Just another club flaunting the rules of the NRL and escaping sanction from their beloved David Gallop.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not aware they're flaunting any rules just yet. My understanding is that Heritage Jerseys can be worn up to 8 times in a season (I'm sure that's what I read somewhere).

The club probably realises how shithouse the away jersey is and are trying to minimise the damage, much like Pemriff.

innsaneink

Referee
Their away jumper looks like its been pushed halfway up the body, and the players wearing a dark compression garment under it

beave

Coach
Not aware they're flaunting any rules just yet. My understanding is that Heritage Jerseys can be worn up to 8 times in a season (I'm sure that's what I read somewhere).

The club probably realises how shithouse the away jersey is and are trying to minimise the damage, much like Pemriff.

this.

A bloke near me last night was wearing the rubbish looking away jersey and it was an eyesore. The jersey the chooks wore on the field last night looked 1000% better.

S.R.

Juniors

Then that is a sh!t rule.
Do they have to wear their nominated "away" jersey at all?

For example:
24 rounds. Home for 12. Away for 12.
Of those away games, they wear the Heritage jersey 8 times.
They then wear their home jersey away against the Dragons, Bulldogs, Manly and Canberra. Easy. The ugly jersey is never worn. What a joke if that's possible.

beagle

Juniors
Now what's the go with the Roosters?

They have an away jersey (le Tricolore) that they've worn just once this season — and that one time was against the Sharks where it was the most similar to the Cronulla shirt of any the four jerseys they've worn this season.

Surely tonight was an opportunity to wear the Tricolore with white shorts against the predominantly navy of the cowboys?

I reckon the NRL decided that the navy part of that jersey would have clashed with the Cowboys. A joke, I know. But remember the NRL also decided that Penrith's teal would have clashed with Brisbane's home jersey, that's why Penrith wore white against the Broncos

Timmah

Staff member
The NRL decided the navy in the Roosters jersey clashes with Cowboys, but the white part didn't clash with Cronulla's pale white and sky blue jersey a fortnight ago? I doubt that.

The NRL haven't decided Penrith's teal jersey would clash with any team other than one that wears blue but they have spoken to Penrith and indicated that it provides better contrast for them to wear white. As such, we may have seen the last of the teal strip.

beagle

Juniors
The NRL haven't decided Penrith's teal jersey would clash with any team other than one that wears blue but they have spoken to Penrith and indicated that it provides better contrast for them to wear white. As such, we may have seen the last of the teal strip.

In other words, the teal clashes

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think that's the case. I just think the NRL and Penrith have both woken up to the fact that white is a better colour for an alternate strip.

In other jersey news, as part of Call to Arms Round (this weekend's R13), Sharks will be wearing a yellow-piped version of their alternate shirt vs Brisbane:

00001290-image.jpg

Tom Shines

First Grade
If Sharks are wearing that, then I'll bet good money that Broncos will be wearing the Livestrong alternate.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I know it's probably been said before, but geez it's getting tiresome with the amount of "one off" jerseys being produced these days. Soon you'll be able to go through all 26 rounds with a different bloody jersey each week.

Latest posts